Preacher [AMC] (Use SPOILER tags when talking about the comics)

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Episode 2 had some hilarious moments. I think this show has a lot of promise

2. Post
    Yeah I enjoyed it, looking forward to the next.

3. Post
    I'm trying to get a feel for how the show is actually going to work in terms of seasonal plot structure, but it's entertaining enough that just putting the 3 leads into a room to shoot the shit for an hour would be watchable.

4. Post
    First episode was rather hard to follow. Enjoyed it though.

5. Post
    I didn't pick up the irish guy was supposed to be a vampire in the first episode, I wandered about the holy water in the airplane, and got that he drank blood to heal but didn't put it together for some reason.

I know nothing about the setting or anything so no idea if there was supposed to be vampires etc.

6. Post
    ^Yeah same. I'm enjoying the show alot more after ep 2 now that have more of an idea what is going on.

7. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    I didn't pick up the irish guy was supposed to be a vampire in the first episode, I wandered about the holy water in the airplane, and got that he drank blood to heal but didn't put it together for some reason.

I know nothing about the setting or anything so no idea if there was supposed to be vampires etc.
    what about when he caught on fire at the end of the episode ... ?

8. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    what about when he caught on fire at the end of the episode ... ?
    I don't remember this.

You're ****ing with me. This didn't happen.

9. Post

10. Post
    Oh yeah, thought he was just some bad ass demon type dude... Lucifer or something maybe

11. Post
    I thought he was a demon as well lol . He was like calling the devil on the phone and stuff
    I think its because he doesnt have vampire teeth

Ep 2 was alright...

12. Post
    i wonder if he ever tried sunscreen and see how it went

13. Post
    Watched first ep last night, it was not was I was expecting after seeing the trailer (also knowing nothing about the story). Looking forward to EP2

14. Post
    This show is off its head! I love it. I thought it was a bit too silly at first, but it has dragged me in by the end of the first ep.

15. Post
    Its really dragging on isnt it

16. Post
    It has been renewed for a 13-ep season 2, but it needs to do some work to really capture the zeitgeist.

17. Post
    That episode was awesome, loved the entire thing.

18. Post
    Aye. Latest ep was strong.

19. Post
    That fight in the motel room was brilliant.

20. Post
    Hell yeah was an awesome ep!! The show's really starting to hit its stride

21. Post
    as a reader of the original comic i am glad this is not a copy but rather an general re-imagining of the comic. There was too much monologue in the comic and frankly of the art and angles were kinda meh. The series however seems to be too cramped tho, too muhc compacted jump back and forth between story threads. I understand that the creators need to get viewers hooker asap but i wish they slow down a little.

22. Post
    Mancubus wrote:
    That fight in the motel room was brilliant.
    Loved that scene, so comical. Was surprised how long it went for.

23. Post
    That was easily the best episode so far, just much more focused.

24. Post
    Damn shit's gonna go down next week!! So what's the deal with Kincannon or whataver his name is? Is the effect of that Genesis thing only temporary and it wore off on him or was he immune from the start & just pretending he was going to become a christian when Jesse used Genesis on him?

25. Post
    Ins0mn1ac wrote:
    So what's the deal with Kincannon or whataver his name is? Is the effect of that Genesis thing only temporary and it wore off on him or was he immune from the start & just pretending he was going to become a christian when Jesse used Genesis on him?
    I want to know this too...or maybe he still thinks he's serving God?

Anyway, another good ep, it's a bit concerning though that only Cassidy ever actually seems to be aware of all the weird shit going on...like when you have a drug addled vampire being the voice of reason, maybe Preacher isn't your best calling lol....it was good to see Jesse finally realise what he'd done though, even if it was just pointlessly digging up the floorboards...