Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    Thrilling..

3. Post

4. Post
    New models and animations actually sounds pretty cool.

5. Post
    Stimpy thinks you're dumb

6. Post
    Intradasted

7. Post
    Boost to 90 and play.... hmmmmm i've got one of each class sitting at 80 just cbf levelling anymore.

8. Post
    Interesting. I won't hold my breath, considering the state the game is in right now, but at least the expansion seems interesting.

9. Post
    Meh

10. Post
    nothing in this makes me excited for this xpac at all.
    and holy crap, its only 8 years late.
    "Capes are now animated using bones to flow more naturally." from a list of points on mmo-champion

11. Post
    so this will be the final expansion? they said a while back they would stop making expansions after level 100

12. Post
    “Players will need to scour this unwelcoming land in search of allies to help build a desperate defense against the old Horde’s formidable engine of conquest – or else watch their own world’s bloody, war-torn history repeat itself.”

ie. "Please kill 50 Draenor boars"

13. Post
    $kud wrote:
    so this will be the final expansion? they said a while back they would stop making expansions after level 100
    I doubt it. Story wise it seems far too dull for that.

14. Post

15. Post
    New level cap, new models.
    Blizzard has also promised Zones, Dungeons, Raids, Scenarios, Battlegrounds, and more.
    Day 1 purchase for sure.

16. Post
    Far out this games still going?

17. Post
    the Level cap is not a problem, anyone who played can get to 100 easily, it the the other grind ( the faction etc ) which takes far more time

18. Post
    Teabagz wrote:
    Boost to 90 and play.... hmmmmm i've got one of each class sitting at 80 just cbf levelling anymore.
    Its for one toon only.

19. Post
    It sounds more interesting than Pandaria was anyway. Garrisons are cool. Itemization and UI QoL changes are good. Less focus on daily quest/faction grind at cap is well overdue. And new content is fun.

I doubt it will bring back lapsed players but I could care less about sub numbers tbh.

20. Post
    $kud wrote:
    so this will be the final expansion?
    Doubt it, not after resetting development of their next MMO. They'll probably want to keep as much of the WoW cash flowing as possible with expansions until the new MMO is ready.

21. Post
    WoW was originally planned to end at level 100, that's why to draw out the number of xpacs blizzard starting using 5 level xpacs, but it appears they've now scrapped that idea and want to make many more xpacs, hence going back to the 10 level xpac model.

22. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    WoW was originally planned to end at level 100, that's why to draw out the number of xpacs blizzard starting using 5 level xpacs, but it appears they've now scrapped that idea and want to make many more xpacs, hence going back to the 10 level xpac model.
    not sure what you mean by end at level 100, they had planned to run Titan along side world of warcraft not replace it.

23. Post
    morph1ne wrote:
    not sure what you mean by end at level 100, they had planned to run Titan along side world of warcraft not replace it.
    back in 2006 an internal document was released, the document provided draft expansion pack names and character range levels, it indicated that level 100 would be the end and the main story type of each xpac has been so far most correct in prediction.

Obviously blizzard has drifted away from its plans, the document from 2006 said this new xpac would be the burning legion/return to outlands. It got half of it correct.

24. Post
    In 2006 Titan wasn't even started - so any confirmed plans they had around titan would supersede a document that old :P

They've done remarkably well all-round really. Many companies plan great things - and the game dies in 6 months. Still - won't be enough to drag me back though - would need an entire new game.

25. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    back in 2006 an internal document was released, the document provided draft expansion pack names and character range levels, it indicated that level 100 would be the end and the main story type of each xpac has been so far most correct in prediction.

Obviously blizzard has drifted away from its plans, the document from 2006 said this new xpac would be the burning legion/return to outlands. It got half of it correct.
    oh, your not talking about that hoax list are you? havnt kept up with WOW for years, so have no idea. was devasted that this list was a hoax.