Battlefield 4 ....

Thread Rating: 4 votes, 4.75 average.
(4 votes)

1. Post
    looks pretty good.
    hopefully it wont have major issues when released like BF3

2. Post
    Does anyone know if my specs will be able to handle it? I've been out the game a while and can't translate over the specs from my 3-4 year old pc. I'm reading that the recommended reqs are:

Quad core CPU (Intel Core i5 or i7) at 3 Ghz
    4 GB memory (8 GB for 64-bit operating systems)
    A modern DX11 graphics card with 1 GB of video memory, GeForce 600 series or Radeon 7000 series

and i'm rolling:

Intel Core i7 860 Lynnfield 2.80Ghz 8MB LGA1156
    ASUS P7P55D Pro P55 DDR3 PCI-E LGA1156
    Patriot Sector 5 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3-1600 Cl9 G Series
    Sapphire ATI Radeon HD5850 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E

Aside from the DDR3 which i'll double, should this be alright to run it at high enough fps to still look as good as intended?

3. Post
    If you decide to upgrade let me know man, Ill grab that mobo off you!

4. Post
    Should run bf4. You might have to run at a lower reso to get the most hz out of your screen. Currently i get 75 hz on like 1024 or something not too sure. The game should be optimised better than bf3 i think.

5. Post
    Need to upgrade my i5 and gtx285 haha

6. Post
    Every battlefield has issues at release.

7. Post
    Levolution is a concept rather than a feature, I would say, where we want the players to drive the change in how the environment looks and works, and also having different dynamic elements,” says Bach. “If you’re sneaking up on me and you bump into a parked car, the alarm will go off. If you go through metal detectors or security systems in a shop, the alarm will go off. We have sprinkler systems that will start if there’s a fire. You can shoot fire extinguishers, and they’ll explode to create a cloud you can hide in. You can shoot down supporting pillars. You can take down a whole skyscraper in the Siege of Shanghai map.”

Quote from the latest GP article on BF4. Sounds really interesting and could be quite tactical for infantry combat. Levolution has to be the worst name ever though

8. Post
    MeatshieldNZ wrote:
    Levolution has to be the worst name ever though
    Yeah. When I heard it I was thinking "Oh, must be a new levelling up system or something". lolnope

9. Post
    makes sense to me. the level evolves. levolution.

then again, half the shit i say is portmanteau

10. Post
    Except they're usually called maps... Mapolution?

11. Post
    I hate you people for wanting this rinse and repeat, squint and its any other game, washed-out grey/brown, DLC before day 1, broken until months after launch, shooter shit from everyone's favourite evil empire.

12. Post
    i hate you for being a bitch

13. Post
    Cod fanboy?

14. Post
    get a life battlefield owns bitch

15. Post
    Averno is a WoW player, she even has a costume and likes to wear it while playing.

16. Post
    you guys find any cheap preorders?

17. Post
    I thought it was cheap via Origin already? Aint it only $99.99, or less?

18. Post
    best be sarcasm

19. Post
    Battlefield 4 Game + Premium Expansion Pack DLC (Code by Email) PC
    $66

http://www.nzgameshop.com/pc-games/b...de-by-email-pc

Riftcreator wrote:
    Averno is a WoW player, she even has a costume and likes to wear it while playing.
    Has also obviously never seen bf3 either.

washed-out grey/brown..what a fool

it's clearly washed out blue

20. Post
    amazon cheaper atm
    http://www.amazon.com/Electronic-Art...=battlefield+4

or is that in NZD?

edit: just read that it is...sweet

21. Post
    ^ That is a good deal for a download version

Kog wrote:
    best be sarcasm
    Nope, just didn't think it was expensive on Origin :\ Seems I was wrong

I'll be buying a hard copy anyway, whatever the price.

22. Post
    You need to use a US address to order digital downloads from amazon, I have no idea if they run any checks before processing

23. Post
    Its more expensive there. But no, they dont(and I use a fake address), Ive been buying from there for about 2 years now

24. Post
    Riftcreator wrote:

I'll be buying a hard copy anyway, whatever the price.
    http://www.nzgameshop.com/pc-games/b...on-pack-dlc-pc

though shipping form UK, = depends if you want it cheaper for a weekish later.

or locally

http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0139...ctdetails.html

playtech was where i got bf3, was teh cheapest then, not sure if it is this time. got it day 1.

25. Post
    When buying digital copies from other sites such as the gameshop and stuff. Do they give you an origin key to go by? I've never bought games from them so don't know how it works. I don't want to end up with a russian copy and need to change files and whatnot to get the game to work.