Thread Rating: 9 votes, 3.89 average.
(9 votes)
Results 4,801 to 4,825 of 5162

1. Post
    where did that come from

2. Post
    Kog wrote:
    where did that come from
    From China, maybe directly importing as this brand shows up out of nowhere.

http://titanarmy.cn/index.php?ac=art...t=list&tid=129

3. Post
    checkout this geekzone thread on a home networking install..

https://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.as...topicid=245055

Hope they didn't have to pay by the hour for this job,

4. Post
    Pretty impressive haha.

5. Post
    Is it worth upgrading my case from 2008 to a newer better airflow one and transferring all my components to it, from power supply, motherboard and disk drives?

I want to improve my air cooling to extent the longevity of my components

6. Post
    Depends what you have now and how it is configured. I went from random cheapo to a Fractal Define Mini C, cooling is better and it's quieter, win win. Looks a lot better too, which counts for something.

7. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Looks a lot better too, which counts for something.
    It pulls chicks right?

8. Post
    It might pull some, mine never seems impressed at my sleek case

9. Post
    There is nothing particularly sleek about my monolithic all aluminium HTPX Lian Li beast. It does however have excellent cooling and is easy to work on, which is why I had no qualms upgrading from the mid-tower version of it when I saw it on clearance under cost.

10. Post
    Looks like the World Trade Center towers from the front.

11. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Cannot Unsee..

12. Post
    HELL KNIGHT wrote:
    There is nothing particularly sleek about my monolithic all aluminium HTPX Lian Li beast. It does however have excellent cooling and is easy to work on, which is why I had no qualms upgrading from the mid-tower version of it when I saw it on clearance under cost.
    Giz. Pls.

13. Post
    |icED-e@RtH| wrote:
    Hah, no steel beams to melt here though...
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Giz. Pls.
    That beast retailed for ~$800, I felt like I practically stole it at $170. I have the older non-USB3.0 smaller version of it sitting spare currently.

Here they are side by side for size comparison:

The smaller one has 3x 120mm fans in the door, the bigger one has 3x 140mm. They are both pretty good vacuum cleaners. Thankfully they had the sense to include a slide out filter inside the door cavity. The big one also has 2x 140mm fans to exhaust out of the top hump.

14. Post
    "Hey apple, you have a major security flaw that lets people eavesdrop on other phones..."

Apple:
    “It’s best not to rush,” Moussouris said. “You have to do in-depth investigations or else you can have unintended consequences. You don’t want people issuing patches that no one trusts or that break other things.”
    Yeah a 14 year old kid just showed you something easily replicated and you stick your finger up your backside for a couple of weeks.

LOL.

15. Post
    Par for the course with them - sheeple will still buy their crap though.

16. Post
    they've disabled the buggy functionality, what's the rush?

17. Post
    had some issuses with certs a few days ago on macos
    turns out apple hadn't patched a bug with their keychain access (the cert manager) since '09

it's like windows pushes patches all the time without quality control (and half the time you have no idea what's in them), and apple push good functional updates and leave secuirty up to yourself. kinda like unix really

18. Post
    sorceror wrote:
    they've disabled the buggy functionality, what's the rush?
    They took quite a while to disable the functionality. It's certainly raised some eyebrows in the security community (esp gubbermint).

19. Post
    firefox experiment; unsure of the encryption, albiet it is auditable on github
    it uses RSA128 with TLS 1.2 but i don't think the file itself is actually encrypted

20. Post
    Does it matter if the site hasn't supplied an image for their product?
    https://www.kiwigamer.co.nz/product/...-yield-yellow/

Want this
    https://classic.pricespy.co.nz/product.php?p=3479741

Oh well too late placed order.
    Last edited by Anroid; 10th February 2019 at 7:00 pm.

21. Post
    WTF is with the people these days coming to your house and expecting your wifi password AND then expecting unlimited bandwidth?

I run an (open) guest WLAN with a maximum of 16 devices, and a 20Mbps total pipe with up to 2Mbps per device on a timer. Also locked down to DNS/HTTP/HTTPS only (with a connection limit), with the usual web and app filtering. We had a party over the weekend and I got a bit surprised about the number of people having a whinge about the speed of the free wifi (speedtest always flatlines at no less than 2Mbps up/down).

Also thinking about blocking facebook due to the odd idiot who spends the entire time livestreaming the party.

22. Post
    lol at having your own public wifi
    Let the dole bludgers pay for their own data

23. Post
    I've never had anyone ask for the wifi access. Do you host events or something? If someone wants to be antisocial on their phone, they can do it on their own dime.

24. Post
    Nope. but wifes friends are always asking for it.

25. Post
    well, that is just humans in general tbh, once they get used to something for free , they expect all the time.