Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    meh same shit different day. At least IW took out those ****en death streaks that were in the MW games.

Pretty sure levels of abuse will increase with female characters in the game

3. Post
    Good to see innovation = copy battlefield

4. Post
    people still play CoD?

5. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:

Pretty sure levels of abuse will increase with female characters in the game
    Invitations to suck dicks will increase 1000%. Could work out though - more sexual abuse aimed at you might mean less aimed at your Mum?

6. Post
    dragunks wrote:
    people still play CoD?
    For Black ops 2, there is always atleast half a million people playing it on PSN and XBLive combined. PC is around 2000-30,000 depending on time of day.

7. Post
    more like call of duty goats amirite?

8. Post
    I watched the live thingy early this morning and im looking forward to the new game modes, I really hope that search and rescue doesn't replace search and destroy but I think it might.

dragunks wrote:
    people still play CoD?
    341,746 playing BLOPS2 on Xbox 360 right now

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Good to see innovation = copy battlefield
    They aren't copying battlefield, I think the destruction in this is quite literally just an extension of the old destructible cars mechanic. As far as I could see you aren't going to be able to blow holes in walls and shit.

Looks enjoyable though, I didn't really get into either of the last two titles as I was kinda burnt out over playing a good deal of MW2 and Blops1 but this looks like good times. Might actually grab this on XB1.

10. Post
    Still looks old as shit

11. Post
    So COD finally has bitches

12. Post
    Awe yeeeee

13. Post
    fuzzy2308 wrote:
    I really hope that search and rescue doesn't replace search and destroy but I think it might.

I doubt they'd replace/not include any game modes from previous titles (excludes 3rd person or things like Infection), especially one which use to have quite the following.

Hoping they've sorted out the netcode and footstep audio this time around.

14. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Invitations to suck dicks will increase 1000%.
    Tea bagging may be another matter

15. Post
    Tony Cipriani wrote:
    Tea bagging may be another matter
    I believe the correct term is now 'Clam Bagging' ... lol

16. Post
    ORLY? I haven't played online FPS for years now so I'm probably a bit behind the times.

Edit: earlier I read this as "claim bagging".

I thought it was like "victory crouching".

17. Post
    Wow, they added back a feature that CoD has had since 2003, leaning.

They put in Treyarch's dolphin diving too (sliding), they made a such a big deal about not adding that to MW3. Ditto for soldier customisation.

It took them 14 years, but finally someone has iterated on the Counter-Strike model.
    In Search and Resuce, one team attempts to plant a bomb at one of two locations, while the other team defends. In this mode, players who are killed drop dog-tags. If these are collected by an ally, they can respawn, if they're collected by an enemy, they're only able to spectate for the rest of the round.

18. Post
    I really like the sound of the new Clan match gamemode.

19. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Might actually grab this on XB1.
    +1

Aw **** it who am I kidding, I was always gonna grab this.

20. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    +1

Aw **** it who am I kidding, I was always gonna grab this.
    I've a weakness for the generic military shooter sometimes, also always enjoy mindless MP action... usually people's reasons for hating CoD games are that they're always the game base game with changes/improvements to several different aspects and that it's filled with retarded teenagers. For the former, this really isn't the only franchise that does this, any sports game is exactly the same, and to the latter, it's oh-so easy to ignore them. Why hate? Why say they're shit games, 'cause they're really not.

21. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    Why say they're shit games, 'cause they're really not.
    Course not. They're all the same shit game with a different title

22. Post
    Skorky wrote:
    I've a weakness for the generic military shooter sometimes, also always enjoy mindless MP action... usually people's reasons for hating CoD games are that they're always the game base game with changes/improvements to several different aspects and that it's filled with retarded teenagers. For the former, this really isn't the only franchise that does this, any sports game is exactly the same, and to the latter, it's oh-so easy to ignore them. Why hate? Why say they're shit games, 'cause they're really not.
    My thoughts exactly. I also think it comes down to a large case of Tall Poppy Syndrome too. I will enjoy Co Ghosts for what it is, a good fun generic military shooter.

Having said that, for the Military Sim guys, I can understand exactly why you hate it, but this isn't a Sim though; CoD isn't trying to be.

23. Post
    It's a lot of money for a game I am only going to play for MP and maybe not even that if BF4 hits all the right notes.

That said, 750+ hours across the MW franchise to date... so tempted...

24. Post
    Considering I'm likely to get many more hours of its MP than most other game's SP campaigns it's kinda worth it for me.

25. Post
    They've been bragging about a new engine since it was announced. I don't see why they'd even draw attention to the 'new' engine when it's just a complete embarrassment.
    Also, in the multiplayer reveal trailer, I noticed that one of the weapon sounds sounded almost identical to the turret weapon sound in Command and Conquer: Renegade (2002).
    (skip to 0:32 on the CoD video and 3:55 on the C&C video to compare them)

Let's just say that 'Call of Duty' and 'Innovation' shouldn't be in the same sentence.

Ghost Multiplayer Reveal Trailer (0:32 | Or look in the GP article):
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2uN1gwxM

Renegade Jeep Turret Sound (3:55):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnewJdU90fM