Page 1 of 30 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Android owners thread - [No Trolls]

This is a thread for owners of an android handsets, who purchased one, even with all the silly apple marketing around them.

Please answer a few initial questions:

1) What model do you have
    2) What made you buy it instead of the alternatives
    3) How long do you intend on keeping it

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Here's mine

1) HTC One
    2) Best phone on the market, I've got the choice to do whatever I want, and you know... widgets etc.
    3) Will replace after two years.

[NO TROLLS PLEASE]

We can then discuss our android handsets and how we like them and how we use them.

2. Post
    Sony Xperia Z
    had good experiences with an Xperia Neo (wifes) and Xperia Mini. Needed a big screen in my old age. Waterproofing is good for my lifestyle (work, hunting, fish, kids) and is a great deathmatch challenge to iphone users they cannot respond too. Battery performance is great (stamina mode and other smarts give me a good solid 24 hours of use).
    2-3 years I reckon

3. Post
    1) Galaxy S2, not the latest and greatest but performs well and much better than my previous iPhones.
    2) Previously owned two iPhones (3G and 3GS), played with someone else's S2, saw the light, never looked back.
    3) < 12 months. Recently got a Nexus 7 Tab which I'm very happy with, may try a Nexus phone next.

4. Post
    Xperia Z

When I had a HTC One in March (pre release model obviously) I really didn't like blinkfeed, and I prefer the Xperia Z's layout
    Really dislike Samsung build quality and once I found out the 4+4 exynos didn't have LTE (before the Korean model was announced), there was no point.

Unless major issues crop up I will have it for the duration of my 2 year contract

I'd also say that my experience with VDF 4G is incredible, can't wait until it's further rolled out.

5. Post
    1) Galaxy S4
    2) Was impressed with the screen, dat 441 ppi
    3) Not sure, possibly when iphone 5S or 6 comes out.

6. Post
    1) Galaxy S3
    2) Had a Galaxy S1 before that and needed an upgrade. Having used iOS on my iPod Touch before, I knew the limitations of the device/OS and getting the S3 was the logical step.
    3) Another year but I am really getting tempted by the HTC One these days.

-e-

Didn't want to spoil this thread with comments but I gotta say these threads are a really interesting. Great to see the different decisions and the reasoning behind buying certain smartphones without the added wading through troll posts.

7. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy SII
    2) f***ed up my Galaxy note via driving with it on my roof and it fell off. This was cheaper than fixing the note
    3) Will replace when it dies (within 2 years?)

I went from iOS to WP7 to Andriod. I'd have to say that Andriod 4.0+ is my best experience on a phone to date. I got my missus a Nexus 4 for her replacement of her iphone 4 and she loves it.

8. Post
    The Defragger wrote:
    1) Galaxy S3
    2) Had a Galaxy S1 before that and needed an upgrade. Having used iOS on my iPod Touch before, I knew the limitations of the device/OS and getting the S3 was the logical step.
    3) Another year but I am really getting tempted by the HTC One these days.
    Exactly me brah

9. Post
    1) Galaxy S
    2) Felt it was best phone around at the time
    3) Maybe another year or until it dies. Feel no need to replace

10. Post
    1) HTC One X
    2) This is my 3rd Android phone. 2nd HTC phone. I love the customisation of Android through rooting and custom ROM's, and the build quality of HTC phones.
    3) I got it on 24 month contract last December. But will no doubt upgrade before this term is up.

11. Post
    1) Samsung Galaxy S3
    2) Since my work phone is iOS based, I wanted an android phone (to bring balance to the universe). Tried a friends S2, was impressed so picked up the S3.
    3) at least another 18 months.

12. Post
    1) S3
    2) Compared to iOS, the freedom that android provides is unmatched, plus the price just adds insult to logic. Compared to other Androids, Like AMOLED screens, needed removable batteries as this phone will mostly likely be passed down when I upgrade.
    3) Depends, no reason to upgrade right now based on usage needs, but waiting on google IO to see if a new nexus is coming out. May grab a nexus phone tablet combo and give this phone to family member.

13. Post
    As an experiment I have stickied these three threads. I endorse the no trolls rule.

14. Post
    1) LG Nexus 4 16GB
    2) Looking to get a decent phone after the HTC Desire. I really like Android with the freedom and versatility it brings. Also preferred vanilla android over Touchwiz. Had contemplated getting the GS4/HTC One.. but then for almost half the price you get a pretty high end phone ...so value for money by a long shot.
    3) 2+ years

Throwing it into the mix:
    I'm a pretty simple user, I don't need a lot of flashy stuff/bloat on the phone (hence why I shun the Samsung line), mainly after calling, messaging, emails (work and personal), whatsapp, some music/video watching and the occasional game. What is 'meh' (not so important or why even bother) to me on a phone? Facebook app and the camera to some extent. I can't say I use much else on it. Oh, I also put a piece of 3M CF wrap on the back. It's boss

15. Post
    1- S3
    2- Android. It seemed like the best choice in my price range at time of purchase.
    3- When the S3 no longer meets my requirements, prob a couple of years.

16. Post
    1) Nexus 4 16gb
    2) Upgraded from desire which was running CM10.1. Nexus is good value and offers the latest AOSP or custom roms without as much hacking around with hardware/driver issues. Overall its a great device.
    3) 2 years hopefully, but it depends on how technology goes, its unpredictable. Also with the glass front and back, you never know how durable its going to be.

Little birdies tell me the nexus 5 won't be enough to make me upgrade at least.

17. Post
    ShakyStevens wrote:
    1) Galaxy S
    3) Was very close to getting the Xperia Z a couple of weeks back but they only had the Telecom version. Realised my contract with Vodafone expires in a month so will look again then. Most likely to get the Z or the HTC One.

18. Post
    1. Galaxy S4

2. Because it's the best phone available, and I have tried all the 3 major platforms and prefer Android due to the customization.

3. 1 year will probably upgrade to the next galaxy. Have done since the S2.

19. Post
    1) Galaxy SIII
    2) Old man got an SII so one upped him and got the SIII + I like to root
    3) Until the SV if it last that long.

20. Post
    1) Galaxy SIII
    2) It had such a large screen compared to anything else without being too big, and the strong processor & graphics.
    3) Until I get my next mobile credit in September, then will sell for the HTC One

21. Post
    ShakyStevens wrote:
    1) Galaxy S
    3) Maybe another year or until it dies. Feel no need to replace
    same for me (but the s4/xperia z/htc one are starting to tempt me)

22. Post
    Those that are tempted by the one, just do it. You won't regret it.

23. Post
    1) LG Optimus G Pro
    2) Wanted something bigger than S4 as a PMP but didn't want to wait till Note 3
    3) 1-2 years

24. Post
    1) Xperia Z
    2) Got fooled into thinking 2013 hardware would not lag, plus the 1080p screen is nice as well as waterproof.
    3) Getting rid of it before the end of the year.

25. Post
    glock18 wrote:
    1) Xperia Z
    2) Got fooled into thinking 2013 hardware would not lag, plus the 1080p screen is nice as well as waterproof.
    3) Getting rid of it before the end of the year.
    Out of interest, what 'lags' on your Xperia Z? The only app I have any delay on is Chrome (other browsers fine).