Page 7 of 7 First ... 4567

1. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    How are the apps these days? I loved the WP interface, but the lack of apps really killed it for me. This was 3 or 4 yrs ago though.
    The App gap still exist but it has gotten alot better and continues to get better. You are starting to see more Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps which is helping. For most services and or tools there is an app. However there are some key apps missing on windows phone like clash of clans, snapchat etc that are still missing. If you can't live without a specific app, I would check to see if it is available on windows phone.

2. Post
    So I just pulled the trigger and am upgrading my 930 to a 950.

For those people who still have a 950 or 950 XL, what are some of the cool things you've found using the 950/Windows 10 especially now that its been out for around 6 months. Any things to watch out for or avoid?

3. Post
    Hey guys, I haven't got my 950 yet but realised that my 930 can now be upgraded to Windows 10. You have to download an app called Upgrade Advisor to do it but it worked flawlessly and Windows 10 is a revelation compared to Windows 8. Its amazing everything I asked for is here.

Get it now!

4. Post
    I'm still not happy with Windows 10 on my 550, still has bugs issues that were not present in Windows phone 8 with previous phones.

Often I lose mobile data connection, phone becomes unresponsive and requires re-start etc.

Also, I can't make calls over Bluetooth. Music plays over Bluetooth, but not voice.

And the xbox music app on Windows Phone 8 was much better the Groove music app.

5. Post
    Ok that's strange I haven't had any of those issues with my 930 and I use Spotify which has recently been updated to provide a much better UI experience and is a lot more stable.

6. Post
    Was thinking of dropping Windows Phone but after seeing what Windows 10 Mobile was like on my 635 I decided to get a 650. Pretty happy atm.

Sent from mTalk

7. Post
    Lumia 650 is the main phone we issue to staff where i work. Integrates really well with our existing systems, the MDM stuff is super-simple, and the phone has fantastic features for the price (not to mention it being a lot more robust than the 635 and 640). I often have staff ask me how much they are, and they're always surprised that they're only $350.

8. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    I often have staff ask me how much they are, and they're always surprised that they're only $350.
    That's part of the reason I got it, small price but it looks like it's worth more.

So they're $350 back in NZ? I bought mine for 200,000 KRW for a unit imported from Hong Kong which I thought was reasonable.

Sent from mTalk

9. Post
    Spacemonkeynzl wrote:
    Often I lose mobile data connection, phone becomes unresponsive and requires re-start etc.
    Run device recovery on your computer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...overy-tool-faq

10. Post
    Grabbed a 650 yesterday. Instagram is finally out of Beta cool.

Can't really complain about this phone for $200

11. Post
    Anyone have a cheap 520 or similar that will work on VF for sale cheap?
    My 520 has got a cracked screen, so unable to get passed the pin code screen.
    Looking on TradeMe for a cheap replacement at the moment as well in case.

12. Post
    IS windows phone dead? thought I read somewhere it is no longer supported?

13. Post
    jords wrote:
    IS windows phone dead? thought I read somewhere it is no longer supported?
    Sadly, pretty much is imo.
    7, 8, 8.1 no longer officially supported.

14. Post
    MS announced no more new features from now on...there's also many issues with existing apps that are not getting fixed. Even though I do like Windows Phones and have had 5 in a row the sad reality is that its time to switch to Android. My 1 year old 950 XL feels incredibly out of date due to these app and software issues (ironic given MS is a software company!)

15. Post
    I still got my nokia 1520...