Blizzard's Heroes of the Storm

Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average.
(11 votes)
Results 51 to 75 of 635

  1. Post
    #51
    Scatter_D wrote:
    Signed up for beta, looks good
    Pretty much this.

    There are some controversial design elements as Bt points out (and valid areas of concern). But I'm willing to try it out and see how it is. if it doesn't work out, I won't play it.

    I do like the 20 minute target game length time. I'm a casual player of Lol/dota 2 (Play like 2-3 games every couple of weeks casual) and each time I play there is the big "do I have 50 minutes to spare" fight going on in my head.

  2. Post
    #52
    Looks like League of Legends with HoN graphics, awful.

  3. Post
    #53
    Bt wrote:
    This is true, can't go wrong with Blizzard games they are always immaculately made and on the flip side I praise them for trying to be innovative.
    Is this true anymore after the debacle that was D3 and the reasonably middling reaction to the SC2 expansion?

  4. Post
    #54
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Just watched cinematic trailer. Yeah, it was a crime that Nova never got her own game. I hate Blizzard for being such a shitty company to consumers, but if they rebooted Ghost, I would buy it.
    One of us! one of us! one of us!

  5. Post
    #55
    Valeo wrote:
    Is this true anymore after the debacle that was D3 and the reasonably middling reaction to the SC2 expansion?
    the quality of their games are still there, the reason people didn't like it was due to boring customisation in D3 which I'm sure they improve in the D3 expac. Also the campaign in HotS was really good.

    So I hear they're taking out items in game?? I can't help but feel like Blizzard ate just removing more and more options from things like taking out any form of chat in HS, I can't help but feel like they cater far too much towards the casuals. I'm sure their games can be more fun but they're too busy chasing after market share instead of those who grew up with them.

  6. Post
    #56
    That actually looked pretty good. Much different than LoL/Dota. I'm not too worried about the team leveling together part but what's up with the items?

  7. Post
    #57
    There is a pretty obvious gap in the MOBA market, for mine - one that is accessible. I feel like if I sit down to play a DOTA or a LoL then i'll be ripped to shreds within a couple min. Don't be surprised to see Blizz go that route.

  8. Post
    #58
    Valeo wrote:
    There is a pretty obvious gap in the MOBA market, for mine - one that is accessible. I feel like if I sit down to play a DOTA or a LoL then i'll be ripped to shreds within a couple min. Don't be surprised to see Blizz go that route.
    You could play vs AI on LoL it's pretty chill.

    Because unless they remove chat from HotS too than you will be torn to shreds by people as people are dickheads.

  9. Post
    #59
    Valeo wrote:
    Is this true anymore after the debacle that was D3 and the reasonably middling reaction to the SC2 expansion?
    To be honest I still smashed out 250 hrs on D3 and enjoyed the HOTS expansion, so its definitely 'worth the money'.

    Its probably my own fault but I rely on their games keeping me entertained for years after D1 and D2, WC2 and 3 and early WoW but thats kinda dropped off.

  10. Post
    #60
    Cloudywolf wrote:

    Because unless they remove chat from HotS too than you will be torn to shreds by people as people are dickheads.
    They very well might. IMO these games would be better without chat.

  11. Post
    #61
    Valeo wrote:
    There is a pretty obvious gap in the MOBA market, for mine - one that is accessible. I feel like if I sit down to play a DOTA or a LoL then i'll be ripped to shreds within a couple min. Don't be surprised to see Blizz go that route.
    yeah that is not gonna change sorry, the issue here is not the game really but the fact that the internet hates noobs. There are very few games , pvp competitive ones, which do not have a dickhead elitist anti noob element that i am aware which have a broad and accessible appeal. You get much more friendly atmosphere in niche games not MOBAs or RTS etc

  12. Post
    #62
    hell in sc2 you get abused for beating someone <_<

  13. Post
    #63
    Shinlock wrote:
    hell in sc2 you get abused for beating someone <_<
    BULLSHIT ****ING PATCHterran/zerg/protoss YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE I WASN'T TRYING. **** YOU BRONZE LEAGUE ****ER!

  14. Post
    #64
    I think most pvp online games would suck less if you could disable all chat.

  15. Post
    #65
    bang ya dead wrote:
    BULLSHIT ****ING PATCHterran/zerg/protoss YOU ONLY WON BECAUSE I WASN'T TRYING. **** YOU BRONZE LEAGUE ****ER!
    *sniff* thats it.

    ahh the memories.

  16. Post
    #66
    Bloody wrote:
    yeah that is not gonna change sorry, the issue here is not the game really but the fact that the internet hates noobs. There are very few games , pvp competitive ones, which do not have a dickhead elitist anti noob element that i am aware which have a broad and accessible appeal. You get much more friendly atmosphere in niche games not MOBAs or RTS etc
    Sorry - but I've been playing CS a lot again; and even that community (renowned for hating on newbs and general douchebaggery) doesn't compare to the vitriol that spews out of the MOBA community.

  17. Post
    #67
    Moba's are the worst due to the time commitment - it's not like an FPS where you can just drop map and go somewhere else.

    I play dota 2 a lot, it's not to bad if you know what you're doing and have a hsitroy (1000+games :X) \, but i shudder on the few games I've had queued with a brand new friend - no wonder none of them keep at it.

  18. Post
    #68
    CODChimera wrote:
    That actually looked pretty good. Much different than LoL/Dota. I'm not too worried about the team leveling together part but what's up with the items?
    Much different? It looks like Dominion mixed with the 3v3 map. I'm pretty sure I even saw Garen and Vayne in the video.

  19. Post
    #69
    Haha yeah one of them reminded me of Vayne as well.

    And yes, at this point I think it's safe to say that this will be a very different MOBA to LoL/Dota.

  20. Post
    #70
    should do a footman wars mode, would be boss

  21. Post
    #71
    Valeo wrote:
    Sorry - but I've been playing CS a lot again; and even that community (renowned for hating on newbs and general douchebaggery) doesn't compare to the vitriol that spews out of the MOBA community.
    errm CS is a niche market nowadays in the FPS market ?

  22. Post
    #72
    Eagle32 wrote:
    I think most pvp online games would suck less if you could disable all chat.
    this,the kents in DOTA are annoying

  23. Post
    #73
    Watching this on twitch now.Looks like a lot of fun

  24. Post
    #74
    Where's my beta key?

  25. Post
    #75
    limited beta.