1. Post
    Haha oh ****! Panama bottled it!

2. Post
    These Spanish dudes are talking about Mexico v NZ now. It's on.

Brb saving up for flights...

3. Post
    Hah i got a spare ticket carnnt CelticKnife got one as well haha.

4. Post
    The Mexican guy commentating on my stream sounded so depressed until news of the late drama came through.

GL All Whites, going to need it.

5. Post
    shit just got real

6. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    ATENCION! ATENCION! GOL DE ESTADOS UNIDOS!

Thanks USA

Holy shit and they scored again!! USA 3-2 Panama.

Mexico would've been left in fifth place if Panama USA tied? This is what I'm getting from this rabid commentary
    Mexico needing a favour from the US to get in...must be hating themselves right now.

If Panama held on when ahead 2-1 then Mexico would've been out. They were 2 minutes away. You're very lucky.

7. Post
    Valeo wrote:
    Mexico needing a favour from the US to get in...must be hating themselves right now.

If Panama held on when ahead 2-1 then Mexico would've been out. They were 2 minutes away. You're very lucky.
    lol yep. Which makes the All Whites very unlucky. But hey, at the end of the day it's 11 on 11 and Mexico won't like playing in NZ much... stranger things have happened.

Thanks USA, we forgive you for taking 45% of our land now

8. Post
    (90 + 2') Graham Zusi
    (90 + 3') Aron Johansson

Daaaamn, Panama. BL

9. Post

‘We love you forever and everrr! God bless America!’

10. Post
    Bahaha, that commentator is brutal, giving shit to Mexico and praising USA for saving them.

11. Post
    Junior All Whites got spanked.
    They had a good leadup

12. Post
    Oh well, the Aussie senior team got spanked 6-0 twice in a row (admittedly against Brazil and France) if that makes you feel better.

13. Post

lel

14. Post
    Rename thread.. GP vs Tormenta

15. Post
    New Mexican coach has left Hernandez and Dos Santos out of the squad because they are apparently not in form at the moment. Oh well, can only be good for us.

16. Post
    Yeah Chich had a shocker.

Biggest danger for NZ is their being outpaced, outskilled - they probably need to mix it up physically, play a defensive game in Mexico City and hope for a draw there.

17. Post
    Hernandez was suspended for the first leg because he got too many yellows anyway.

And agreed Tormenta - need to defend well; but I can't really see us doing it without Nelsen being there saving us every 5 minutes. Reid is a good player but he just doesn't have the same propensity to make the other players around him lift also.

See the U17's put in a much improved performance against Italy - unfortunately having a penalty saved and going down 1-0.

18. Post
    How good is the Mexican league? Comparable to MLS?

19. Post
    It's pretty good, thanks to an influx of South American players. Dunno how good MLS is. Vucetich coached my club Monterrey to several championships so I'm not sure why he sucks all of a sudden :/ Was a political decision most likely, the new coach is in charge of America (Mexico City's favourite team and the team everyone else hates). He should've put Orozco in at goalkeeper though, that dude is amazing

20. Post
    Was looking, they confirmed the game in Mexico yet? Need to know if I'll be in Aussie (most likely).

21. Post
    Mexico v NZ Wednesday 13 November, 2.30 pm (Thursday 14 November, 9.30 am in NZ) at Estadio Azteca. They fly out that same day for NZ to play on 20 November at 7.00 pm.

Mexico team announced; notably, Chicharito and Dos Santos are omitted.

Edit: Mexico 4 - 2 Finland in the final friendly before meeting NZ. Ominous.

22. Post
    Yeah I just don't think it's gonna happen this time :/

23. Post
    I just hope we get the result away either 0-0 or 1-0.

Stranger things have happened in Football. All depends on that overseas result....

24. Post
    Mexico has just lost Hiram Mier to injury and won't have any Europe-based stars playing for them. Maximises NZ's chances I suppose.

25. Post
    Not picking European based players is just bizarre, the Mexican league might not be A-League level crap, but it is still crap compared to the big European leagues. The fact that we will go into this game with more players from top flight clubs than Mexico is almost surreal.