Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post
    FAQ version 1.51

When is it out?
    Now! However Excessive Demand has put limited stocks in limited supply for those who did not get one at launch.

How much will it be?
    $399 US / 399 Euros / 349 Pounds / $549 AU / $649 NZ
    Games will still be around a similar price as now. DS4's might be slightly more expensive
    PSN+ will be a similar price as what it is on the PS3 now

What does it look like?

Is it backwards Compatible?
    Not with PS3 Software or accessories, but the Gaikai streaming service in the near future will be able to stream PS3 library games

Technical Specs?
    CPU: AMD x86 Jaguar 1.6GHZ 8-Core
    GPU: AMD next-generation Radeon-based graphics engine - The PlayStation 4 will reportedly be capable of producing up to 1.84 TFLOPS
    RAM: 8GB of GDDR5 - The PlayStation 4 uses a unified 8 GB GDDR5 RAM setup. The VRAM and OS RAM will share the memory pool
    Physical Media: Blu-ray Disk - 6x CAV Blu-ray BD-ROM + 8x CAV DVD
    Storage: Hard Drive - 500 GB Built-in Hard Drive
    I/O: USB 3.0, AUX
    Communication: Ethernet, IEEE 802.11 BGN, Bluetooth 2.1
    AV output: HDMI, Analog-AV out, Digital Optical Output
    Weight: 2.8kg
    Dimensions: 275mm x 53mm x 305mm (about the same size as the First PS3 Slim)

Is it region Free?
    Sony has said that the PS4 will be Region-Free so games from NTSC-U & NTSC-J will work on the system for you people that like to import
    Blu-Rays & DVDs are still region locked

Is the HDD Upgradable?
    Again according to Tweets from Sony the HDD is removable and upgradable like the PS3 HDD

What about Online DRM, Used Games and online requirements?
    Everything is the same with the PS3 as the PS4 in terms of physical disc media. You can sell and trade in used games to friends and retailers
    An internet connection is not required to play single player games offline

Is PSN+ needed for Multiplayer for PS4 Online Gaming?
    To play online multiplayer PS4 Games you will need a PSN+ account this time around

Is PSN+ Cross-Compatible with PS4/PS3/Vita?
    Yes, you will only need the one PSN+ account to get the PSN+ features in all the systems you have.
    Your Trophies and current PSN I.D will carry over to the PS4.

Does PS4 have Cross-Game Chat?
    Yep.

Is the new PS Eye bundled with the PS4?
    Apparently not and will cost an extra $59 US ($79-99AU/NZ)

Upgrading a PS3 version of a game to a PS4 version of a game?
    Sony says that if you have purchased a PS3 version for some selected titles and it comes out for PS4 you can get it off the store usually around $10AU

So what do you get in the normal box?
    The System with one DS4 controller, A Power cable, a USB Cable, an HDMI Cable and a Mono Headset (and presumably all the paperwork)

Games!
    Heres A big ol list of them so far

2. Post
    Good call DJ!

3. Post
    Re: PS+: Might be worth noting that while the same subscription works across PS3/PS4, you won't be able to access the free PS3 games on your PS4 due to compatibility (maybe this will change with Gaikai streaming?).

4. Post
    Updated.

5. Post
    Typo spotted.

Everything is the same with the PS3 as the PS4 in terms of physical disc media. You can sell and trade in used games to friends and retailers
    Should be:
    Everything is the same with the PS4 as the PS3 in terms of physical disc media. You can sell and trade in used games to friends and retailers

6. Post
    Gaikai streaming service in the near future will be able to stream PS3 library games
    Worth mentioning it will stream PS2 and PS1 games as well

7. Red Faced
    Went into the warehouse today to query release date for the ps4....

....and the homo at the desk said that the PS4 when plugged into the Xbox 1 can make the tv change channels....wtf??? use a remote nerd!!!!!

then he said the PS4 isnt a true gaming console like xbox1.......what is it then? a toaster.....

you hired a genius there Mr Tindell or Mr Warehouse.

8. Post
    Slightly updated. Now that it's out is there anything that needs to be added?

9. Post
    Anyone had luck linking Prezzy Card to PSN? can't add funds to my wallet.

10. Post
    Is it worth getting the camera?

11. Post
    If you want to stream or know people who'd be into playroom, yes.

12. Post
    If my flatmate has a NZ copy of BF4 and buys premium on the EU store using my EU account will it work?

13. Post
    No.

14. Post
    If someone else on the console wants to play online, do they have to have PS+ as well or is it xbox, where if one person has it, everyone does?

15. Post
    ^ If the master account has PS+ then everyone gets to go online

16. Post
    I'm pretty sure this is correct but I wanna make sure. I have a mate over in the US atm, if they get me Killzone: SF I can play SP and MP fine here on a NZ account, I just won't be able to activate/buy DLC?

17. Post
    Correct. You'll need to buy DLC on a US account, which you'll still be able to play on your NZ account so long as the US account has it's primary console activated on your console.

Why are you getting your mate to buy it?

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store $39.99usd

or http://www.amazon.com/Killzone-Shado.../dp/B00BGA9YZK $39.99usd.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/47...gital-purchase

18. Post
    $20 from Kmart and I'm assuming others through price matching

http://www.kmart.com/sony-killzone-s...irectType=SRDT

19. Post
    DoesthePS4HaveDLNASupportYet.com

- No

20. Post
    P1n3apqlExpr3ss wrote:
    $20 from Kmart and I'm assuming others through price matching

http://www.kmart.com/sony-killzone-s...irectType=SRDT
    Ok then, that's a deal. Follow my guide to buy the DLC if you want to go down that path.

21. Post
    When I import a game from the UK or AU (are we an AU state to Sony?) that includes DLC or game codes, will or won't they work? Eg BL2 Vita DLC, FF X-2 Vita download code from NZGameshop, or TLOU1 edition. Or even online pass games like Unit 13 and LBP? I've asked this around the place and haven't been able to find a concrete answer. I understand that it's definitely a no go for NTSC games.

22. Post
    Both the UK and NZ are PAL games so DLC from the game will work on an NZ account, but there are some exceptions, ie. I think modern warfare 2.
    Last edited by Black Plague***; 3rd July 2014 at 2:20 am.

23. Post
    The only things I know don't work for sure are the Playstation Plus subscriptions.

24. Post
    When I asked the same question when I first got my PS4 I think someone said the NZGameshop PS+ code didn't work