Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    There's this massive aura of negativity about this game that I find to be both tiring and misguided; it wasn't the D3 that fans wanted, but it was basically a well polished and entertaining dungeon crawler.

The quality of life changes that they've made are quite clever. While PC-only gamers will scoff, I can imagine it will be relatively successful.

3. Post
    Do people actually enjoy completing the same story line over and over and over and over.........and over.......

4. Post
    Feonix wrote:
    Do people actually enjoy completing the same story line over and over and over and over.........and over.......
    Considering the popularity of MMOs, this is obviously a yes.

5. Post
    Feonix wrote:
    lolno, but i only played through it 1.5 times.

If the reviews are any good and if there is a SP mode that you can play without needing to be on servers, then I might actually buy it again just so I can get a lag-free playthrough.

6. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    There's this massive aura of negativity about this game that I find to be both tiring and misguided; it wasn't the D3 that fans wanted, but it was basically a well polished and entertaining dungeon crawler.

The quality of life changes that they've made are quite clever. While PC-only gamers will scoff, I can imagine it will be relatively successful.
    I'm too dejected about how this game turned out to muster up the will to scoff. The disappointment is utterly debilitating.

This and Simcity was a double whammy for me.

7. Post
    There is no diablo 3. Also, f that loser jwilson. And while I'm here, f actiblizzard too.

8. Post
    Feonix wrote:
    This is pretty much the only reason I don't play it anymore (well, that and the loot cluster****); loved the combat and classes and abilities.

9. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    lolno, but i only played through it 1.5 times.

If the reviews are any good and if there is a SP mode that you can play without needing to be on servers, then I might actually buy it again just so I can get a lag-free playthrough.
    D3 for consoles can be played offline. There is no AH.

10. Post
    I play diablo for the story

11. Post
    James wrote:
    Excellent...

Gwarden wrote:

I'd never played a Diablo before so I really enjoyed it actually apart from the technical issues and the cartoonish graphics. In fact I think that was the first time I'd played a dungeon crawler unless you count something like Skyrim or Oblivion.

12. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    I'd never played a Diablo before
    You missed out man.

13. Post
    kransky wrote:
    You missed out man.
    I know, but that goes for a lot of games pre-2005.

14. Post
    James wrote:
    if they patch the pc version to support this i might actually play it again..

15. Post
    Gwarden wrote:

but it was not worth the price of admission. I felt seriously ripped off after paying $100 for a game which's only game mode (singleplayer) lasted only a few hours.

16. Post
    Lord_Montgomery wrote:
    Considering the popularity of MMOs, this is obviously a yes.
    MMO's are different. While I can play WoW for a lengthy period, I can't stand D3. Even Borderlands 2 which models D3's genre in a way got boring after 1 playthrough.

The reason is MMO's have MUCH, A ****ING SHIT TON more content and new content is always added (D3 doesn't) and content lasts a lot longer.

17. Post
    I don't know why they don't just release some new environments/enemies etc

18. Post
    Diablo is all about the item hunt. New enemies won't make any difference if items are badly designed.

19. Post
    Gwarden wrote:

20. Post
    I think they made a very smart decision not including the auction house.

The only problem with what they've done is if you do play online, there will be people who have hacked their characters, since they are stored on your console or USB stick.

21. Post
    If ever there was a game that built from the ground up for KBM, Diablo would be it. I wish they had spent the time taken to port this game on developing D4 instead

22. Post
    Gwarden wrote:

Pretty much this times a million

23. Post
    I feel like dungeon crawlers should make great console games. I'd much rather chill out on the couch with a controller than sit at my PC when 99% of the game is mindless clicking.

Would rather play Torchlight on console but would be up for some D3 in lieu.

24. Post
    kransky wrote:
    Diablo is all about the item hunt.
    This,

Was my biggest problem with D3, the loot you recieved from farming was so often completely useless and several levels below you, forcing you to use the AH/RMAH to get anywhere in endgame progression,

Been playing PoE since open beta release, its endlessly better, plus you get to support kiwi devs!

25. Post
    it would have been called an okay game - if the game was made by amateurs.

no character development. nothing much to explore. plot severely lacking and so shit, no one gave a shit when one of the main characters died. all this based on a lore-rich goldmine of a franchise. but this is the least of the problems.

possibly the worst itemization i've ever seen. even super mario had it better gaining powers from mushrooms. when the game was released, top tier most legendary items were shittier than a common blue. they even "tried" fixing it several times, but was only as useful as sticking band aids to a fresh amputee.

worse game economy ever. pretty much went from $10 per mil in the first month or so to $1 for 50mil in a year. it's hilarious how blizzard came out with a infographic chart while back around e3, how d3 sold 12 million accounts and people are having so much fun. because bots are blatantly rampant and bliz does jack shit. tens of bots per computer, some botters have hundred of accounts even. i'd be surprised if there were more than 2 million active players at this stage.