1. Post
    WTF is widevine? One of my apps(motor trend) which always worked fine now says this device doesn't support widevine?

Sent from my MX4 Pro using Tapatalk

2. Post
    It is Google's DRM.

3. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    It is Google's DRM.
    Did they just implement it or wood that have been the apps developer?

4. Post
    It will be the devs, so I'd contact them about it.

5. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    It will be the devs, so I'd contact them about it.
    Alternative option, what's a good os for a meizu?

6. Post
    I'd probably chuck Android 7 on it, if it is running 4.4 (kitkat)
    https://www.androidinfotech.com/2017...icial-rom.html

7. Post
    What would currently be the best Android phone for about $479 or less?

I need a non-flagship for travel, going to some spotty places so keen to have a cheap, but still good, phone instead.
    Dual sim would be nice but not essential.
    Last edited by Ninjist222; 12th October 2017 at 4:44 pm.

8. Post
    Ninjist222 wrote:
    about $479 or less?
    Very specfic amount.

9. Post
    The Motorola Moto G5 Plus Dual SIM fits the bill.

10. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Very specfic amount.
    Would be ~500$ with case and magnet for car.

G5+ looks good, but I might get a Samsung J5 Pro though, I've only owned samsungs for the past like 7 years.

11. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    This is a thread for owners of an android handsets, who purchased one, even with all the silly apple marketing around them.

Please answer a few initial questions:

1) What model do you have
    2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives
    3) How long do you intend on keeping it

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's mine

1) HTC One
    2) Best phone on the market, I've got the choice to do whatever I want, and you know... widgets etc.
    3) Will replace after two years.

[NO TROLLS PLEASE]

We can then discuss our android handsets and how we like them and how we use them.
    Hi,

I own galaxy A7
    It fits best according to my usage.
    Still, no plans about replacing it, maybe after a year.

12. Post
    So I've been using Android since S1 through to S4 but I switched to iOS for 6s - really enjoyed it and love my phone but with apple (and other companies) ditching the headphone jack, I'll probably come running back to Android.

When does Samsung usually reveal what's next? looking to get something brand spanking new but keen to wait a bit. Hopefully they don't remove the headphone jack for their next flagship device

What other android devices are quite popular these days? I've always been a Samsung go-to person.

13. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    So I've been using Android since S1 through to S4 but I switched to iOS for 6s - really enjoyed it and love my phone but with apple (and other companies) ditching the headphone jack, I'll probably come running back to Android.

When does Samsung usually reveal what's next? looking to get something brand spanking new but keen to wait a bit. Hopefully they don't remove the headphone jack for their next flagship device

What other android devices are quite popular these days? I've always been a Samsung go-to person.
    Normally the Sx range hits shelves in NZ around May/August so still a wee while away.

14. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Normally the Sx range hits shelves in NZ around May/August so still a wee while away.
    Worth just getting the S8 then? pretty decent upgrade from a 6s?