Do ya know what i mean

So i took the easy way out, did my body some harm
    Cut my throat and slashed my wrists
    I even tried electricity

GET THE **** OFF MY BEACH

Yes it's true, you are a good woman. Then again, you may be the anti-christ

Poison Idea were tight

Good ole NZ punk

Legendary Argentine ska band Los Fabulosos Cadillacs. Matador their essential protest at far right governments Argentina suffered through and a tribute to murdered activist Victor Jara (also paid tribute to by U2 in One Tree Hill).

Santa Maria de los Buenos Aires, si todo estuviera mejor!

3. Post

4. Post
    Morris > Rollins

hnnnnnnng

5. Post
    Not gunna lie, and I'm not being a complete and total hater here nor am I aiming any direct insult OR trying to be a dick but: interesting how there is now a punk thread and I don't see any signs of any local NZ bands??!! Just a friendly reminder to support your local scene and bands !!!!! This is one of the hugest aspects of the sub culture! Or maybe you're just some dude who sits in his room and likes a few Rancid and The Casualties songs and is too scared to participate, whatever!!

edit; haha man I really do sound like a dick, anyway, international bands rule too so no harm in posting that shit either, just sayin' though, some really really good nz bands exist! ALSO I missed Tormenta's post about Toy Love :P

Johnny and the Felchers: graveyard punk scum from Wellington, fans of TSOL, Circle Jerks etc will dig this.

Electric Mayhem: one of my personal faveorites, ultra hypo full speed 80s hardcore in the vein of RKL, Cryptic Slaughter, DRI etc etc, so rad

Missing Teeth: Legendary hardcore punk band from Auckland active mid 2000's

Oi's II Men: **** off attitude Oi! punk band from Shitchurch. Best lyrics/song names ever.

Rogernomix: Wellington crust/dbeat, killer female vocals

Tentacles of Destruction: killer Auckland snot-nosed hardcore punk rock

6. Post
    Ret- wrote:
    Not gunna lie, and I'm not being a complete and total hater here nor am I aiming any direct insult OR trying to be a dick but: interesting how there is now a punk thread and I don't see any signs of any local NZ bands??!!
    I go to enough shoes to realise there are two types of fans in this subculture... those who go to shows and those who don't. Those who do probably have a high chance of knowing about the essential/current bands already. I don't know if there are many people out there that don't know about any of the fine bands we have here in NZ and were waiting for some recommendations.. but if there is, then I'm all for putting the word out there. Also, I usually post what I am currently listening to, which is usually from my PC, which doesn't contain a lot of mp3s because most of my NZ music is on tape or vinyl. Does any of this make sense?

In saying that, everyone should definitely see this band live if they have the chance.

7. Post
    Ret- wrote:
    Not gunna lie, and I'm not being a complete and total hater here nor am I aiming any direct insult OR trying to be a dick but: interesting how there is now a punk thread and I don't see any signs of any local NZ bands??!!

8. Post
    Yeah I uploaded that Toy Love track in the interests of keeping good ole NZ punk alive. A few of my fave kiwi bands:

Tacky Filth

No Tag oi oi oi

Flesh D-Vice

Creme de la creme. Fking WARNERS

I liked that Two Wolves song. First time I've heard a slide guitar in an ostensibly punk song - me likey

9. Post
    Yeah, the Warners rule/d.

10. Post

11. Post
    Fu Manchu wrote:
    Some decent rockabilly (which seems decidedly difficult to find I must say, unless you're tolerable of some of the slightly goofier aspects of the genre and it's accompanying subculture - which I am not particulary....)

anything else along these lines?

12. Post
    another nz classic, black metal/crusty dbeat Streetkunt

13. Post
    I still can't decide whether Ois II Men were the best or worst band New Zealand has had, there is no inbetween.

http://ois2men.bandcamp.com/album/hairs-to-oi

14. Post

15. Post
    ^Propagandhi rules.

Straying away from NZ worship, I'm big on dbeat/crust

16. Post
    CHAOS UK

My fave album of theirs. Just noise really but sounds fking cool like Flesh D-Vice or something

17. Post
    Been listening to a bit of (older) Anti-Flag and Rise Against recently. Not a huge fan of either, and their newer stuff does not appeal, but some of their songs stoke my anger appropriately.

18. Post
    just saw this on Netflix and if you are into punk you need to see it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790867/

19. Post
    Toolman wrote:

Saw it a while back. I was actually kinda disapointed. It was ok, It seemed kinda disjointed.

20. Post
    LOL

Looks like Ron Reyes has been ousted from Ginn's bastard 'Black Flag' reincarnation to be replaced by Mike Vallely, this just keeps getting better .

http://dyingscene.com/news/ron-reyes...ll-very-short/

21. Post
    Toolman wrote:

What happens when a generation's ultimate anti-authoritarians -- punk rockers-- become society's ultimate authorities -- dads? With a large chorus of Punk Rock's leading men - Blink-182's Mark Hoppus
    go straight to jail, do not collect $200.

22. Post

SMASH IT

23. Post
    AC SLATER wrote:
    go straight to jail, do not collect $200.
    lol - it's got a few better names than that

subtitled for Tormenta

24. Arrow
    Wellington punx, this is on tonight:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1435..._mall_activity

will be the debut of my new band Bonecruncher, pretty nervous but excited as ****... really looking forward to seeing all the other bands especially the mighty METH DRINKER

25. Post