Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    ALMOST looks as good as BF3 ...

3. Post
    I'm keen to see if they can revive the series and bring back a compelling single player and a good multiplayer.

4. Post
    Compelling SP is right there. Treyarch iteratively working on their formula finally paid big time with Black Ops 2. I.e. finally doing away bullshit game design decisions which had always plagued the CoD series, even sacred cow CoD4. Blops 2 was the first CoD since MW2 which didn't have respawning enemies (and the second one to date). It was also the triumphant return of non-linear level design since the post-MW2 IW staff exodus.

5. Post
    As for the tech. HOLY SHIT, CURVES UP CLOSE. Let's just travel back to 2009/2010 when DX11 tessellation was a big deal.

6. Post
    Compelling SP? good one eva, you've had too much to drink again and it's not even saturday morning

7. Post
    I've actually Blops 2's SP fairly extensively, have you?

8. Post
    Mhm let's see..

Oh shit! well, you've got me there eva. I could only last 1.8hrs into that yawnfest - so I must yield

9. Post
    OMG, ALMOST TWO WHOLE HOURS.

10. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    As for the tech. HOLY SHIT, CURVES UP CLOSE. Let's just travel back to 2009/2010 when DX11 tessellation was a big deal.
    I like the way they call it 'Sub-D' like it's something new they just invented.

11. Post
    Eagle32 wrote:
    I like the way they call it 'Sub-D' like it's something new they just invented.
    They like to make the general gamer/consumer think they're cool with their 'Sub-D' when for someone that does 3D Modeling know's that 'Sub-D' is a global term for 'Sub-Division'. The term means to divide the polygons into more, smaller polygons to provide more geometrical detail. They've just used the globally used term as their own 'thing', tsch.

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Compelling SP? good one eva, you've had too much to drink again and it's not even saturday morning
    i agree. CoD campaigns are boring as ****

13. Post
    Blood Dragon wrote:
    i agree. CoD campaigns are boring as ****
    I actually enjoy CoDs Michael Bay style single player campaigns. I wouldn't buy the game at full price but I always enjoy renting it or purchasing when it becomes dirt cheap.

14. Post
    I bet the dog dies and that's the campaigns 'emotional' moment.

15. Post
    i bet the bad guy is a russian who wants to take over the world

16. Post
    The plot of the game sounds like Red Dawn (except with a bunch of elite spec ops soldiers, rather than civvies), so it will end up being "Homefront: Much Better Game" by default.

17. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Blood Dragon wrote:
    i bet the bad guy is a russian who wants to take over the world
    You're both wrong, I bet the dog IS the bad guy.

18. Post
    "There are no drone strikes to call down, no heat signatures to scan" so.... like Call of Duty 1, 2, 3, and world at war.
    These earthquakes sound familiar too...
    Once again, sounds like CoD is all "new" tech that other people have done or are doing.
    But we can only wait to see if it is actually new stuff, or just PR hype designed to get sales and paying off reviewers to give it a good score *cough* ign *cough*

19. Post
    sirk wrote:
    Hahaha holy shit that is genius

20. Post
    Everything "new" I saw had been done before.
    Also Blops2's SP sucked, it was the least enjoyable FPS SP I have ever had the displeasure to play, Zero connection to any character. I went back and played BF3's and it felt refreshing in comparison, everything felt smooth rather than feeling rushed and tacked on.

21. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    sirk wrote:

This is what keeps me coming back.

22. Post
    damn still no news on "next-gen consoles" i really wish to see some hat eating by egor

23. Post
    Most baws looking dog in ages.

24. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    damn still no news on "next-gen consoles" i really wish to see some hat eating by egor
    Dude, I think the news of 'next-gen consoles' is PS4 and Xbox One. Surely you must be seeing this now, surely?

25. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    Dude, I think the news of 'next-gen consoles' is PS4 and Xbox One. Surely you must be seeing this now, surely?
    activision's official statement about ghosts on wii-u

"We donít have any news for the Wii U at this time, as we arenít dating next generation platforms yet. Stay tuned."
    key words in the last sentence state that activision class the wii-u as 'next-gen'. Alot of people may not class wii-u as gen 8 but officially it is alongside the vita, and 3ds
    added to that this is activision not EA, they arent throwing a tantrum at nintendo and they have a history of wanting a piece of every pie