General Tech Chit Chat

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.89 average.
(9 votes)
Results 5,151 to 5,175 of 5176

1. Post
    KiwiTT wrote:
    Hey what - "let's be honest, no-one's interested in Android tablets anymore."

https://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/1...-galaxy-note10

Never bought into the Tablet market. Just could not see the use, with a large phone and decent home computer.
    Problem with opinion pieces is that they’re usually full of shite.

I stopped reading after

“Both devices feature a top-of-the-range Snapdragon 855 processor, which will ensure premium performance. This, incidentally, is exactly the sort of key spec Donald Trump has banned from being sold to Huawei in future.”

2. Post

General Tech Chit Chat

It's only an opinion piece, ya'll can stop reacting like it's a proper review.

3. Post
    GenericUSERNAME wrote:
    “Both devices feature a top-of-the-range Snapdragon 855 processor, which will ensure premium performance. This, incidentally, is exactly the sort of key spec Donald Trump has banned from being sold to Huawei in future.”
    LOL what morons. Huawei are still getting the CPUs, they manufacturers just removed the made in USA stamp to bypass the ban.

4. Post
    M***** f****** c**** at sky f****** brought Rugbypass.... w******!

5. Post
    Probably more [networking forums] but it's cool seeing new security features for DNS being implemented.

https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/

If your upstream DNS supports DNSSEC, that test will pass. Currently only Firefox supports Encrypted SNI.

6. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    Probably more [networking forums] but it's cool seeing new security features for DNS being implemented.

https://www.cloudflare.com/ssl/encrypted-sni/

If your upstream DNS supports DNSSEC, that test will pass. Currently only Firefox supports Encrypted SNI.

Very cool? Many of them introduce more issues than they fix. Remember these are all tools the bad guys use. In a business environment it's very important that we can some of this traffic to mitigate the unfathomable realms of stupidity users introduce.

7. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Very cool? Many of them introduce more issues than they fix. Remember these are all tools the bad guys use. In a business environment it's very important that we can some of this traffic to mitigate the unfathomable realms of stupidity users introduce.
    Anything that makes your job harder

8. Post
    Lethargic wrote:
    Anything that makes your job harder
    It just makes me more money sweetie . Just when us security guys are getting on top of things some ivory tower tard jumps in with a new standard tool for the bad guys.

9. Post
    Lol "getting on top of things" - if you think that you've already lost.

Also it's not like these are anything ground breaking. It's TLS, same methods for MitM have existed for yonks - you'll just need more compute grunt as more traffic is encrypted. As for DNSSEC, it's been 15 years and still hardly anyone is using it

10. Post
    Yeah true about DNSSEC. I'm not doing the SNI/Cert inspection, straight MiTM all the way for me. Some vendors rely heavily on SNI for web site categorization. The only vendor claiming SSL decrypt on 1.3 I've seen is Forti, but then users are saying it's not really working - the others all seem to be doing deprecation (forcing browsers down to 1.2, if I do a test at home I get no TLS 1.3/SNI capability from testing sites on the latest chrome).

11. Post
    SNI inspection etc was always extremely weaksauce - kinda glad it's not going to be feasible in the future, make the vendors try a bit harder.

re: issues with TLS1.3 (for anyone watching at home, basically the MiTM device now need to work a lot harder and track/decrypt multiple keys per connection) - atm the only solution does seem to be to downgrade the protocol, especially if you need to decrypt at high volumes (10Gbps+).

12. Post
    So ESNI attempts to (somewhat) negate the effect of TLS 1.3 since it's degraded to 1.2 for whatever reason? I understand they technically do two different things but ESNI isn't exploitable by MiTM, is it?

13. Post
    my understanding is that ESNI is a 1.3 only feature, and is not available if the endpoint is still using or is downgraded to 1.2.

everything is exploitable by MiTM (if you have the correct CA cert installed) - ESNI protects you if people are just snooping your traffic (not actively MiTM-ing)

14. Post
    I got confused then - I thought 1.3 pretty much prevented MiTM. I've always hated the SNI method of website classification.

15. Post
    it just kills the 'passive' style of MiTM (where in the past you could just capture data then decrypt at leisure if you had the private key) due to the mandatory use of perfect forward secrecy ciphers

16. Post
    Can anyone suggest me a Mechanical keyboard to play games? I am confused about which keyboard to buy my budget for the laptop is 2000 Indian Rupees

17. Post
    geekguy234 wrote:
    Can anyone suggest me a Mechanical keyboard to play games? I am confused about which keyboard to buy my budget for the laptop is 2000 Indian Rupees
    Well my foreign friend I think if you're only spending $43 NZD on a laptop you have more to worry about than which mechanical keyboard to buy.

18. Post
    Advice with dealing with PB please. Brought everything for a new build last month, and the CPU and GPU are both eligible for the amd Xbox game pass promo. AMD say the vendor provides a promo code but when I ask PB for it they say they donít. Any ideas how I get them to cough up?

19. Post
    Usually these type of digital promos are redeemed by entering a serial number and invoice number on some website which then generates the voucher codes. Have you checked the amd promo website to see what details are required?

20. Post
    Puk wrote:
    Advice with dealing with PB please. Brought everything for a new build last month, and the CPU and GPU are both eligible for the amd Xbox game pass promo. AMD say the vendor provides a promo code but when I ask PB for it they say they don’t. Any ideas how I get them to cough up?
    Lol you actually made me look into it so i sent my request through via https://www.pbtech.co.nz/promotions/...ame-pass-bonus

Got an email 30 minutes later with the code

21. Post
    ajaxx wrote:
    Lol you actually made me look into it so i sent my request through via https://www.pbtech.co.nz/promotions/...ame-pass-bonus

Nice thx. Bit of a google fail me for as never found that. Iíd been emailing there support people with no joy so will try that tonight. Thx!

22. Post
    ajaxx wrote:

Now the question is, how does the code stack fi youa re already paying for game pass

23. Post
    If I purchased a monitor with 3 year warranty from pbtech, and then resell to someone via trademe, how do they get coverage for remainder of warranty period?

24. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    If I purchased a monitor with 3 year warranty from pbtech, and then resell to someone via trademe, how do they get coverage for remainder of warranty period?
    Give them the receipt

25. Post
    ludez wrote:
    Give them the receipt
    oh