1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Good preview, thanks Matt. Gage may have his detractors but I like that he tries to push the medium in new directions. We need more developers like that.

3. Post
    I said it before but his major issue is a double edged blade, ambition. It makes the games unique yet he never reaches what he wants fully (see his unused plans for Fahrenheit or the non existent character DLC for Heavy Rain). His unwillingness to do anything less is also probably why every game released is split down the middle by players, they either love it or hate it. There is little grey area in it.

I enjoyed those games regardless of their flaws and I am looking forward to giving B:TS a go next month.

4. Post
    Today we can reveal that the BEYON Two Souls demo will be available from Wednesday 2nd October on PlayStation Store.

The demo will provide a generous trial of the game with two levels included, offering an insight into the extraordinary story that awaits you in roughly a month’s time from now.
    The BEYON Two Souls demo will feature the following stages from the final game:

Jodie & Aiden – join a very young Jodie as she takes part in an experiment at the Department of Paranormal Activities. As officials put her abilities to the test, you take charge of a mysterious, invisible entity.

Hunted – skip forward a number of years and you need to help Jodie escape the clutches of government agents as the mysterious entity unleashes its truly astonishing powers.
    Demo? Or you going to go straight to full game?

5. Post
    Lookin' forward to this. Most of my gripes with Heavy Rain are things easily remedied for the most part, the biggest one being some of the gameplay decisions.

Though I do like the whole "no-fail quick time event" thing there were some times where the quick time event was plain ridiculous, I failed, and then got an outcome I truly did not want. Instead of going "nah, **** that" and quickly turning off the console before it gets a chance to autosave, it'd be great if there was a "last checkpoint" (pretty sure Heavy Rain didn't have anything like this?) kinda business, even if that's kinda going in the opposite direction from what they're clearly into.

6. Post
    Checkpoint system would have been good.

I have only played it once and not really keen to go through the whole story again because i was satisfied with the ending I got.
    But pissed me off that i lost the chick character in the crazy doctors house.