Page 1 of 18 123411 ... Last

1. Post

Buy a Veon TV?

Veon 50'' Full HD LCD TV, looks pretty cheap now
    http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ca...07?SKU=1647723
    Wondering how is the quality.. Anyone here used the Veon TVs before? Appreciate if you can share your experience

2. Post
    Go for it.

The Warehouse is the only legitimate place to buy top notch TV's from.

3. Post
    i bought a 32" veon from the warehouse in dec last year and its fine for just watching tv but the pixel response time seems really slow if using it as a PC monitor

4. Post
    Thanks
    Well I just did some Google then found they're recalling the 46'' old models due to manufacturing fault lol
    http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/is-bin...ecall-wk39.pdf

5. Post
    Depends what you expect from the TV really. Friend has a veon TV, it does the job as he just watches TV on it and doesn't game. Doesn't look as crisp as the major brands, but then for the price you can't expect it.

6. Post
    The Warehouse is the only legitimate place to buy top notch TV's from.
    Umm since the Warehouse bought out Bonds & Noel's and with the Warehouse incorporating The Warehouse, Warehouse stationary and No Lemons under one roof they will/do (eg Hams central store)

7. Post
    Shaunb19 wrote:
    i bought a 32" veon from the warehouse in dec last year and its fine for just watching tv but the pixel response time seems really slow if using it as a PC monitor
    what? big no no. TV's traditionally will have much slower response times than a PC screen.

There are some select higher-end models that can function well as a PC screen, but they're very expensive.

8. Post
    lololololololol Cheapo brand TVs. Horrid menus, horrid colours, horrid viewing angles, usually horrid response times....

9. Post
    well I don't know about you guys, but I usually in front of my TV, not at a 170 degree angle

10. Post
    Noobs.

Just import a Seiki 50" 4K TV.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-...ds=Seiki+4k+tv

Shame they've gone up $300

11. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    well I don't know about you guys, but I usually in front of my TV, not at a 170 degree angle
    Goddamn casuals

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    well I don't know about you guys, but I suspect a lot of people don't sit directly in front of a tv and even decent TVs suffer viewing angle gamma shift at 30 degrees. But yeah, el cheapo TVs are good if you want a secondary non-important viewing TV, main TV in the lounge = GTFO. Cheaper TVs, particularly the cheaper brands, who usually buy in the crappier quality panel rejects from LCD panel manufacturers, have very bad gamma shift.

13. Post
    Jarsky wrote:
    Noobs.

Just import a Seiki 50" 4K TV.

http://www.amazon.com/Seiki-Digital-...ds=Seiki+4k+tv

Shame they've gone up $300
    the upscaling interpolation better be good on that TV or else it's a waste with minimal 4K content at the moment.

14. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    the upscaling interpolation better be good on that TV or else it's a waste with minimal 4K content at the moment.
    Well thats where UFB & VDSL provide real benefits.

http://variety.com/2013/digital/news...ce-1200489195/

I wouldn't say buying a 4K tv is a waste, if you can get it for a decent price. Better than buying a TV now, and buying another one in ~2 years.

TV's are one of those consumer products i really wouldn't want to have to replace more than every 4-5 years.

15. Post
    mouwen wrote:
    Veon 50'' Full HD LCD TV, looks pretty cheap now
    http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/ca...07?SKU=1647723
    Wondering how is the quality.. Anyone here used the Veon TVs before? Appreciate if you can share your experience
    I have been using a veon 47 inch for around 2.5 years now. One thing I can tell you-the picture quality is superb. Even better than some of the top brands. I did a research before buying mine-as I am very particular about picture clarity and doesn't mind spending a bit more for a better picture. But now I am proud to say i was right. Many of my friends bought veon s seeing my picture. And the 3 year warranty is absolutely neat. The only thing I don't like about my veon is its remote control- you cannot operate it from any where in your room, you have to show the remote in front of the sensor, and you need to make sure you don't point the remote from the sides.

16. Post
    albertkply wrote:
    I am very particular about picture clarity
    Question: Do you calibrate?

17. Post
    When I go to The Warehouse they have Samsungs sitting next to the Veon's. The difference in quality is very noticeable. Say no to Veon.

In other words, the picture quality is bad and albertkply doesn't know what good picture quality actually is and is particular about having something slightly better than a 19" black and white tele hooked up to his computer.

18. Post
    Viilai wrote:
    When I go to The Warehouse they have Samsungs sitting next to the Veon's. The difference in quality is very noticeable. Say no to Veon.

In other words, the picture quality is bad and albertkply doesn't know what good picture quality actually is and is particular about having something slightly better than a 19" black and white tele hooked up to his computer.
    The samsungs will be so much brighter than anything else in the shop. Brighter doesn't mean better.
    I wouldn't buy a veon however. Panasonic have the most natural colours out of the manufacturers (well apart from the lg oled) but picture is subjective, what I like you might hate

19. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    The samsungs will be so much brighter than anything else in the shop. Brighter doesn't mean better.
    I wouldn't buy a veon however. Panasonic have the most natural colours out of the manufacturers (well apart from the lg oled) but picture is subjective, what I like you might hate
    You are right, brighter doesn't mean better. Which is why I didn't comment on the brightness.

20. Post
    Panasonic refuse to make useful Apps - So if you want smart features, try another brand.

21. Post
    Jarsky wrote:
    I wouldn't say buying a 4K tv is a waste, if you can get it for a decent price. Better than buying a TV now, and buying another one in ~2 years.

TV's are one of those consumer products i really wouldn't want to have to replace more than every 4-5 years.
    Its amazing how much the pricing has changed since I made this comment.
    For the most part that sweet spot (47"-55") has really settled in price, and its pretty justifiable to update more regularly.

Speaking of quality, looking forward to seeing Samsungs new SUHDTV range....even if I won't be able to afford them

22. Post
    SoAndSo wrote:
    picture is subjective
    but like audio really, nah, not really scientifically if you look into it.

23. Post
    I'd advise against buying a shit tier brand like Veon. I don't care that they "use the same panels" as the manufacturers. The devil, as always, will be in the details. Details like the build quality of the TV/remote, the quality of the UI (i.e. how laggy is the UI? How are the apps etc?). I mean shit you only buy a TV once every 3+ years, pay extra and get the good one.

Viilai wrote:
    So what? Did you calibrate them to the exact same spec and see if they still look different? Did it ever occur to you that WH is deliberately making the Veons look shit and the Samsungs look better (by changing the settings) to get you to buy the more expensive product?

24. Post
    Alternatively, why would I pay $1500 for a "good" brand TV that does the exact same job as the $400 TV that I just purchased? What additional benefit am I getting?

Don't tell me it will be more reliable, as we have had two Samsung TVs fail with red screen of death, my boss is also up to his 8th replacement Samsung TV.

The Veons are an excellent deal when they are on special.

25. Post
    Well sure, if you are just looking for a display ONLY then go for it.

If you want proper standards compliant HDMI ARC/CEC support, quality apps (or at least apps that don't suck donkey dong), a good DLNA player etc then it may not be the wisest choice.