1. Post
    Can Roku 3 do much direct streaming? I've got the Roku XS and everything has to be transcoded by the plex server.

2. Post
    I bought a 2m RCA extender cable for my X-530's.

3. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    Haha, that's gold

Can I ask where bought your stand from? The wood on yours looks more textured than mine.
    From Massdrop, the first time they had them on the site.

4. Post
    Cheers. Massdrop doesn't detail who the manufacturer is. Ah well.

I see that you tried some electrostatics today eh? I wish there was a place in Nelson where i could demo some high end stuff like that

5. Post
    Sorted i think. Anyway. This is my new Aluminium stand i made at work. haha

6. Post
    aX3kILL3r wrote:
    Sorted i think. Anyway. This is my new Aluminium stand i made at work. haha
    How much ? very nice man

7. Post
    robrc12 wrote:
    How much ? very nice man
    Thanks mate. How much? Not for sale if thats what you were asking. Spent a bit of time drawing it up in Gibbscam then machining each piece. Still have to get it Carbon Fibre wrapped and put the foam on the half rounds. Will post an updated pic when i have finished. People have been saying that natural looks ok as well.

8. Post
    Was a joke man

9. Post
    An HSU ULS 15 sub! Poor neighbours have stopped talking to me! I have cut down on the use when they're at home though ...

10. Post
    haha joker time to move to the countryside

11. Post
    Yeah so jealous of OP ... I. Need. Lcd. 2. Rev. 2!!!

One day

12. Post

13. Post
    Not much of a purchase but I got a sound blaster Z with a set of Audio technica M50s coming my way soon.

14. Post
    Ordered Logitech Harmony Smart Control. Basically universal remote functionality from your phone (or supplied remote).

http://www.logitech.com/en-nz/produc...-smart-control

15. Post
    Let me know how you go with that, might be keen on one too.

16. Post
    I just purchased on behalf of my olds for their new setup:

Yamaha RS500
    Paradigm Monitor 9 (Floor standers)
    Sonos Connect
    Sonos Play:5

feelsgoodman.jpg

17. Post
    Audeze LCD-2's just arrived.

First time I've had tingling up my spine listening to music

18. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    Cheers. Massdrop doesn't detail who the manufacturer is. Ah well.

I see that you tried some electrostatics today eh? I wish there was a place in Nelson where i could demo some high end stuff like that
    Enjoy your 'other' new headphones - won't ruin the surprise for everyone else though

19. Post
    I'm guessing sennheiser and woo audio ?

20. Post
    Good guess ^

Went and saw Billy to pick up my WA7 and walked out with some HD800s as well. I was in a bit of a rush to get to the airport so I only got to trial them for less than a minute beforehand haha. Probably the most irrational impulse buy of my life but I don't regret it one bit. Once I arrived home I had a long listening session with them, then I switched over the DT880s for a comparison. The difference is shocking to say the least. I've owned the DT880s for a long time and I always regarded them as being a near reference level set of headphones. When you directly compare them to the HD880s they sound muffled and flat. It's a really odd experience. I feel like my ears have been lying to me.

Sorry for the terrible photo. Now I need a new stand

21. Post
    How does your other half let you get away this?!

22. Post
    The trick is having no other half I guess. It's just me and my stupidity. Then again, Billy manages to get away with it. Maybe he could share some tips.

23. Post
    Is it horrible that sometimes I wish I was single?

24. Post
    No comment.

25. Post
    Sounds familiar. I just picked up the same combo from Billy on Friday (HD800,WA7). Grabbed one of the Woo headphone stands while there, great solid quality. Even managed to leave the upgrade tubes for the WA7 behind on the counter, funny what excitement does to some