1. Post
    N04h wrote:
    Actually they gave me a "tax credit (item price less tax)" which can be exchanged for store credit or cash.
    They didn't refund your GST?! You are entitled to a full refund of your purchase price, not less tax.

2. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    They didn't refund your GST?! You are entitled to a full refund of your purchase price, not less tax.
    Sorry I meant including tax misread the note.

3. Post
    Got a Moto X4 with the refund for Nexus 6P.

Still waiting for Oreo update (still on Aug 2017 security patch!!)

4. Post
    N04h wrote:
    Got a Moto X4 with the refund for Nexus 6P.

Still waiting for Oreo update (still on Aug 2017 security patch!!)
    Got Oreo update and Feb security patch today.

5. Post
    1) Galaxy S8
    2) I like Samsungs
    3) Couple of years, I hope

6. Post
    Old phone died so looking to buy a new one. I really like the look of the Nokia 7 Plus. Anyone have experience with it and will I encounter problems if I buy a parallel imported model when it comes to compatibility and software updates?

7. Post

Last edited by Mithster18; 21st June 2018 at 7:26 pm.

8. Post
    1 Sony X Performance
    2 Wanted high specs but not the usual Samsung or Apple stuff
    3 Until it breaks

9. Post
    so my pixel XL is RIP (memory failing, getting refunded as under warranty)

I really like the unit though, tempted to get the same again, or go to OP6, can't decide lol

10. Post
    Is there a ranking of phones by camera quality?

11. Post
    brand wrote:
    Is there a ranking of phones by camera quality?
    https://www.dxomark.com/category/mobile-reviews/

It's not super comprehensive but covers most of the big boys.

12. Post
    So I upgraded from the s7 Edge to the p20 Pro instead of the s9+ due to price difference. Having using Samsung for the last 5 years, I'm impressed with the phone. The camera is great too after I switched off the AI. A great backup to my Sony a6000 camera.
    Even though it has an slightly older cpu in it, it doesn't matter to me that it'll take 2 seconds longer to open an app compared to the s9 etc

13. Post
    Has anyone figured out how to use your Android device to browse the net on your PC using VR?

ok that made little to no sense.

Basically, when you're browsing some websites on your PC, they have a "VR Button" once you press it, your monitor goes into full VR mode and you can move the screen with your mouse. Is it possible to somehow connect my Galaxy s9+ to my PC, that way I can wear the phone using my VR goggles and browse my PC through the VR headset? with head motion and everything? and still use my mouse to navigate videos, games, etc?

basically, I'm assuming the sites that have "VR Buttons" would work if you had an Oculus or a Vive, but surely you can spoof those devices using your phone?

I think "Virtual Desktop" on Steam is what I'm looking for?
    Last edited by Rekuja; 1st July 2018 at 5:30 pm.

14. Post
    Buying a Samsung Gear VR and putting your phone in it is what you are talking about. There is an app that will stream your desktop PC to it called Big Screen - it is in beta at the moment, they are sorting out the latency issues.

There is another app called Skybox that is a video player, I use it to stream VR and normal videos off my PC so I don't have to take up the limited storage space on the Oculus.

The VR buttons will work with that using the included controller - I have an Oculus Go (basically the same thing accept the phone guts are built in) and it works great, and I can see why the adult industry is so happy about this device...

15. Post
    I got it working with Vridge and Steam Desktop but it was pretty shiet compared to just downloading a 2-3gb VR video and chucking it on Skybox.

16. Post
    Playing with Android auto in my car stereo, tis interesting but not perfect by any stretch

17. Post
    Anyone got a tip for a good game controller for the s8

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

18. Post
    Well finally got my pixel xl sorted for a refund, going with op6.

Partner got a pixel xl, which has a fault out of the box, ffs. Bottom third of the display randomly sends touch signals to x=x y=0, so you end up getting the notification drawer coming down every time you're typing to someone.

Can't wait for pbtech to try give me the run around for yet another 6 months

19. Post
    S7... good phone

20. Post
    Ended up going OP6, ****ing awesome phone. I miss the pixel camera but the OP6 camera does good enough.

21. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    Ended up going OP6, ****ing awesome phone. I miss the pixel camera but the OP6 camera does good enough.
    Try the google camera mod (will probably need to root to enable camera2api) - https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/

22. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Try the google camera mod (will probably need to root to enable camera2api) - https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...google-camera/
    Yeah been following that at the moment, with Android 9 being released I'll wait til a month or two before installing the new version of the camera port. I'm running it at the moment and honestly the difference isn't that much better atm.

Android 9 is meant to better use dual cameras in the API so we'll see.

23. Post
    I still like my S7, but will probably upgrade to a Oneplus 6T or Galaxy S10 when they hit the market. Mostly because the S7 won't be getting any more software upgrades.

24. Post
    Android 9 installed on my Pixel XL last night. It seems to be an all around improvement in battery life and speed, with a nicer layout here and there. Haven't noticed anything like camera quality yet. I don't use gestures, or much AI (other than assistant) so 9 will be lost on me for the most part. Absolutely love this phone btw. It destroys the Mi5s it's replacing.

25. Post
    1) iPhone se
    3) Will replace when I have new phone.