Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Who's getting up at 4.30 for the Xbox

3. Post
    Hells yes I am

4. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    Who's getting up at 4.30 for the Xbox

5. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:

6. Post
    I cant be the only one that thinks mobile gaming is bullshit. Its not even gaming. It should be called something else.

Yeah its popular, yeah its making a lot of money, no, it still isnt gaming. Gaming means immersing yourself in whatever on at least a 15" screen.

Angry birds on iphone is not gaming. Why do so many people give so many shits? 'mobile gaming' is atrociously horrible. Its watching dark knight rises bluray on your glorious 60" vs. streaming an episode of big bag theory while riding the bus on your crappy little smartphone. Not the same.

7. Post
    What. wrote:
    I cant be the only one that thinks mobile gaming is bullshit.
    Nope, I'm with you 100%

8. Post

9. Post
    What. wrote:
    I cant be the only one that thinks mobile gaming is bullshit. Its not even gaming. It should be called something else.

Yeah its popular, yeah its making a lot of money, no, it still isnt gaming. Gaming means immersing yourself in whatever on at least a 15" screen.

Angry birds on iphone is not gaming. Why do so many people give so many shits? 'mobile gaming' is atrociously horrible. Its watching dark knight rises bluray on your glorious 60" vs. streaming an episode of big bag theory while riding the bus on your crappy little smartphone. Not the same.
    I agree completely.

It's a bit sad that so much developer talent has gone into mobile gaming. I'd rather see those developers making awesome PC games.

However as a developer, you have to go where the money is.

10. Post
    What. wrote:
    I cant be the only one that thinks mobile gaming is bullshit.
    Pulling this out of my arse but I can imagine there being more smartphone owners than console owners.

Would that be too much of a guess?
    Each of those phones can play games, so each smartphone user becomes a potential customer. Whereas consoles would generally require people to be interested in games in the first place. Plus the pricetag is for something that can only play games.

11. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    Pulling this out of my arse but I can imagine there being more smartphone owners than console owners.

Would that be too much of a guess?
    Each of those phones can play games, so each smartphone user becomes a potential customer. Whereas consoles would generally require people to be interested in games in the first place. Plus the pricetag is for something that can only play games.
    But not all smartphone users play 'games' on it.

12. Post
    What. wrote:
    Since when?

Just because you don't like mobile gaming does make it not gaming. Gaming changes and grows over time, reinventing itself every couple of generations. Embrace it.

13. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    Since when?
    The 70s.

14. Post
    I can play Tetris on my phone, guess that's not a game anymore.

15. Post
    I can really see people rocking up to LAN's with S4's and Tablets..lol

16. Post
    Someone should sue nintendo for misleading people for decades about the Gameboy, DS and 3DS. They clearly state they're used for playing games but apparently thats bullshit.

17. Post
    bang ya dead wrote:
    Someone should sue nintendo for misleading people for decades about the Gameboy, DS and 3DS. They clearly state they're used for playing games but apparently thats bullshit.
    Different, they are dedicated gaming devices.

18. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    But not all smartphone users play 'games' on it.
    This. I have an S3 and have no games installed on it.

19. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Different, they are dedicated gaming devices.
    Unfortunately they don't have 15in screens so they can't be

20. Post
    exis wrote:
    Unfortunately they don't have 15in screens so they can't be
    we have the technology

21. Post
    Android devices are getting quite powerful, they can already emulate PSP and such.

Heres my LG phone running Ridge Racer 2 on it's 1080p display.

22. Post
    What. wrote:

I agree completely. I don't know how people do it

23. Post
    There are some pretty amusing mobile games, good for plane/train/killing time/taking a shit.

24. Post
    Hopefully some of the sites (ie gametrailers, ign) will upload the full shows, given the lackluster Microsoft xbox reveal was I'm not expecting much more info this time around other than a confirmed date and US price.

25. Post
    Microsoft have always tended to underwhelm at E3 (more so than Sony, not so much Nintendo) and it's pretty apparent the direction they're going with the device after the event the other day, so yea I think you're right a few game announcements, price and date should realistically be all we get.