1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    If you didn't hunt werewolves during the full moon then how would you know who they were?

Hunting side-missions in open world games featuring rural settings seems to be mandatory since RDR.

3. Post
    HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE

4. Post
    Geralts been working out aparently

5. Post
    Looks really awesome. I wonder if i can get away with not playing the first 2 and just play this one!

6. Post
    dejctt wrote:
    Looks really awesome. I wonder if i can get away with not playing the first 2 and just play this one!
    This attitude confuses me. Why would you not play the previous ones if this one interests you? You realise the only reason there is a 3rd is due to the success and excellence of the previous 2 right? Its not like TES this is one continuous story about one character. Sure you can play it without experiencing the first 2, and CDPR says that going to be ok, but why would you want to. There are months and months between now and the release of 3. Unless of course you have no PC or 360 then... carry on.

7. Post
    I guess not everyone has time to do that. It's a shame though, what if you love the 3rd one and then want to try the others. As great as they are, it might be a disappointing experience coming from Witcher3 (I'm assuming Witcher3 is gonna be pretty much the best game ever made).

8. Post
    dejctt wrote:
    I'm playing 2 without playing 1. Kinda wishing I'd started with 1, but I heard 2 plays much better so I skipped it for time. 2 is cheap, why not give it a go?

9. Post
    Just brought number 1 for ten bucks.. Cant wait to play the other two I've heard theyre great games

10. Post
    I'm actually a bit nervous about this. It reminds me a little of Gothic 3 in the sense that it's a developer great at making smaller, more focused worlds with a strong emphasis on consequences and choices who decides to try making a huge open world sequel. From what I've seen so far CDPR seem to be doing a much better job than PB did, but the apprehension is still there (once bitten, twice shy).

xferesin wrote:
    Just brought number 1 for ten bucks.. Cant wait to play the other two I've heard theyre great games
    Both 1 and 2 are each $6 on GOG, or at least were on Saturday when I bought both. GOG version is DRM-free as well.

11. Post
    eug1404 wrote:
    I'm actually a bit nervous about this. It reminds me a little of Gothic 3 in the sense that it's a developer great at making smaller, more focused worlds with a strong emphasis on consequences and choices who decides to try making a huge open world sequel.
    I've never understood the G3 hate, I found it to be a reasonably enjoyable game.

12. Post
    CoolShady wrote:
    I've never understood the G3 hate, I found it to be a reasonably enjoyable game.
    I loved Gothic 3 and played it through before even a single patch, when it was entirely possible to be permanently stun locked and killed by a wolf irrespective of your level or gear. That doesn't change the fact that the original release was horrifically buggy.

13. Post
    dejctt wrote:
    I'm in the same boat haha. :X

14. Post
    I really, really tried with the first one but I just couldn't get into it. I even picked it up again in a steam sale (after selling a boxed copy I had) and gave it another go to no avail.

Loved Biowares earlier stuff, though..

15. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    I really, really tried with the first one but I just couldn't get into it. I even picked it up again in a steam sale (after selling a boxed copy I had) and gave it another go to no avail.

Loved Biowares earlier stuff, though..
    ...are you thinking about Dragon Age?

16. Post
    Nah - I just thought The Witcher was a bit similar to Neverwinter in 'looks'. Guess I could've constructed that post a bit better.

Thought Dragon Age was pretty crap as well

17. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    Nah - I just thought The Witcher was a bit similar to Neverwinter in 'looks'.
    IIRC it's based on the same Aurora engine, so does feel very similar at first.