Results 1,126 to 1,149 of 1149

1. Post
    How do they compare to the gold standard which is the QCII/PXC550/WH-1000XM2 etc?

2. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    How do they compare to the gold standard which is the QCII/PXC550/WH-1000XM2 etc?
    From what I read, compared to the QCII anyway which was my intended purchase originally...
    ANC: QCII > These
    Comfort: QCII = These
    Overall sound quality: Difference of opinion, but generally QCII > These
    Quality/design: These > QCII ... it just oozes quality build, so naice

If it wasnt for the $400 price tag from CL, I was going to pick up a pair of QCIIs when I was in the states in 5 weeks. But $400 is a mean deal for these.

3. Post
    Plus you get to stand out a bit, everyone and their dog in the office is using the QC or QCII

4. Post
    I'm surprised the sound quality, even opinion based, puts the Bose ahead of Kef. Given Kef speakers would demolish Bose.

5. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    I'm surprised the sound quality, even opinion based, puts the Bose ahead of Kef. Given Kef speakers would demolish Bose.
    My unprofessional ears can't tell the difference between the two tbh (my brother has QIIs).

6. Post
    Fragluton wrote:
    Headphone market is rather different to home cinema
    For instance I’d never consider buying Sony headphones using their speakers as a gauge of sound quality when you have kef and seinheisser

7. Post
    Wait, so your can't wear hifi speakers on your head. Thanks for clearing that up.

8. Post
    Sony actually some pretty good stuff
    Their core series are constant recommend as value for money options

9. Post
    Ended up buying the Audio Pro T8L speakers and the Audio Pro Addon Sub for desktop use

10. Post
    Pretty good deal I think, probably the best deal I've gotten off Trade Me in a while, even came with the fancy optical cord and Astro carry case.

Name:  astro.png
Views: 555
Size:  264.9 KB

It's just got a broken bracket that I've glued for now until the replacement one I bought online arrives and a missing battery cover which I can live with for $1 seeing as I'll just use the USB to power it anyway. Good sound.

11. Post
    Purchased a pair of KEF Ci130.2CR for my house extension. Matches the KEF system so I figured it would be perfect for ceiling atmos. Uni-Q seems good for it.
    New home theatre baby - 3.36 x 4.56 dedicated space.

12. Post
    ^ Pics of setup please!

13. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    ^ Pics of setup please!
    I'll be back to post it in about 1 year
    Just signed off concept drawings.

14. Post
    ^ Oh.

15. Post
    Purchased some AKG 7xx headphones from Mass Drop. Still waiting for them to be delivered.

Not audio related but picked up this fridge from rockshop as it looked awesome next to my audio gear.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

16. Post
    ^ Thats very cool! But ...... needs moar beer!

17. Post
    My Bluesound Node 2i just arrived from Amazon. Excited to get this hooked up and replace the Pi

18. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    My Bluesound Node 2i just arrived from Amazon. Excited to get this hooked up and replace the Pi
    Are you going to use it straight to the amp or with a dac in the middle? I like my node 2 but I would like it could play .ape or .cue files

Enviado desde mi Moto G (5S) mediante Tapatalk

19. Post
    Straight to the amp to start with, apparently the built in dac in the 2i is world's above the 2 so I'll see how it sounds then decide if I want to go spend a truck load on a dac

20. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    How much did it set you back?

21. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    How much did it set you back?
    I think it was $840 NZD to the door with priority shipping (took three days to arrive).

So a fair bit cheaper then the $1300 NZD price.

Very happy with it.

22. Post
    Why not use the DAC in the Rotel amplifier?

23. Post
    I am;

24. Post
    Picked up a Samsung HW-MS950 during the week, seems pretty decent for a soundbar, haven't fully tested out yet but happy with the purchase thus far