1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post

3. Post
    well, if they continue to eat the same gruel we feed them, why worry ?

4. Post
    He has a good point, it's just like people who only really enjoy yearly sports games.

5. Post
    Strange article to me,if you hold a controller in yours playing on a games console or pc every night for at least 2-4 hours,that to me is a gamer. A limited gamer if you only play cod,but a gamer none the less. Activision should watch what they say here,that is kind of offending if you look at it from a certain way? You could say that Actision are a one trick pony because they copy and paste the same game every year? Bet they would not like that? Last thing they wanna do is offend their fan base. Stupid statement IMO.

6. Post
    If they only play COD games, they are still gamers. There are different types of gamers eg. hardcore gamer, casual gamer, pro gamer, retro gamer and possibly newbie.

Extracted from wiki, there is also another type of gamer known as a core or mid-core gamer. This is a player with a wider range of interests than a casual gamer and is more likely to enthusiastically play different types of games but without the amount of time spent and sense of competition of a hardcore gamer. The mid-core gamer enjoys games but may not finish every game they buy, doesn't have time for long MMO quests.

7. Post
    It's completely reasonable for people who occasionally play games to choose not to be identified as "gamers". Why people feel the need to enforce such a subjective term on others to begin with is beyond me.

8. Post
    This is not news.

It has been the long held belief of the gaming community.

Good to see the company admit it.

9. Post
    Col.Burger wrote:
    This is not news.
    True. Yet has more action than other pieces of actual news.

10. Post
    Why are they stating the obvious? To me it sounds like they're just making up any shit story to get more advertisements for ghosts when the preorder numbers are lacking behind gta v despite the promise to beat it.

And for anyone wanting to know the diffrence between casual cod gamers and hardcore I'll explain.

Back in 2007/8/9 I was playing cod4 on PC.

In total I spent around 2,000 hrs or more playing cod4.
    For many days at a time I would spend almost all my free time back in 2007 playing.
    I wasn't always in servers playing, I spent a heck of a lot of time playing local maps to learn the map, learn new spots, learn nade tactics, practice tactics with team mates, adjusting settings and tweaking the configs. I was doing this because I loved the game and enjoyed finding interesting spots on the map out of the usual and also because I was practicing for a competitive cod4 ladder with my team mates. Then into 2008/2009 when mods became popular I spent quite a lot of time playing zombie mods and other fun mods - played just about everything that cod4 ever had to offer.

That is what hardcore is. These days I play black ops 2 by spending 2-3hrs a month playing, I just jump in a random server, kill some noobs, then leave. That is what casual is and that is what most cod players are.

When you are hardcore this what you can do:

The skill level in that video is far, so very far above what the casual console player offers.

11. Post
    skill aside, that was an appalling video. Its like watching an ADHD kid during a epileptic fit.

12. Post
    I got a seizure half way through, when Im fully recovered Ill watch the other half

13. Post
    mexi001 wrote:
    If they only play COD games, they are still gamers. There are different types of gamers eg. hardcore gamer, casual gamer, pro gamer, retro gamer and possibly newbie.

Extracted from wiki, there is also another type of gamer known as a core or mid-core gamer. This is a player with a wider range of interests than a casual gamer and is more likely to enthusiastically play different types of games but without the amount of time spent and sense of competition of a hardcore gamer. The mid-core gamer enjoys games but may not finish every game they buy, doesn't have time for long MMO quests.
    Yes i would consider myself mid core... I have no issue with people who only play COD they are gamers to what i hate is when these same people turn around and try to have an opinion on gaming or comment how a new game looks like crap compared to COD how can you have an opinion when all you know is copy and pasted tripe.

14. Post
    Lol people that play snake on old nokias are more gamers than COD Noobs

15. Post
    i wonder why no one uses this

its awesome

16. Post
    Many Call of Duty developers aren't developers, they're copy n pasters

17. Post
    Nothing i hate more than COD kiddies