1. Post
    1) S7 Edge
    2) Price, battery. Not a bad phone considering it was released two years ago. Would still be using my S6 Edge if the display wasn't cracked.
    3) As long as I can. Hopefully the dbrand grip case will extend it's longevity.

2. Post
    Hey guys i bought a s7 edge, but today when i was checking my emails, it just froze and turned off. Now i can't turn it back on, i've tried the hard resets and everything, took out sim card and put it back in. Won't turn back on. Also if i try to charge it, no leds show up that it's been charged. I bought it in 09/2017 so it's not old at all.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've given the place i bought it from a email but i'm impatient.

3. Post
    BananaManzK3 wrote:
    Hey guys i bought a s7 edge, but today when i was checking my emails, it just froze and turned off. Now i can't turn it back on, i've tried the hard resets and everything, took out sim card and put it back in. Won't turn back on. Also if i try to charge it, no leds show up that it's been charged. I bought it in 09/2017 so it's not old at all.

Anyone got any suggestions? I've given the place i bought it from a email but i'm impatient.
    Leave on charge for 5 mins then hold all the buttons in the phone for 15 seconds

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

4. Post
    restecp wrote:
    Leave on charge for 5 mins then hold all the buttons in the phone for 15 seconds

Have just tried that and nothing. No lights or anything.

5. Post
    BananaManzK3 wrote:
    Have just tried that and nothing. No lights or anything.
    Is it an NZ model or a parallel imported one? Which part of NZ are you in?

6. Post
    restecp wrote:
    Is it an NZ model or a parallel imported one? Which part of NZ are you in?

I assume it's a NZ model. I bought it from mobilestation.
    I'm in auckland.

7. Post
    BananaManzK3 wrote:
    I'm in auckland.
    PM'd

8. Post
    BananaManzK3 wrote:
    I'm in auckland.
    From their FAQ

Q: Where do your products come from and why are your prices cheaper than other local retail stores?

A: We mainly source our products from Europe, HongKong, Australia and other international markets, this is the reason why the prices can be competitive while the quality is guaranteed.

9. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    From their FAQ
    Ah right, cheers. I'll see what happens when they email me back.

10. Post
    BananaManzK3 wrote:

Advise Mobile Station, it sounds like you have a faulty unit. They should be happy to sort you out.

Their warranty policy: http://www.mobilestation.co.nz/index..._repair_guide/
    Their phone/email: 09 309 9044, service@mobilestation.co.nz

11. Post
    I have a Sony XZ phone with a cracked screen that has stopped picking up mobile coverage. I am assuming an aerial is damaged behind the screen.

Is there anyone recommended in Wellington for mobile phone repairs that can do Sony screens?

12. Post
    Phone is working fine now, my mate had a look at it and put it on fast charge and now it's working, what in the world is going on lmao.

Edit: Nvm it's still crashing.
    Last edited by BananaManzK3; 9th January 2018 at 7:01 pm.

13. Post
    Going from a One Plus One to a 5T. Brought from Ali to hopefully escape customs charges, wish me luck :-)

14. Post
    Is the S7 an "Old Phone" now? I've had Trials Frontier and DJI Go 4 apps not want to update due to my phone not being supported. Pretty sure it's on the latest firmware...

15. Post
    dude2099 wrote:
    Going from a One Plus One to a 5T. Brought from Ali to hopefully escape customs charges, wish me luck :-)
    Standard shipping or DHL? Would be interested to know if you get hit by customs. Planning to get one also from Ali. Which seller did you purchase your one from?

16. Post
    My 14 month old Nexus 6P has garbage battery life, ~3 hrs screen on, ~5 hrs total.

Gonna have to get the battery replaced sometime.

17. Post
    N04h wrote:
    My 14 month old Nexus 6P has garbage battery life, ~3 hrs screen on, ~5 hrs total.

Gonna have to get the battery replaced sometime.
    Have you been getting the early shut down bug (powers off between 10-40%)? If so you may be able to get it replaced under warranty

18. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Have you been getting the early shut down bug (powers off between 10-40%)? If so you may be able to get it replaced under warranty
    No just bad battery life.

When the battery goes 20% it can shut down any minute though.

19. Post
    N04h wrote:
    No just bad battery life.

When the battery goes 20% it can shut down any minute though.
    That's the early shutdown bug, I'd contact whoever you bought it from or Huawei. It shouldn't shut down until you hit 0% or thereabouts.

20. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    That's the early shutdown bug, I'd contact whoever you bought it from or Huawei. It shouldn't shut down until you hit 0% or thereabouts.
    I thought early shutdown was 30+

The appears to wear out very fast tho, it's ~72% health already on AccuBattery, when my OnePlus One is still 89%.

21. Post
    N04h wrote:
    I thought early shutdown was 30+

The appears to wear out very fast tho, it's ~72% health already on AccuBattery, when my OnePlus One is still 89%.
    It's also associated with poor battery life, but the symptoms are basically the phone goes pretty much straight to battery saving mode then shuts off (rather than going to battery saving mode and slowly draining over an hour or two).

22. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    It's also associated with poor battery life, but the symptoms are basically the phone goes pretty much straight to battery saving mode then shuts off (rather than going to battery saving mode and slowly draining over an hour or two).
    I got it from PBTech. Will go ask about it.

23. Post
    I've got a nexus 6p from PBtech. I don't think I've got the early shutdown bug but mind you I always charge it up when it hits 15 percent or 10 percent. The battery life is pretty shite tbh.. I'm thinking for my next phone It'd be an Oppo or an HTC phone.

24. Post
    Straight to zero from 20%

25. Post
    N04h wrote:
    Straight to zero from 20%
    Yeah I'd be RMAing that - will almost certainly get worse. Vodafone AU gave me a Mate 9 in exchange, which I guess is reasonable (gonna flog it on ebay as I've already replaced it with a Mi Mix 2).