1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    So that's why the cross-platform gameplay for CS:GO was canned at the last minute.

3. Post
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    So that's why the cross-platform gameplay for CS:GO was canned at the last minute.
    I don't think it was ever planned for the 360 version, just PS3-PC since Steamworks is on both of those platforms.

Really though, we all know that cross-plat MP between PC and console would've only ended in tears for console players (If they were unwilling to go KB+M at least. Even then GO is capped to 30fps on consoles IIRC, so they'd still be at a major disadvantage.)

4. Post
    HAH i'm glad yoshida is sticking to his guns, i just feel bad that the xbox community won't get to play this awesome fix of 1.0

5. Post
    now that is a man with integrity, I'll remember that name. Cross play between PS3, PS4, PC and Xbox 360/One would've been pretty epic, so much potential.. that would have to be the biggest possible community for one single game ever.

6. Post
    Pretty lame move by MS.

I can understand avoiding cross platform abilities, half the reason people buy one console or another is because X friends play on X platform.

7. Post
    Just MS trying to force companies to be more exclusive to their console. Sony was probably doing this with PS3 etc for a while however I think the PS3 debacle has taught Sony a valuable lesson in supporting the Players and Developers first VS supporting the bottom line and publishers first...