1. Post
    Which model we talking about?

2. Post
    I got the 50" 4k model that was on sale recently. I think matte grey finish looks quite nice, it has small bezels and the UI/bootup is fast enough. The image quality is generally good, though it does get some horrendous light bleed from the sides. The audio is good enough though I imagine most people will buy a soundbar.

Seems like a bargain at $399 with a three year warranty. The test will likely be how long it lasts.

3. Post
    Has anyone had any issue with the remote or IR sensor on their veon slowly fail over time (not sure which one it is atm)? (This is the 65inch model btw) But now the tv wont even turn off and I have to unplug it at the wall which is slightly annoying. Think I got it in May 2017. The weird thing is the tv responds partially to some commands like I can access the settings but I cant move up or down or confirm any change in the menu but I can turn the volume up and down still but it just wont turn off when I press the off button.

4. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Has anyone had any issue with the remote or IR sensor on their veon slowly fail over time (not sure which one it is atm)? (This is the 65inch model btw) But now the tv wont even turn off and I have to unplug it at the wall which is slightly annoying. Think I got it in May 2017. The weird thing is the tv responds partially to some commands like I can access the settings but I cant move up or down or confirm any change in the menu but I can turn the volume up and down still but it just wont turn off when I press the off button.
    Have you tried replacing the batteries in the remote?

5. Post
    Point the remote at your phones camera and press buttons, if the remote is working you'll see the IR blaster flashing.

6. Post
    Valeyard wrote:
    Yep, I had that and probably the same model (4K 65", SRO2016 or something like that). The remote only turned it off if I did so immediately after turning it on. If I ran it for 10+ minutes it would no longer switch it off (so I used the switch under the TV) but volume and stuff worked.

The power controller was failing and occasionally green waves would run down the TV (or the whole screen would be green). One day it just didn't start at all. Sent it back under warranty and the remote issue was fixed as well without mentioning it, so I'm guessing it was related (power controller not listening to commands after running for a while, which would make sense as the volume and other controls don't pass through the power controller),

7. Post
    so far its looking like my issue might just be with the remote itself luckily. fingers crossed.

8. Post
    suntoucher wrote:
    Yep, I had that and probably the same model (4K 65", SRO2016 or something like that). The remote only turned it off if I did so immediately after turning it on. If I ran it for 10+ minutes it would no longer switch it off (so I used the switch under the TV) but volume and stuff worked.

The power controller was failing and occasionally green waves would run down the TV (or the whole screen would be green). One day it just didn't start at all. Sent it back under warranty and the remote issue was fixed as well without mentioning it, so I'm guessing it was related (power controller not listening to commands after running for a while, which would make sense as the volume and other controls don't pass through the power controller),
    So im thinking I might need to initiate the warranty process on my Veon. over the past few days while watching Netflix I noticed that a black bar will appear down the left side of the screen every now and then and almost like some of the screen turns it self off. How long did it take for the whole warranty process? Do they send someone to come and pick it up?

9. Post
    i have a veon 24 inch that screen went pink and freaked out. i took it back myself. process took just over a week but they advised about 2 weeks if i recall. it was an acceptable tv for the price but had some weird artifacts on things like scrolling text. ive put a new panel in my samsung that i previously replaced with the veon now. i'll hang on to it for an emergency though.

10. Post
    good price, im tempted, but my 55" 1080p veon i bought a year ago has rubbish sound/picture. harmony remote support is annoying (no ir codes for jumping to a direct input, so it has to cycle the menu, which can get out of sync), no audio output. it has become the kids tv due to quality.

this model appears to have optical audio output at least, so thats something. would have to use a hdmi switcher for remote to simplify the harmony issue though.

Tutuapp 9apps Showbox
    Last edited by slide9595; 12th April 2019 at 11:39 pm.