1. Post

(Kickstarter) H-Hour:World's Elite PS4/PC - SOCOM 1+2 2 spiritual successor

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...worlds-elite-0
    Targeting PS4 and PC, H-Hour is a spiritual successor to SOCOM 1+2, by lead designer David Sears.

2. Post
    Oh. How did I miss this.

Cheers Eva, I thoroughly enjoyed Socom 1 on PS2, I'll look at the kickstarter tomorrow on my laptop and fund I reckon.

3. Post
    They've put together a new pitch video.

The main goal of this KS campaign is to develop a prototype to demo to potential investors.

4. Post
    Yeah I saw the goal was to develop the 'pitch demo' to sell as a proof of concept to the money men. I funded anyway (PlayStation Warrior tier). This is possibly a big risk to fund, but, he and his team have some great tactical shooter pedigree behind them. With that in mind I'm sure they'll get the funding together to make a great game. So for me, I'm prepared to take the risk.

5. Post
    A very early level walkthrough. Sears says that the level layout here indicative of what you'll see in maps of their intended vision for the finished gmae.

6. Post
    Funded.

7. Post
    Stoked!

Miss my Socom 1 days.

8. Post
    Socom 2 / 3 online whore reporting in. This is extremely relevant to my interests given the last 2 socom titles.

9. Post
    So, what if they don't get the funding to 'make the entire game'? Do backers get their money back, even though it's "funded"?

10. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    So, what if they don't get the funding to 'make the entire game'? Do backers get their money back, even though it's "funded"?
    The thing is with this KS you're funding the demo. The way the pitch reads, it seems they pretty much have the funding sussed. The money men just want to see proof of concept. Which is where this money is going.

Further to that, you are assured that you will get a copy of the game regardless. Which is no different to any other KS. This might only be a polished playable version of the demo pitched to the money men. If that's as far as the 'game' gets, then that is your copy of the game.

11. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    The thing is with this KS you're funding the demo. The way the pitch reads, it seems they pretty much have the funding sussed. The money men just want to see proof of concept. Which is where this money is going.

Further to that, you are assured that you will get a copy of the game regardless. Which is no different to any other KS. This might only be a polished playable version of the demo pitched to the money men. If that's as far as the 'game' gets, then that is your copy of the game.
    It doesn't sound to me like they've got funding 'sussed', what if the deal falls through, or the pitch is inadequate for the publisher, or as Eva pointed out, he pulls a Tim Schafer and can't even make the game? Also, $250k is a shitload of money to spend on a pitch, it doesn't give me confidence in the guys business model, even if the game sounds awesome.

12. Post
    Yeah I hear what you're saying. As I'd said earlier in the thread this is probably a bigger risk than most.

But as has come out in the last couple of days, a stupid high above target funding achievement is still no guarantee the game can be completed on budget.

In this case though, if David confirms funding from the Venture Capitalists he WILL be answerable to them. If H-Hour was solely funded by us, we'd not be able to hold him to account in the same way.

13. Post
    So if these VCs said "lets make it like CoD" halfway through development like Battlefield 3 the kickstarter folks would be screwed also, right? That has way too many risks vs. the reward of maybe getting the game cheaper.

14. Post
    Valid point.

As I've said, it's possibly one of the riskier ones. But I'm happy to take the chance and I can equally see why you wouldn't. I loved the original SOCOM so am happy to take the punt, I personally would be surprised if they allowed the VC's to dictate major changes such as that.

Like I said, I respect your reasoning for not funding.

15. Post
    FYI to backers in case you missed the email.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...0/posts/548606

The pledge survey for rewards is up.

16. Post
    Backers will have received this in their emails by now hopefully.

But for those that didn't back and are still interested, here is the latest video update. This update shows very early work in progress though, and in no way is it final.

It's an update showing the basic layout of the demo level, the terrain is place holder, and in David's words the buildings are 'Monopoly buildings' but the layout looks good. Multiple routes for the kidnappers and rescuers should give numerous strategy options.

Enjoy.

17. Post
    This is probably the highest res alpha screenshot that I've seen released to date.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1492537_595686563819657_2008674674_o.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	181.7 KB 
ID:	192391

EDIT:-
    I was wrong, these earlier ones are of decent res too.

Name:	1417656_586810444707269_1659282348_o.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	413.2 KB 
ID:	192392

Name:	pic_php.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	539.5 KB 
ID:	192393

18. Post
    A few days late, but a Christmas present just arrived from Mr Sears.

And the badges. The left one is glow in the dark!

19. Post
    Now I can see why you call yourself Chickenman.

20. Post
    ^ hehe bingo.

21. Post
    Pre-alpha gameplay debut!

22. Post

(Kickstarter) H-Hour:World's Elite PS4/PC - SOCOM 1+2 2 spiritual successor