Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    Yep. The thing is, they aren't even mine. I'm selling them for a friend of mine who's leaving New Zealand. I promised him I'll get him at least $300. Now I'm looking really really bad :mad:

2. Post
    I'd be taking you straight to the Disputes Tribunal, I'll win too.

3. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    Long story short, a $1 reserve of mine went way below expectation (as well as what it is worth). How can I pull off without looking like a total jerk.
    I know it's a cheap thing to ask but, here we go.
    inb4 10 pages of cruel jokes.
    Say you lost it, or say it got stolen, ...or lost, then stolen. This will make you a liar though:

4. Post
    DONNsuil wrote:
    Say you lost it, or say it got stolen, ...or lost, then stolen. This will make you a liar though
    Nah, I think I will just send him anyway, any pay my friend for his loss.

5. Post
    One recently went for $350, $100 difference, do you even know if you could get $350 again? might have only gotten $300, not worth the hassle IMO, tell your friend they only sold for $255 and they can deal with it

6. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    Nah, I think I will just send him anyway, any pay my friend for his loss.
    Don't pay your friend the difference out of your own pocket. Pass on what you got, less the TM fee's. He clearly asked for you to auction them, and they sold for less than expected, His problem - not yours.

7. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    Yep. The thing is, they aren't even mine. I'm selling them for a friend of mine who's leaving New Zealand. I promised him I'll get him at least $300. Now I'm looking really really bad :mad:
    Did you tell him you were a real boss at using trademe?

8. Post
    email them a picture of your penis. that should sweeten the deal

9. Post
    You're a bitch for considering dirty tactics, you're more of a bitch for paying for your friends loss.
    Protip: Don't $1 reserve if you have a set minimum you want for the item.

Failtrade.

10. Post
    Subway wrote:
    One recently went for $350, $100 difference, do you even know if you could get $350 again? might have only gotten $300, not worth the hassle IMO, tell your friend they only sold for $255 and they can deal with it
    Avoiding a trademe deal is one thing, breaking promise with a friend is a whole new level of ****ed-up.

11. Post
    M0F0 wrote:
    You're a bitch for considering dirty tactics, you're more of a bitch for paying for your friends loss.
    Protip: Don't $1 reserve if you have a set minimum you want for the item.

Failtrade.
    lol I wasn't asking for dirty tactics, I was expecting more out of GP. Real helpful

12. Post
    Sorry we couldn't help you back out of a deal because you're to shit to tardeme. Oh wait lulz we don't care because it's your fault.

Hope this doesn't help.

13. Post
    shift to wheedle.

14. Post
    M0F0 wrote:
    Sorry we couldn't help you back out of a deal because you're to shit to tardeme. Oh wait lulz we don't care because it's your fault.

Hope this doesn't help.
    This. WTF did you expect? everyone to jump on board and be sympathetic to you being a prick and clearly abusing what trademe is all about to suit yourself and your high hopes of pulling in phat stacks? **** off

15. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    I could've just said it's broken or stolen if I wanna play dirty. That's not what I asked for.
    syryanyang wrote:
    lol I wasn't asking for dirty tactics, I was expecting more out of GP. Real helpful
    It's exactly what you asked for though: A dirty way to weasel out of a TradeMe auction for no legitimate reason other than you wanted more money.

16. Post
    Greek wrote:
    It's exactly what you asked for though: A dirty way to weasel out of a TradeMe auction for no legitimate reason other than you wanted more money.
    You're absolutely right when you put it that way. But I was thinking if I can ask the bidder to do me a favor sort of thing. I came here to see if anyone has done this before.
    Thank you guys for your all your replies. I will fulfill the deal and apologize to my friend.
    End of the story.

17. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    I was expecting more out of GP. Real helpful

18. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    Avoiding a trademe deal is one thing, breaking promise with a friend is a whole new level of ****ed-up.
    Then you've learnt a valuable lesson. If you guarantee a price for an item, set that as the reserve, not $1

19. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    But I was thinking if I can ask the bidder to do me a favor sort of thing.
    WTF!

20. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    WTF!
    I know, it's too stupid even to ask. That's why I came here.

21. Post
    "Yeah Hi, you won my auction for a fair and reasonable price for some rubbish teeny-bopper headphones that I felt like a complete tool using, I was wonder if you could give me more money than the auction was worth, you know, as a favor"

22. Post
    email them a picture of your balls on the headphones

23. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    email them a picture of your balls on the headphones
    You should do this, but AFTER you have sent the headphones.
    That way you don't look like a cock for backing out, but they have your balls on there face (In a way)

24. Post
    Greek wrote:
    Don't be a dickhead.

25. Post
    Oh BTW postage is going to be $100. NO PICKUPS!

Page 2 of 7 First 12345 ... Last