Results 1,176 to 1,200 of 1222

1. Post

2. Post
    Dude. Your house man it looks like something out of Grand Designs.

Whats that view out the window you got there?

Speakers look ok whats the story with them.

3. Post
    Totally unrelated... but what is your gas/induction combo hob? I am about to buy separates and sandwich them together in a new kitchen. I want 4x induction and 1 large gas element.

Speakers look nice. I guess you got white to blend in?

4. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Dude. Your house man it looks like something out of Grand Designs.

Whats that view out the window you got there?

Speakers look ok whats the story with them.
    Thanks, appreciate that.

This is the view

Wife and I designed the house ourselves, our builders have been friggin brilliant to work with.

The speakers are the Paradigm Prestige range. I got the 95F fronts, but they only gave me so far so waiting on the 2nd to arrive then I'll post pictures of those as well.

5. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Totally unrelated... but what is your gas/induction combo hob? I am about to buy separates and sandwich them together in a new kitchen. I want 4x induction and 1 large gas element.

Speakers look nice. I guess you got white to blend in?
    The cooktop is just a fisher & Paykel combo.

Speakers aren't going there, am building a dedicated Cinema room, just isn't ready yet. Hence the photos in the kitchen :-D

6. Post
    Exciting stuff, going all out .

What dimensions did you end up with? I am building an extension, but went quite small with the new lounge/ht (4.56 * 3.36) because this house doesn't warrant a larger room. I'd like to, but it would just be over capitalising.

7. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Exciting stuff, going all out .

What dimensions did you end up with? I am building an extension, but went quite small with the new lounge/ht (4.56 * 3.36) because this house doesn't warrant a larger room. I'd like to, but it would just be over capitalising.
    6.5x5

8. Post
    House looks like A++. Mind posting a floor plan?

Which builders?

9. Post
    You house nerds.

10. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    6.5x5
    I just moved to a new(ish) place with 2 lounges - I've taken the 6 x 5 for a movie room. Still got your old 65" plasma, it looks tiny in there. Only got Q Acoustics bookshelf speakers at the moment so will be needing some big upgrades. Also got some Kef eggs but a big room demands big speakers.

11. Post
    Double gib and noise isolation rondo mounts, *long whistle*.

Speakers look hawt.

12. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    The cooktop is just a fisher & Paykel combo.
    Exactly what is on my shortlist . They seem to work well together. I was nervous about having a 1m wide hob. Seemed over the top.

Installing 4x in ceiling for atmos/etc? I'm just putting in 2x KEF 130mm Uni-Q. Matches all my other gear.

13. Post
    technoguy wrote:
    House looks like A++. Mind posting a floor plan?

Which builders?
    Thank you very much. Ground and top floor plans as requested, builders are RnB

BorgWarner wrote:
    I just moved to a new(ish) place with 2 lounges - I've taken the 6 x 5 for a movie room. Still got your old 65" plasma, it looks tiny in there. Only got Q Acoustics bookshelf speakers at the moment so will be needing some big upgrades. Also got some Kef eggs but a big room demands big speakers.
    The old Panny St? Great TV, I imagine it looks bloody tiny in a room that size lol

Fragluton wrote:
    Double gib and noise isolation rondo mounts, *long whistle*.

Speakers look hawt.
    That's the one, the rondo and clips were easy to put up, the massive 13mm lengths of noise line gib? What a bitch, especially after copious amounts of green glue were added.

MoNk wrote:
    Exactly what is on my shortlist . They seem to work well together. I was nervous about having a 1m wide hob. Seemed over the top.

Installing 4x in ceiling for atmos/etc? I'm just putting in 2x KEF 130mm Uni-Q. Matches all my other gear.
    Yeah it's a great cook top, we love it.

GOing for 6 in ceiling speakers. Will be a 9.4.6 set up.

14. Post
    Going a little off topic here but getting a dedicated media room is an AV purchase no?

What seating will you be getting?

Showed the pics to my wife, she said we're available for house sitting ANYTIME

15. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:
    Going a little off topic here but getting a dedicated media room is an AV purchase no?

What seating will you be getting?

Showed the pics to my wife, she said we're available for house sitting ANYTIME
    I think it is :-D

Got a good deal on some cinema seating from Harveys, full electric recline. 2 seats for the front row and 3 seats for the 2nd row.

You guys in CHch?

16. Post

Light dawns on dunder head just realized you're up in the hills. Yea in Chch down in the flat part.

17. Post
    GeneralZod wrote:

Light dawns on dunder head just realized you're up in the hills. Yea in Chch down in the flat part.
    Yeah up in Westmorland

18. Post
    The beast that'll drive everything (for now, will look at a couple Emotiva amps at a later date)

19. Post
    Exciting. I bet you are keen to plug everything in and get going!

My wife and I bike up there sometimes (RIP legs). So many new builds going on.

20. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Exciting. I bet you are keen to plug everything in and get going!

My wife and I bike up there sometimes (RIP legs). So many new builds going on.
    Yeah it's hard sitting and waiting. But, I've waited 10 years to get the dedicated room, I can wait another couple of months to get it finished.

We see cyclists going by all the time, you've probably biked past us and I've waved out to you (I've made it a mission to wave it everyone that looks as they go past. Super awkward when you can see the master bedroom and the bed from street level and I sit up in bed to wave at people :-D

21. Post
    kopkiwi wrote:
    We see cyclists going by all the time, you've probably biked past us and I've waved out to you (I've made it a mission to wave it everyone that looks as they go past. Super awkward when you can see the master bedroom and the bed from street level and I sit up in bed to wave at people :-D
    Hah, we've been a bit chicken to get out lately in the cold, but i'll remember to wave next time.
    We will be the only ones on nice road bikes NOT in lycra...

Did you say what screen/tv/projector you were going with?
    I have had a 106" fixed elitescreen sitting in the garage waiting, but I'm thinking I might just go with a ~86" TV now.

22. Post
    MoNk wrote:
    Hah, we've been a bit chicken to get out lately in the cold, but i'll remember to wave next time.
    We will be the only ones on nice road bikes NOT in lycra...

Did you say what screen/tv/projector you were going with?
    I have had a 106" fixed elitescreen sitting in the garage waiting, but I'm thinking I might just go with a ~86" TV now.
    Haven't landed on a projector yet. New Epson 9500 sounds like a fantastic projector stacked with features and I should be able to get for under $5k. I can get staff pricing through Sony too, so the new 570 is an option. I like the JVC N7 but the price might exclude that. Screen wise I'll look at a 133" 2.35:1 curved screen.

23. Post
    YOLO'd a new TV after pondering the idea a while back. Older model so the price was right. 75" Sammy, replacing a 60" Sammy. Seating positions and screen settings to be fine tuned. Enjoying the extra realestate and the smart functions are a lot faster than previous TV.

Name:  tv.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  233.9 KB

24. Post
    Good spot between the two windows you got ample space, I have the same set up between windows buy only able to fit a max 55 here.
    What model you get?

25. Post
    Great pick up there. Fills the space nicely. Great wall for it.