1. Post
    Usually EU region games are fine with any EU code.... But you can't use EU DLC/Game codes on US or Asia versions.

Be cautious though because some of the big companies region lock on the account level (Square Enix).

2. Post
    So my PS4 just randomly turned on by itself, ejects the game disc, does some weird noises and then it won't let me put the disc back in. Restarted does the same. Tired Rebuilding database. I am now downloading software again.

Anyone had this or heard of this?

3. Post
    jords wrote:
    So my PS4 just randomly turned on by itself, ejects the game disc, does some weird noises and then it won't let me put the disc back in. Restarted does the same. Tired Rebuilding database. I am now downloading software again.

Anyone had this or heard of this?
    Happens to my one as well. Turn your PS4 off and unplug it for awhile. This fixes it temporarily. I emailed the PS4 customer service and they told me to ring them to organize a replacement. Haven't gotten around to it yet, though.

4. Post
    Turned off and re installed the firmware, read somewhere it maybe the manual eject screw being loose. If it happens again will try that.

5. Post

The PS4 FAQ Thread (Work In Progress)

Don't **** around. Just call Sony PlayStation support. Mine did this a couple of weeks ago. Called Sony, I was told to send back to the service centre, upon receipt of my console I will get a NEW one as a replacement.

So I got home that night, got a mandatory update as I made sure my game saves had been uploaded. Then noticed the disc eject noise had disappeared. So I tried my game and it worked fine.

So I left it a week and it still ran fine, so I called Sony and explained what had happened. They said, no problem. Send it in anyway, as it will happen again. So I confirmed with the rep whether I get a refurb back or a brand new console. Yup definitely a brand new console. I'm just waiting for my courier to pick it up now.

So it'll be long back before Oddworld New n Tasty is released.

6. Post

The PS4 FAQ Thread (Work In Progress)

Chickenman wrote:
    Don't **** around. Just call Sony PlayStation support. Mine did this a couple of weeks ago. Called Sony, I was told to send back to the service centre, upon receipt of my console I will get a NEW one as a replacement.

So I got home that night, got a mandatory update as I made sure my game saves had been uploaded. Then noticed the disc eject noise had disappeared. So I tried my game and it worked fine.

So I left it a week and it still ran fine, so I called Sony and explained what had happened. They said, no problem. Send it in anyway, as it will happen again. So I confirmed with the rep whether I get a refurb back or a brand new console. Yup definitely a brand new console. I'm just waiting for my courier to pick it up now.

I'll try again tonight and follow your lead if it persists. TLOU out soon don't wanna be ****ed with that.

7. Post
    Chickenman wrote:

Woohoo! The replacement arrived back today. Just in time for the Destiny Beta and Oddworld. Good day!

8. Post
    Can someone explain why a company as developed as sony can't understand functional design over aesthetic design? The back of the PS4 slopes in a way that makes unplugging/re-plugging **** extremely annoying depending on where it's setup. Especially if you move it around the house for certain events etc.

9. Post
    Don't really have an issue with it tbh.

10. Post
    Currently where it's setup I have to lift it so I can see the inputs because it slants backwards.

11. Post
    You should add the the Ds4 controllers are compatible with Ps3

12. Post
    Any advice on good gaming headphones to wear for PS4 gaming (not music/movies)?

What is considered top of the range wireless vs mid-range wireless, or is it better to get a wired set?

13. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    Any advice on good gaming headphones to wear for PS4 gaming (not music/movies)?

What is considered top of the range wireless vs mid-range wireless, or is it better to get a wired set?
    You should be able to just plug your headphones into the controller itself if it's a 3.5mm plug.

14. Post
    oddball wrote:
    You should be able to just plug your headphones into the controller itself if it's a 3.5mm plug.
    Yeah I know that much, but I was wondering if people had recommendations for PS4 specific headsets

15. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    Yeah I know that much, but I was wondering if people had recommendations for PS4 specific headsets
    I just use my Triton AX720 from my PS3/Xbox 360/PC.

No issues here.

16. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    'Good gaming headphones' is not similar to 'PS4 specific headsets' so what you asked for is probably not what you want hence my confusion.

A headset has a mic mounted on and generally has nowhere near the audio output quality of headphones. It's like asking what android phone to get and someone recommending the iphone.

For PS4 specific headsets I got the tritton kama ones just because they were on sale for only $40 when I walked into the warehouse. But they're not that great, I wanted them specifically for VOIP because the earphone/mic thing that ships with the PS4 is garbage (you can hear everything everyone says/does in your entire house through the mic), but the kama's are closed so they block the sound of my speakers.

Bit of a dilemma for me, choosing between good audio (a headset generally wont get this) and a valid VOIP solution >.<

If you had a PC headset with two 3.5 mm plugs - one for mic, one for audio - you should be able to get a cable from somewhere like Jaycar that converts them into a single line, I know amazon has them. http://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-M.../dp/B004SP0WAQ

Anyway, sorry I can't be of more help.

17. Post
    oddball wrote:
    'Good gaming headphones' is not similar to 'PS4 specific headsets' so what you asked for is probably not what you want hence my confusion.
    Yeah my current conundrum. I have a PC gaming headset that's old and I need to replace. I don't need audiophile quality but some surround sound would be nice, which is the 'PS4 specific' part.

I will have another look through what Turtle Beach offers, they seem to have the widest range at the moment.

18. Post
    You tube video promotion - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiXx0P2VStw

19. Post
    Will ps4 work in Thailand

20. Post
    Whats up with PS4's online storage? can't upload any save games what so ever. getting numerous error messages.

21. Post
    jords wrote:
    Whats up with PS4's online storage? can't upload any save games what so ever. getting numerous error messages.
    Not sure if this is still an issue for you, but PSN was/is having issues today.

22. Post
    Had same problem when I trailed few months back. And all month since I had ps+. Only time I can remember it working is when I first got my console in 2013.

Have made my ps primary console. Now I am backing up and initialising.

23. Post
    Had slow download speeds, my connection does 3MB/s or higher but from Sony's network I was downloading games under 1MB/s.

Googling, the solution was to use Google's public DNS but for me it made it slower - and that solution is probably based off most people being near the US.

The solution: Using OpenDNS' instead of Google's public DNS solved it in my case - it works because it will connect us to a faster CDN (Content Delivery Network) that's more appropriate for NZ than the one we get connecting to Google's.

So if you go 'Network -> Set Up Internet Connection -> Choose Wifi or LAN -> Custom -> (set as you would normally) -> DNS Settings / Manual -> Primary: 208.67.222.222 / Secondary: 208.67.220.220 -> (set as you would normally) -> Test Internet Connection.

Then you should be downloading at higher speeds.

24. Post
    How do I go about getting a avatar on psn and using it on my ps4. Wanna use a sephiroth avatar.

25. Post
    jords wrote:
    How do I go about getting a avatar on psn and using it on my ps4. Wanna use a sephiroth avatar.
    When I got my 'Alien Tracker' avatar, I had to get it on PSN, and then log in to my account on a PS3 to select it. I could be wrong, and it might have changed, but I don't think you can do it on PS4.