General Tech Chit Chat

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.89 average.
(9 votes)
Results 5,026 to 5,050 of 5123

1. Post
    I kind of like the look of the cheese grater lol. My first thought was what a nightmare it must be to keep clean though

2. Post
    1.5tb ram is ridiculous. Not sure who that is aiming at really. People that legit need that type of ram aren't using workstation computers, they're using clusters and supercomputers.

Weird device.

And yet I kinda want it.
    https://www.apple.com/mac-pro/specs/

3. Post
    Yeah weird.. it's like a render farm platform.. but would cost a shit ton more than a traditional pc.

4. Post
    It's definitely no targeted at your home buyers that's for sure.

5. Post
    https://nasilemaktech.com/apple-999-...&ICID=ref_fark

Then comes the censorship part. Apple is censoring YouTube videos that showed off the clip of the keynote where they reveal the ridiculous price of the stand and the crowd laughed at them. Mashable embedded a YouTube video of that clip and that video and Apple literally blocked it!
    Your link is now goneburgers. I've already checked it.

Apple at its finest.

6. Post
    Can I just buy the stand and use it with my own monitor and PC?

7. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    Can I just buy the stand and use it with my own monitor and PC?
    Funnily enough, no.

At $1500, though, you'd probably want to put it in a display case and admire it in the lounge. You risk damaging it if you use it.

8. Post
    I feel like a third party bracket will emerge, converting it to standard vesa mounts. And people will buy it for some unholy reason.

9. Post
    I mean, it is a nice stand.

10. Post
    I like the fact Apple are actively copyright striking all of the footage. I thought all publicity was good publicity?

11. Post
    pyronical wrote:
    I feel like a third party bracket will emerge, converting it to standard vesa mounts. And people will buy it for some unholy reason.
    I fully haven't looking into it, but isnt that the other mount they also have for sale? so you can use existing vesa mounts.

Kind funny how Apple are part of the vesa group, yet they decide to design a monitor that doesnt utilise that standard, thus requiring another purchase. spin that money, baby!

12. Post
    Weegee wrote:
    I fully haven't looking into it, but isnt that the other mount they also have for sale? so you can use existing vesa mounts.
    I think thats to allow you to use your own vesa mounts with the monitor, not the reverse.

13. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I like the fact Apple are actively copyright striking all of the footage. I thought all publicity was good publicity?
    Maybe they're trying to invoke the Streisand effect.

14. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    https://nasilemaktech.com/apple-999-...&ICID=ref_fark

Your link is now goneburgers. I've already checked it.

Apple at its finest.
    hmm its back it seems

15. Post
    Started using Brave browser a few days ago as a way to force me into updating passwords with secure new ones (not having passwords synced with the Google).

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 5.15.06 PM.png
Views: 195
Size:  63.5 KB

It's actually not bad. Being built on-top of Chromium it's pretty much Chrome, so all the usual suspects of add-ons work but has all the ad/track blocking stuff built into it.

16. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Started using Brave browser a few days ago as a way to force me into updating passwords with secure new ones (not having passwords synced with the Google).

Name:  Screen Shot 2019-06-09 at 5.15.06 PM.png
Views: 195
Size:  63.5 KB

It's actually not bad. Being built on-top of Chromium it's pretty much Chrome, so all the usual suspects of add-ons work but has all the ad/track blocking stuff built into it.
    I've been wondering about brave actually, what are your thoughts so far? I've been replacing all of my PW's and using Bitwarden since they've published their security audits etc.

17. Post
    It's all good. A couple of sites don't function properly with the shield mode enabled but one click to turn if off and it's all good.

We use bitwarden at work but I prefer LastPass for personal stuff.

18. Post
    I switched to brave a couple months back. No complaints. It's nice on mobile, what with the built in ad blocker.

19. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    I switched to brave a couple months back. No complaints. It's nice on mobile, what with the built in ad blocker.
    This.

20. Post
    tried to use it, but the shield icon annoys me as you can't hide or remove it, as i guess thats brave's whole thing.. but I'd rather use ublock for adblocking

at least you can get rid of the brave rewards one now
    Last edited by defiant; 10th June 2019 at 11:53 am.

21. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Saw the $1000 stand. Apple has officially lost its mind. Steve Jobs would be disgusted.
    I guess my iPhone XSMax is my last iPhone. You are right Apple have lost it.

There are so many phones that are close or better than iPhone performance these days anyway.

22. Post
    defiant wrote:
    tried to use it, but the shield icon annoys me as you can't hide or remove it, as i guess thats brave's whole thing.. but I'd rather use ublock for adblocking

at least you can get rid of the brave rewards one now
    Don't even know how you notice it, just looks like another extension. Back to chrome then? lul

23. Post
    dickytim wrote:

There are so many phones that are close or better than iPhone performance these days anyway.
    Yep but that walled garden of iMessage, FaceTime, Airdrop and Airplay is hard to break out of.

24. Post
    Perhaps if you don't want out of the walled garden. Otherwise it's not hard at all. Something like Facebook has messenger / video chat, which isn't device restricted.

25. Post
    <N> wrote:
    Don't even know how you notice it, just looks like another extension. Back to chrome then? lul
    dunno, i just prefer it being clutter free

indeed, i'm just waiting for firefox to squash that battery draining bug on MacBook Pro's running the full scaled resolution.. then I'll probably switch back to firefox, especially with the way google are going with chrome - deprecating the API that adblockers currently use for one that's shit