Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Can't run COD at native 1080p @ 60 fps, bahahaha

Xflop One = Fail

3. Post
    Bit of a bad start not only for the X1 but also for such a popular game series.

4. Post
    Pre-order changed.

5. Post
    LOL. Seems the XBone is more than a little flaccid. MS continues to disappoint.

Seriously why the **** would you make a console now that cant even manage to run @ native HDTV resolution? Utterly idiotic.

6. Post
    Seems they should've called the thing "Xbox 720" after all

7. Post
    Lol, this has been rumored for ages but its still funny to hear it confirmed. WTF were MS thinking when they built this console?

8. Post
    I don't really think this is going to effect console sales much. The vast majority of CoD players probably won't even notice, and will just get the console that all their friends are getting.

It is pretty silly though.

9. Post
    tbh idk why people are blaming MS and the X1? makes no sense this is clearly the fault of infinity ward as they made the game not MS. it's more their fault for not learning the ropes quick enough

10. Post

11. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    tbh idk why people are blaming MS and the X1? makes no sense this is clearly the fault of infinity ward as they made the game not MS. it's more their fault for not learning the ropes quick enough

Yeah umm its an x86 machine as is the PS4 and the PC. Two of those run at 1080p (at least) and one doesnt. Its not IW, its the undercooked hardware. The differences between the 3 as far as how the engine will operate are virtually zero. The difference is the power of the hardware. Dont comment on things you clearly dont understand.

12. Post
    cryocore wrote:

Yeah umm its an x86 machine as is the PS4 and the PC. Two of those run at 1080p (at least) and one doesnt. Its not IW, its the undercooked hardware. The differences between the 3 as far as how the engine will operate are virtually zero. The difference is the power of the hardware. Dont comment on things you clearly dont understand.
    heres a tip copy/paste doesnt work for this as the internals arent exactly the same

13. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    heres a tip copy/paste doesnt work for this as the internals arent exactly the same
    Dont comment on things you clearly dont understand.

14. Post
    sigh, ok lets use some LOGIC shall we? wii-u is confirmed capable of running 1080p 60fps games and there are upcoming games that are confirmed to run at that, now by default this should mean that the X1 is also capable of such a feat right? (any answer other than yes will mean you seem to think wii-u is more powerful than X1 which we both know it isn't) so if the machine is CAPABLE of it, but the games that come out don't reach it it means that the middle man (developer) doesn't know how to for the system

15. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    Look sparky your ignorance here is annoying enough for me to school you a bit.

Both the XBone and PS4 are running identical architecture. Meaning that processes, calls, and functionality are virtually identical (much like the difference between two similar yet different PCs).
    The engine COD uses will be EXACTLY the same for both machines, and its the ability of the hardware to process and render the calls made by the engine that make the difference. So it CANT be the fault of IW here as its their engine and it works fine at 1080p on two of the three platforms without an issue meaning thats its the deficiency of the XBone that's the problem. The hardware of XBone and PS4 is identical when it comes to HOW it operates. Its the fact that the XBone is a weaker machine that controls how WELL it runs. Do you blame the developer for making a game that PC gamer A cant run at full spec while PC Gamer B can? No you blame the sub-par hardware of the machine.

Operationally the 2 consoles are the same. One just happens to sport lower spec parts. Although neither are what can be called cutting edge in any way. This is not like the difference between 360 and PS3 or XBox and PS2 where the hardware and architecture were distinct.

16. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Look sparky your ignorance here is annoying enough for me to school you a bit.

Both the XBone and PS4 are running identical architecture. Meaning that processes, calls, and functionality are virtually identical (much like the difference between two similar yet different PCs).
    The engine COD uses will be EXACTLY the same for both machines, and its the ability of the hardware to process and render the calls made by the engine that make the difference. So it CANT be the fault of IW here as its their engine and it works fine at 1080p on two of the three platforms without an issue meaning thats its the deficiency of the XBone that's the problem. The hardware of XBone and PS4 is identical when it comes to HOW it operates. Its the fact that the XBone is a weaker machine that controls how WELL it runs. Do you blame the developer for making a game that PC gamer A cant run at full spec while PC Gamer B can? No you blame the sub-par hardware of the machine.
    your example falls apart when developer A can do something on inferior hardware that developer B can't on superior hardware

17. Post
    LOL. Really give me one example of this. Please.

I'm sure that IW could get COD to run @1080p but I also bet it would have to lose a lot of texture detail to do it hence why they decided to go lower res in order to keep the texture detail up.

18. Post
    cryocore wrote:

what? Forza 5 1080p 60fps, NBA 2K14 1080p 60fps on Xbox One says hi.

it's not that the hardware is not capable. the dev tools to utilize ESRAM was not up to scratch before. it is now but most launch games have gone gold already. I don't expect IW to modify it to make it native 1080p since new COD will launch again next year but I do expect DICE to do it since BF is usually 2 years.

first party titles have had access to XB1 and dev tools at much earlier point in time hence they had more time and experience to output to 1080p or better visuals atleast.

also BF4 on PS4 is 900p (why is it not 1080p?). third party devs got access to hardware much later than they would have anticipated. Xbox One is using a hardware scaler (Hana 2) to upscale from 720P to 1080P while PS4 is using DICE's software scaler to upscale from 900p to 1080P. If you look and compared BF4 shots between the 2 platforms, Xbox One version visuals are much sharper. DICE has already said that they are altering the build for Xbox One even now because they have access to the improved dev tools that interact with the ESRAM.

tl;dr multiplatform games will all look alike from 2014 when kinks in both platforms have been ironed out.

19. Post
    technoguy wrote:
    This is an apple. This is an orange. Lets compare shall we.

20. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    sigh, ok lets use some LOGIC shall we? wii-u is confirmed capable of running 1080p 60fps games and there are upcoming games that are confirmed to run at that, now by default this should mean that the X1 is also capable of such a feat right? (any answer other than yes will mean you seem to think wii-u is more powerful than X1 which we both know it isn't) so if the machine is CAPABLE of it, but the games that come out don't reach it it means that the middle man (developer) doesn't know how to for the system
    What an odd comparison to make. Cryocore didn't say that the X1 cannot run ANY games at 1080p 60fps, as obviously there is far more than resolution to be accounted for.

21. Post
    technoguy wrote:
    what? Forza 5 1080p 60fps, NBA 2K14 1080p 60fps on Xbox One says hi.

it's not that the hardware is not capable. the dev tools to utilize ESRAM was not up to scratch before. it is now but most launch games have gone gold already. I don't expect IW to modify it to make it native 1080p since new COD will launch again next year but I do expect DICE to do it since BF is usually 2 years.

first party titles have had access to XB1 and dev tools at much earlier point in time hence they had more time and experience to output to 1080p or better visuals atleast.

also BF4 on PS4 is 900p (why is it not 1080p?). third party devs got access to hardware much later than they would have anticipated. Xbox One is using a hardware scaler (Hana 2) to upscale from 720P to 1080P while PS4 is using DICE's software scaler to upscale from 900p to 1080P. If you look and compared BF4 shots between the 2 platforms, Xbox One version visuals are much sharper. DICE has already said that they are altering the build for Xbox One even now because they have access to the improved dev tools that interact with the ESRAM.

tl;dr multiplatform games will all look alike from 2014 when kinks in both platforms have been ironed out.
    http://vr-zone.com/articles/microsof...ngs/60679.html

Only two titles that Albert Penello looked in to are 1920 x 1080p on Xbox One (removing Co Ghosts as that has been confirmed 720p in this article.) All but one PS4 title he looked into are 1080p.

“Basically, what I see is that Sony’s first party games are all 1080p. Our games are a mix. And of course you mix inconsistencies on framerates where both KI and Forza are 60fps, DC and Knack are 30, and Killzone is a mix.
    Unfortunately I can't seem to find the thread where you posted this info.

The point is this goes both ways, where Sony have 1080p, MS went for 60fps. Personally I'd rather 1080p (native for my TV) than the higher refresh rate (if the refresh rate is stable.)

The thing that gets me with this announcement MS obviously paid Activision a wedge of cash to use Xbox One as the 'announcement' platform, yet this seems on paper to be the inferior platform.

22. Post
    They may have the same x86 architecture but how they build the motherboard and how you access the power from the console differs between Sony and MS platforms.

Also we do not know if ms drivers are up to scratch right? That to can have an effect. Looks like Xbox one is bit harder then sony platform to program for. Considering the amount of platform its developing for, they ran out of time for the xbox one version.

Funny thing to see everyone saying Xflop fail ,, when most people have forgotten about the ps3 at launch and how the multiplatform games looked horrible in comparison to xbox 360 with unplayable frame rate. Not only frame rate but resolutions were considerably lower , texture detail, pics were blurry , lots of screen tearing and so on.

We all know down the track the multiplaform gameswill become identical. At least this time around Xbox one games have playable framerate and looks good with just resolution difference. Over time, much like teh ps3,, the difference will be gone and it will be identical. Just look at ryse. That looks much better then COD and has way more detail then COd. Clearly its not underpowered as it competes with KZ and infamous. They just didn't have time an are not as talented as Crytek studios or even Guerilla games.

23. Post
    ^ Dear God, can someone please translate what it just said?

24. Post
    dane007 wrote:
    I too have no idea what the hell I am talking about. I forget that MS and Sony are working in partnership with AMD and "drivers" are irrelevant to the development of fixed platform software. I also have no idea what multi-platform is. I also cant grasp that unlike ANY previous generation we have two platform that are operationally identical, and therefore can be directly compared regarding performance and presentation. Ignore me I actually dont know what I am talking about.

25. Post
    DW wrote:
    What an odd comparison to make. Cryocore didn't say that the X1 cannot run ANY games at 1080p 60fps, as obviously there is far more than resolution to be accounted for.
    This, and comparing Forza to COD is pointless as they are completely different. Meshes and textures for Forza will be lower and with far less variety, not to mention the number of polys on screen at any one time will be much lower for Forza AND there is a lower outlay required for AI, Animations, particle effect, etc.