1. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    Long story short, a $1 reserve of mine went way below expectation (as well as what it is worth). How can I pull off without looking like a total jerk.
    I know it's a cheap thing to ask but, here we go.
    inb4 10 pages of cruel jokes.
    Testicles - go buy some.

2. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    email them a picture of your balls on the headphones
    I approve

3. Post
    This is on a par with the douchebags who will buy something for $100 then email you and say "I didn't want to spend that much - will you take $75?"

4. Post
    holy shit people do that?

5. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    This.
    I would be mega pissed if someone tried that shit
    I don't buy much off Trade Me, usually just selling ;D

6. Post
    just take their money and don't send the item. easy

7. Post
    M0F0 wrote:
    This.
    I would be mega pissed if someone tried that shit
    I don't buy much off Trade Me, usually just selling ;D
    i do both (461trades, majority selling) and ive not seen that before, holy shit i'd be mad

8. Post
    Trademe is full of cocks.

I won a HSV Clubsport off a guy some time ago. He wasn't happy at the price of the $1 reserve auction and asked if would pay more as he didn't want to go through with it at the winning bid. After a chat he finnaly accepted the deal.

When I went to pick the car up the gearbox was poo'd. He had misreprisented the vehicle and there was no way I was going to buy it. Shame as it was what I was after and the rest of the vehicle was well above my expectations.

Seeing as he wasn't keen to begin with I assumed he wouldn't mind not going through with the deal. So I explained he had not been honest, but if I offered him $100 to cover his listing fees (and he could claim them back from TM as well) would he be happy. He was happy and agreed, I assumed that was it.

****er gave me a red face a month later

My own fault for not going and checking the car out, and trusting someone I knew in the car industry.

9. Post
    St4lk3r wrote:
    Happened about 3 times for me.

I don't piss around. Just give them bad feedback, blacklist them, get the success fees back and relist the item.
    It's annoying that you don't get the option to offer it to other bidders though.

10. Post
    A++ thread. Would read again

11. Post
    Riftcreator wrote:
    My own fault for not going and checking the car out, and trusting someone I knew in the car industry.
    Regardless as to whether or not you checked the vehicle, if he implied that the vehicle was in working order then he has been dishonest and you have every right not to buy it (even if it said something like "vehicle for sale as is, pre-inspection a must"). You were a GC to pay him listing fees, but still you didn't even have to do that.

12. Post
    He didn't imply, he was 100% that the vehicle had no issues, had a 54min phone chat with him as the auction was finishing.

I know I didn't have to offer him anything, but I have always been fair thoughout life, and it's served me well.

13. Post
    Riftcreator wrote:
    He didn't imply, he was 100% that the vehicle had no issues, had a 54min phone chat with him as the auction was finishing.

I know I didn't have to offer him anything, but I have always been fair thoughout life, and it's served me well.
    It's pretty unfair that I don't have $100 right now. Can you hook me up?

14. Post
    Riftcreator wrote:

Not sure how people can fail to mention these things, especially something as obvious as a gearbox. I got ripped off with my car, paid a fairly primo price as the whole thing looked flawless. Little did I know it was burning oil which showed on the back bumper after a few days of use. God damn it! He must have changed the oil and cleaned it just before I came to view. Cheeky f**k. You live and you learn.

15. Post
    Don't list something for $1 if you're not prepared to let it sell for $1.
    Don't shill bid to push the prices up either... Especially if you're a company.

Morrison car company was convicted of it:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/the-press/new...push-up-prices
    And Auto Co Ltd:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/mone...er-100-victims

If someone makes a misrepresentation that something is 100% by all means purchase it, then go to the disputes tribunal and get the cost back from the seller of whatever the cost of repairing that something to 100%. If they make representations - their problem.

Another easy thing to do to avoid hassles on every auction you list...

"Conditions of sale:
    Payment must be made within 3 days (unless agreed prior to the close of the auction) or I reserve the right to re-sell.
    I am no expert regarding the condition of the goods, buyer to inspect before close of auction."

16. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    This is on a par with the douchebags who will buy something for $100 then email you and say "I didn't want to spend that much - will you take $75?"

I hate this. I remember when we sold our pool table a few years ago, the description and photos were clear, this lady comes and starts bitching about how she'd only take it if we cut the price in half (almost 200 less I think). She seemed quite offended when she was told to gtfo and not to buy shit that she can't afford. Stupid bitch.

17. Exclamation
    WTF?

Seriously this is why i don't like to use trade me, I've got 100% good feedback but stories like these really worry me.

18. Post
    If you needed $300, you should have set the reserve to $300. That what reserve is for

19. Post
    Magic Robertson wrote:
    WTF?

Seriously this is why i don't like to use trade me, I've got 100% good feedback but stories like these really worry me.
    100% Good Feedback master race reporting in.

GaR wrote:
    If you needed $300, you should have set the reserve to $300. That what reserve is for
    Best thing OP can do is read this, over and over and over and over.

20. Post
    syryanyang wrote:
    I was expecting more out of GP. Real helpful
    as soon as I read the thread title I expected gp would rip into you. expectations fulfilled

21. Post
    Meh if someone had bought it for $300 and backed out of the purchase I'm sure the OP would be posting about that too...

22. Post
    $255 for beats headphones is a fair and reasonable offer in my humble opinion, $45 off of what you were expecting ain't that bad (why anyone pays that kinda of $ for beats is another matter but anyway)

The market (or trademe denizens at least) determined the value at that particular time - might not gel with what you think they are worth but that's how it goes, setting a reserve is pretty basic.

23. Post
    something something ChineseKiwi

24. Post
    Wait.. so.. OP wanted to sell something for $300. Puts it on Trademe for $1. Upset when it sells for $255.

Am I missing something?

25. Post
    bvg wrote:
    Am I missing something?
    Yeah, OP is a dickhead.