1. Post
    Kingdom Hearts 2 had the exact same issue, people felt like they were expected to play Chain of Memories to figure out who the hell Roxas and Namine were, most people had no idea it existed.

Kingdom Hearts will always attract new audiences because at its heart (lol) its about dropping in and out of your favourite disney movies, thats the draw for casuals.

Besides, we live in the era of youtube. Anyone who does want to catch up on the myth arc can do so painlessly. There are many MANY catch up type lore videos out there.

2. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Kingdom Hearts 2 had the exact same issue, people felt like they were expected to play Chain of Memories to figure out who the hell Roxas and Namine were, most people had no idea it existed.

Kingdom Hearts will always attract new audiences because at its heart (lol) its about dropping in and out of your favourite disney movies, thats the draw for casuals.

Besides, we live in the era of youtube. Anyone who does want to catch up on the myth arc can do so painlessly. There are many MANY catch up type lore videos out there.
    The problem is in the trailers, they're really painstakingly pointing out org. 13 members as major plot points. Roxas was really a minor plot point (and I'll be honest, as a 'mainline' KH player, it was still rather shit), as far as the mainline games were concerned. It's like they've doubled down and I fear that KH3 will pamper too much to the people who've played the previous 9 games.

People don't want to watch catch-up videos either, and most of those are going to be about as long as the FF15 movie that people were so pissed off about because it was considered 'extra material'.

3. Post
    I don't think I agree with Roxas being a minor plot point, at all. But I agree that the trailers are a bit indulgent. I suppose they expect most people who watch these trailers to be long term fans, which is probably true when you consider it.

Mr Casual lover of Disney films probably won't and doesn't have to care about the myth arc to enjoy the game though, and if they do want to learn about it, its easy enough to find out about without buying the previous games.

FFXV did not really have this luxury at release, Kingsglaive was pretty much something you had to go and see the one weekend it was in theaters, purchase after the fact, or wait for a pirated version.

On a separate rant, Kingsglaive ended up being a colossal waste of time anyway, None of the characters in that film had any worthwhile presence in the final game.

4. Post

5. Post
    Fine by me dead time of the year good to have some AAA games during the first 3 months of the year

6. Post
    Its just funny seeing how long its taken. I dread how far out ff7 remake is gotta be at least 2020.

7. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Fine by me dead time of the year good to have some AAA games during the first 3 months of the year
    Also gives me more time to finish the 1.5+2.5 and 2.8 games. Unsure of whether to play them in order of release date or chronological order though.

8. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	275 
Size:	27.1 KB 
ID:	222194

Seriously though this is a great move. KH is a niche franchise and it would've gotten lost in the shuffle under all of the Christmas hype for AAA mega titles like RDR2, CoD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed. Doesn't matter that all of those games are coming in earlier months like October, Christmas gift buying season is dominated my normies buying mainstream hyped stuff.

9. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:

Grow the hell up, stop being a single platform fanboy tard and learn how to share your toys instead of crying like spoiled child.
    Quoting this for the lols

10. Post

11. Post
    If you buy the special edition you get acccess to every single kingdom hearts game on ps4

12. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Anyway revisiting this discussion topic now is awkward.
    I dunno, I think it will go down as a thread as classic Eva

13. Post
    Kingdom Hearts 3 has gone gold.

I'm proud to unveil an extended version of the trailer that's been playing in NA cinemas. And guess what? We've wrapped up development of #KingdomHearts III!
    If you haven't had the chance yet, now would be a good time to prep by playing 1.5+2.5 & 2.8. See you next month! - Nomura
    https://twitter.com/KINGDOMHEARTS/st...81296915095552

14. Post
    can't wait, this is my first kingdom hearts game and it looks awesom!

15. Post
    Time to buy KH1&2

16. Post
    So excited for this!

17. Post
    Kingdom Hearts 3 will be both the game that marks the end of my twenties gaming career and the only numbered titled released in my twenties

18. Post
    i think it's about time to start replaying through on Critical, just in time to finish before the KH3 release

19. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Kingdom Hearts 3 will be both the game that marks the end of my twenties gaming career and the only numbered titled released in my twenties
    That's actually an impressive feat! I don't think I could have managed for so many years without playing sequels - so every game you've played in the last 10 years is new IP?

I was certain I had played some Battlefield multiplayer with you before or some other dude called Ramza.. and it would have been BF2142 or BF2, but that was probably 2006 so more than 10 years ago

20. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    That's actually an impressive feat! I don't think I could have managed for so many years without playing sequels - so every game you've played in the last 10 years is new IP?

I was certain I had played some Battlefield multiplayer with you before or some other dude called Ramza.. and it would have been BF2142 or BF2, but that was probably 2006 so more than 10 years ago
    He's clearly talking about whole numbered titles in the KH franchise

21. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Did you really read my post wrong or are you just being facetious? I'm leaning towards the former.

What I meant was, the only numbered KH title.

To answer your other sentence, I don't really play Battlefield. I don't actually use Ramza anywhere else either. Made this account nearly 11 years ago.

22. Post
    Preload is already up on Xbox one. super early. 35.8GB.

23. Post
    Cheapest place to get USA physical copies? Wanna get this.

Name:	6307148_sd.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	224253

24. Post
    jords wrote:
    Cheapest place to get USA physical copies? Wanna get this.

Name:	6307148_sd.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	182.6 KB 
ID:	224253
    I couldn't find a bargain option so just ordered a copy from Amazon US (via Amazon AU), AU$61 delivered which isn't too bad.

25. Post
    If you pre order KH3 special edition you get that (Kingdom Hearts Story so Far) included