Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 26 to 50 of 635

  1. Post
    #26
    dat Heroes

    when blizz rolls out a $1m tournament at a future blizzcon i can see ppl getting 'interested'

  2. Post
    #27
    $kud wrote:
    blizzard are pretty good at coming into current markets, taking over, then completely dominating them. this game won't be an exception
    There's no way in hell blizzard are going to even break into HoN territory numbers with this game. The MOBA genre is done, dota and LoL are the kings and there isn't much you can offer in the MOBA genre that hasn't been already been in those two games.

  3. Post
    #28
    To those that don't believe that Blizzard have stupid huge pull with just their brand alone really are underestimating them.

    As long as the game is good it'll get a huge player base, with F2P, Blizzard quality and a popular genre it'll be a hit, no doubt about it.
    Will it beat LoL and DotA in terms of numbers? Not any time soon maybe in a few years if they can keep it up, but it'll blow HoN out of the water with their current numbers.
    I know I'll try this game, but if it uses the same net code as Sc2, I don't think I'll be able to handle the lag any more after playing with 50 ping on LoL Oceanic.

    My bet is it'll be closer to LoL to keep the 'casual' feel rather than DotA's more traditional hardcoreness, I'm just wondering will they keep the same map as well.

  4. Post
    #29
    Cloudywolf wrote:
    To those that don't believe that Blizzard have stupid huge pull with just their brand alone really are underestimating them.

    As long as the game is good it'll get a huge player base, with F2P, Blizzard quality and a popular genre it'll be a hit, no doubt about it.
    Will it beat LoL and DotA in terms of numbers? Not any time soon maybe in a few years if they can keep it up, but it'll blow HoN out of the water with their current numbers.
    I know I'll try this game, but if it uses the same net code as Sc2, I don't think I'll be able to handle the lag any more after playing with 50 ping on LoL Oceanic.

    My bet is it'll be closer to LoL to keep the 'casual' feel rather than DotA's more traditional hardcoreness, I'm just wondering will they keep the same map as well.
    I also imagine that hardcore supporters of Blizzard games,SC2,WoW and Diablo will at least give this game a try as it uses heroes from each of these games.
    So I might play the game just so I could play my fav SC2 character,likewise with a hardcore WC3 player.
    It wont take over LOL or Dota2 but im guessing that if they don't completely screw things up they should get a fairly large player base.at least in the beginning.

  5. Post
    #30
    Too little too late. The only thing coming from Blizzard I'm interested in is Hearthstone... and maybe a new Warcraft. Diablo 3 was a bitter disappointment. They've lose their touch.

  6. Post
    #31
    I think somehow they're going to make an easier game than League of Legends

    Sorry I mean 'accessible'

  7. Post
    #32
    Bt wrote:
    I think somehow they're going to make an easier game than League of Legends

    Sorry I mean 'accessible'
    Even potatoes can play.

  8. Post
    #33
    maybe Blizzard anticipated that the community would dub Blizzard All-Stars as Balls?

  9. Post
    #34
    beta sign up

    http://www.heroesofthestorm.com/en-us

    those vids look pretty sweet as well

  10. Post
    #35
    De-emphasising last hits and decreasing the match length sounds interesting, much more interesting then EA's "I guess the towers regenerate....thats better right?" approach.

  11. Post
    #36
    bang ya dead wrote:
    De-emphasising last hits and decreasing the match length sounds interesting
    in dota we call this "easy mode"

  12. Post
    #37
    Bt wrote:
    I think somehow they're going to make an easier game than League of Legends

    Sorry I mean 'accessible'
    An 'easier game than League of Legends' is still going to be one of the hardest games to play online.

  13. Post
    #38
    Well, it's Blizzard, I'm still gonna try it out.

    At least this time I wont feel like I've wasted my money after a few weeks.

  14. Post
    #39
    Watched a video of a developer game from blizzcon and it looked really good, the same old dota gameplay but a lot of different ideas being put in. I was surprised how good it looked.

  15. Post
    #40

  16. Post
    #41
    Shorter games is a pretty attractive feature. If they can nail down 15-20 minute games I will stop playing Dota completely.

  17. Post
    #42
    kransky wrote:
    Shorter games is a pretty attractive feature. If they can nail down 15-20 minute games I will stop playing Dota completely.
    yep thats the thing I hated about LoL...games took way too long.
    silviaderrrrrp - caution: contains ill-informed and scurrilous poppycock

  18. Post
    #43
    That video did absolutely nothing for me. The golemn idea looks stupid

  19. Post
    #44
    Looks interesting. I like that the team levels together, well that's the impression I get from that video.

  20. Post
    #45
    Sebly wrote:
    I like that the team levels together
    Didn't think Blizz could simplify moba any more but theyve done somehow. terrible idea I feel

    That and dropping items. The whole point of moba is ricing and getting ahead, they've lost the plot

  21. Post
    #46
    Bt wrote:
    Didn't think Blizz could simplify moba any more but theyve done somehow. terrible idea I feel

    That and dropping items. The whole point of moba is ricing and getting ahead, they've lost the plot
    ...and regardless you'll still be playing a few dozen hours of the game at minimum. We know you, bro.

  22. Post
    #47
    Bt wrote:
    Didn't think Blizz could simplify moba any more but theyve done somehow. terrible idea I feel

    That and dropping items. The whole point of moba is ricing and getting ahead, they've lost the plot
    Oh noes! Its not identical to DOTA/LoL therefore Blizzard have lost the plot!

  23. Post
    #48
    I'm surprised that there hasn't been a post where Bang ya dead spooges himself over the inclusion of Nova.

    EDIT: Just watched cinematic trailer. Yeah, it was a crime that Nova never got her own game. I hate Blizzard for being such a shitty company to consumers, but if they rebooted Ghost, I would buy it.

  24. Post
    #49
    Signed up for beta, looks good
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

  25. Post
    #50
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    ...and regardless you'll still be playing a few dozen hours of the game at minimum. We know you, bro.
    This is true, can't go wrong with Blizzard games they are always immaculately made and on the flip side I praise them for trying to be innovative.

    Privoxy wrote:
    Oh noes! Its not identical to DOTA/LoL therefore Blizzard have lost the plot!
    If you don't get why individual levels for champions and items are a huge deal to the MOBA genre then I forgive you because only players who invest lots of time in MOBAs would understand.

    Taking items and individual champion levels from a MOBA is like taking FOV perspective and guns out of an FPS, it rarely works out well.