1. Post
    raab wrote:
    Pulled the trigger on some Audeze LCD2's with vegan pads/head and Soloist AMP
    I hope you enjoy it, I have the exact same setup and it is pretty spectacular.

2. Post
    I'll have to come for a listen raab... could convince myself of a purchase...

Hmm can get both for $1997 at the moment with CLs 10% off code... Thats a damn tempting price.

3. Post
    ^ Exactly why I couldn't pass on the deal

4. Post
    It was payday today... could eat rice for two weeks... Such first world problems up in this thread.

The missus will kill me if she finds out though

5. Post
    Sounds>livelihood

6. Post
    Do itttt :P

7. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I'll have to come for a listen raab... could convince myself of a purchase...

Hmm can get both for $1997 at the moment with CLs 10% off code... Thats a damn tempting price.
    Try some STAX @ soundline in thorndon first..

8. Post
    STAX are quite a bit more expensive for the higher end stuff :P

The real STAX units are the SR007 and SR009; but the cost on those with amp is well.. a lot more than an LCD2 + amp :P

9. Post
    We're going to have to start an lcd2 owners club soon

10. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    We're going to have to start an lcd2 owners club soon
    elitist jerks

11. Post
    I'll let you in if you make me a turntable

12. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    I'll let you in if you make me a turntable

Deal ! you pay for the material cost's 4k should just cover it

13. Post
    Horrible lighting.. but just cause

Attached Images

14. Post

15. Post
    TH-900? Nice.

16. Post
    Fostex FE163En-S Full Range limited edition

Will be building BLH cabinets for these beauties

Attached Images

17. Post
    Just moved into my new place in the UK, among other things I finally got some speaker stands for my A1b's.

Attached Images

18. Post
    Nice setup!

Jelly of your Sieveking. I have a cheap chinese knock-off one and it's pretty decent for $40.

19. Post
    +1 nice looking setup! - great photo to match too.

20. Post
    New headphone stand i made at work. All billet aluminium. (How do you link the image? I tried [img])

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0549bhzezwf67tq/IMAG1343.jpg

21. Post
    I don't think [img][/img] tags will work with a dropbox hosted pic? You need a direct link to the image. Nice stand btw

22. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    Nice setup!

Jelly of your Sieveking. I have a cheap chinese knock-off one and it's pretty decent for $40.
    Haha, thanks but it's actually a cheap chinese knock off as well...

I actually got to have a closer inspection of a bunch of real Sieveking's today and honestly, they aren't that much nicer (smoother surface but as far as looks go, very similar).

23. Post
    revogamer wrote:
    Horrible lighting.. but just cause
    Just had a chance to listen to the TH-900's here in the UK. Not bad, definitely less bloated in the bass region compared to the D5000's (which for me is a good thing).

Also here is a 'proper' picture :P

Attached Images

24. Post
    ninjapirate wrote:
    Haha, thanks but it's actually a cheap chinese knock off as well...

I actually got to have a closer inspection of a bunch of real Sieveking's today and honestly, they aren't that much nicer (smoother surface but as far as looks go, very similar).
    Haha, that's gold

Can I ask where bought your stand from? The wood on yours looks more textured than mine.

25. Post
    Picked up a Roku 3 in the States recently, migrated everything to Plex, so far so good.