Results 1,151 to 1,167 of 1167

1. Post
    Upgraded my Samsung HW-H750 soundbar to a Samsung HW-N950 - Atmos is pretty sweet eh. Wouldn't pay RRP but it's been pretty heavily discounted lately (presumably as the 2019 models are due out soon).

2. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Upgraded my Samsung HW-H750 soundbar to a Samsung HW-N950 - Atmos is pretty sweet eh. Wouldn't pay RRP but it's been pretty heavily discounted lately (presumably as the 2019 models are due out soon).
    There will be new models when who knows Samsung took bloody ages to release the N950 and it was the last soundbars to be released as a 2018 model by a major manufacturer.

Itís replacement is called the Q90R but from what I can tell itís pretty much the same thing so meh..

Iím most excited for the Seinheisser soundbars but no idea when itís coming out either and will be pricey as Seinheisser stuff always is - nice thing with the Seinheisser is you donít need to worry about audio formats like Atmos etc

https://en-nz.sennheiser.com/ambeo-soundbar

3. Post
    Yeah as far as I could work out the Q90 looks almost exactly the same - maybe it'll support eARC, which isn't an issue for me as my TV doesn't support it and my only non-streaming Atmos source is my Xbox One S connected directly to the soundbar.

Pretty happy with it - huge step up in terms of general quality/clarity over the old soundbar, and what little atmos content I have sounds amazing. It shits me that the PS4 Pro doesn't support it... kinda want to upgrade to a One X now, but might wait for next gen.

4. Post
    I don't think Atmos is widespread enough to worry about yet and even then only really for action movies.

5. Post
    There are a few xbox one games with native support, but apparently they're trialling atmos upmixing for non-atmos content on the xbox one

Agree there's not much content available (one show on Amazon Prime and a handful on Netflix) and I'm kind of over buying physical media

6. Post
    Have you figured a way to disable to auto turn off feature after 5 mins of no activity on The N950? It's driving me to drink

7. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    Have you figured a way to disable to auto turn off feature after 5 mins of no activity on The N950? It's driving me to drink
    Nope, but haven't had a situation where that's been an issue - to be fair lots of people complaining about it eh

8. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    From what I've read there is no way to fix this unless Samsung releases a software update, which they have not done

KevinL wrote:
    Yeah as far as I could work out the Q90 looks almost exactly the same - maybe it'll support eARC, which isn't an issue for me as my TV doesn't support it and my only non-streaming Atmos source is my Xbox One S connected directly to the soundbar.

Pretty happy with it - huge step up in terms of general quality/clarity over the old soundbar, and what little atmos content I have sounds amazing. It shits me that the PS4 Pro doesn't support it... kinda want to upgrade to a One X now, but might wait for next gen.
    It may have eARC, one would certainly expect but given what has transpired with LG, who knows - LG 2019 soundbars do not support eARC even though their 2019 TV's do, so much for product planning

I'm myself not too worried about Atmos given the lack of content, I also envy the leg up the Xbox enjoys, it's definitely ahead of the PS4 in some key areas, one being sound formats. I'm sure both the next Xbox and PS5 will both support Atmos inputs, Plus Atmos up scaling.

9. Post
    Ya, just have to keep the soundbars remote handy, small price to pay I suppose for a solid soundbar, even bought acouple of physical 4k Blurays to play on the one X and enjoy the Atmos goodness

10. Post
    Soldier_Five wrote:
    Ya, just have to keep the soundbars remote handy, small price to pay I suppose for a solid soundbar, even bought acouple of physical 4k Blurays to play on the one X and enjoy the Atmos goodness
    If you have a recent Samsung TV you can turn on the soundbar via the TV's menu - alternatively you can use the SmartThings app. Doesn't solve the problem, but does make it a bit more bearable

11. Post
    What do I need to do so I can actually hear voice in movies without having to quickly turn the volume up for speaking scenes and back down for action scenes? Getting tired of it.

Currently just using a pair of these plugged into a usb Fiio E10k into my PC
    https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...akers/27818562

If I want to add a center speaker for voice, I gotta go the whole hog and get an av receiver or something?

My motherboard audio is pretty staticy so don't want to plug straight into motherboard.

On the other hand... been looking at av receivers and even budget ones are pricey for me. However, if that's the best way to go I probably have enough spare computer parts and speakers i can sell off to cover the price of a receiver

12. Post
    Do you have a setting in your media player to reduce dynamic range (e.g. dynamic range compression, night mode, etc etc)? That might make enough difference without having to change your setup.

13. Post
    The E10k is designed for music rather than movies.

Does your motherboard have optical out?

14. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    Do you have a setting in your media player to reduce dynamic range (e.g. dynamic range compression, night mode, etc etc)? That might make enough difference without having to change your setup.
    Just using Chrome/Netflix so probably not?

brand wrote:
    The E10k is designed for music rather than movies.

Does your motherboard have optical out?
    Yeah I think it does hopefully. I'll give that a try tonight.

I use the E10k mainly because I switch between speakers and headphones and I just pull the headphones out of the E10k and plug the speakers in... and because it sounds better than my motherboard.

15. Post
    mejobloggs wrote:
    Just using Chrome/Netflix so probably not?
    Try https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...gcoklfio?hl=en

16. Post
    What a neat Chrome extension, will give it a shot. Thanks

17. Post
    mejobloggs wrote:
    What a neat Chrome extension, will give it a shot. Thanks
    There are probably others, that was just the first that came up (noting it hasn't been updated in a while so YMMV)