EB just 'cancelled' my pre-order.

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post
    Order placed early Aug.

Just received an email:

"Are you geared up for the next generation of gaming? The PlayStation 4 is almost here!

Due to the world-shattering popularity of the PS4, there’s unfortunately not enough consoles to fill all preorders on November 29.

What does this mean for you? Your preorder is scheduled to be a part of the PlayStation 4 console delivery we are expecting in early 2014."

I knew I shouldn't have used EB.

F(*& those guys. I particularly love the 'Playstation 4 is almost here!' intro before telling me I'm not getting one.

-------------------------------------------------------------

29-11-2013.

Well... what a cracking day it's been. Due to the actions of a self-confessed 'lurker' on these forums... a man who I will now only refer to as 'The Thezez' (The-The-Says???) and with absolutely no f*&^% help from EB, I enjoyed my first 'Day 1-launch'.

For those only just joining the story, at the top of page 2 of these thread, you'll see the gentleman in question, selflessly, donated his day one pre-order spot with mighty ape to me, as he was going to be unable to afford the console. He did this, because in his words he wanted to see someone get it 'who really wanted it'. As a lurker, I had to be very circumspect about taking offers from Strangers, but Thezez did something that put me in complete control of the process, in turn putting his trust in me that I wouldn't stiff him. Suffice to say I won't say exactly what, because it's probably against the T&C of MightyApe.

Thezez - It's been a great day. I was circling my living room like a crazy man this morning, and generally feeling like I was about 14 again (I'm 36 before you lot ask).

I really thank you from the bottom of my surge protector (uck) and you should know that as soon as I can hit up Moore Wilson on Monday lunch (purveyors of your much sought-after Moa Noir - 'Dark and Acceptable to all palates - the Will Smith of Beers') I'll be sending a 6 your way, and hope that at some point in the future I can return the favour.

Till then, I'll attach some photo's - I don't think I can attach them on edits, so I'll put them in the current last page (page 3).

Bless ya Mate. You're a GC.

2. Post
    That's f**king pathetic man Real sorry to hear that. You should ring and complain and not to some poor soul on the front counter, get it escalated to their Head office.

3. Post
    Wow that sucks. You place an order to make sure you get it on time and they still shaft you. Did you lay down a deposit or anything? I would be cancelling and going else where

4. Post
    Yeh, have done.

My pre-order still, up until cancelling it just a few minutes ago 'estimated for delivery on 29/11/2013'.

The best I got from them was 'sorry for the misunderstand', and 'It did say reserve your place in the queue'.

I pointed out that my order gave me my place in the queue as launch day, but that doesn't seem to matter.

5. Post
    I thought they stopped preorders for launch day release at late july/early aug, I went in bout mid July cause they where saying preorders where almost up for the PS4 in I didn't want something like that happening to me.

But yeah that does suck & I wouldn't be happy either if I ordered in they said sweet, then right near launch they said no... As it would of been still possible to find a different place to order a PS4 in early Aug and pretty much guarantee a console.

6. Post
    Methesda wrote:
    Yeh, have done.

My pre-order still, up until cancelling it just a few minutes ago 'estimated for delivery on 29/11/2013'.

The best I got from them was 'sorry for the misunderstand', and 'It did say reserve your place in the queue'.

I pointed out that my order gave me my place in the queue as launch day, but that doesn't seem to matter.
    That is terrible.

They should have known how many units they had been allocated. Raise hell with them man, post on their FB/Twitter and other social forums.

There are some other places that have shipments coming in before Christmas is you switch you Pre-order or you could try Amazon.

7. Post
    Playing devils advocate here, I though most places were sold out or damn close to by August. So I'd have thought any order at around that time would be hit and miss until the stores knew actual numbers coming in.

Trust me I feel for ya, I really do. As it is the chances of finding one now are slim to none. Unless you wanna pay scalper prices on TM next weekend.

Best of luck.

8. Post
    Methesda wrote:
    What does this mean for you? Your preorder is scheduled to be a part of the PlayStation 4 console delivery we are expecting in early 2014."
    That is pretty rough. Especially when other retailers had some pre-order stock

9. Post
    Oh.. You didn't actually get pre-order you got the reserve a place in the queue if people who pre-order don't pay up?

Well that's a different story.

10. Post
    To all those playing devil's advocate, as Chicken says, sure...

But the only reason I placed the order with those guys was because they had 'estimated shipping on 29/11/2013'. I guess 'estimated' covers there asses, but why tell me only one *** week before the launch?

I've been getting so psyched, believing that this was true - I'm going to be a Dad (kid num. 2) in February (which will kinda take up a lot of my time), and you gotta love the Xmas time off, not to mention the obvious thing that these kind of launches don't come around every month. I was really looking forward to be part of it this time, for the experience.

At least if I'd known that I wasn't going to get it, I'd know where I stood, but I have it on my order 'estimated shipping date 29/11/2013'. I have the bloody countdown on my firefox favorites for gods sake. My work buddy next door and I took annual leave off together to enjoy it (he order one week later than me, and from Warehouse!)

As if we don't know, EB doesn't care about this sort of thing. I'm sure they'll be rubbing their hands with glee over the capital boost, and the huge amounts of money they're going to make off of second hand Knack re-sales.

11. Post
    Methesda wrote:
    To all those playing devil's advocate, as Chicken says, sure...

But the only reason I placed the order with those guys was because they had 'estimated shipping on 29/11/2013'. I guess 'estimated' covers there asses, but why tell me only one *** week before the launch?

I've been getting so psyched, believing that this was true - I'm going to be a Dad (kid num. 2) in February (which will kinda take up a lot of my time), and you gotta love the Xmas time off, not to mention the obvious thing that these kind of launches don't come around every month. I was really looking forward to be part of it this time, for the experience.

At least if I'd known that I wasn't going to get it, I'd know where I stood, but I have it on my order 'estimated shipping date 29/11/2013'. I have the bloody countdown on my firefox favorites for gods sake. My work buddy next door and I took annual leave off together to enjoy it (he order one week later than me, and from Warehouse!)

As if we don't know, EB doesn't care about this sort of thing. I'm sure they'll be rubbing their hands with glee over the capital boost, and the huge amounts of money they're going to make off of second hand Knack re-sales.
    Maybe you can score a walk in at one of the other stores?

Sounds pretty shit, they should have informed you earlier.

12. Post
    Just pay very very very close attention to trademe the following days after launch, some people actually genuinely resell back at the retail price unopened because they change their mind. I've seen it happen a few times before.

And yeah as subculture says, some retailers hold back a few for walk ins... which I think is wrong, because wouldn't pre-orders be priority?

13. Post
    One other thing to consider, ALL retailers may be getting short changed now too. So Methesda may have had one of the last original EB Games batch pre-ordered. But with the faults that have surfaced in the last week, Sony NZ may have held 5% (guestimated) back from pre-order stock to ensure they have enough spare stock to replace a potentially higher than anticipated failure rate. This bump in warranty stock may have then bumped his order in to the 2nd shipment.

That would explain why you've been informed so late.

14. Post
    Chickenman wrote:
    One other thing to consider, ALL retailers may be getting short changed now too. So Methesda may have had one of the last original EB Games batch pre-ordered. But with the faults that have surfaced in the last week, Sony NZ may have held 5% (guestimated) back from pre-order stock to ensure they have enough spare stock to replace a potentially higher than anticipated failure rate. This bump in warranty stock may have then bumped his order in to the 2nd shipment.

That would explain why you've been informed so late.
    I think they only took full payment for the consoles this week so I think he might have not got the confirmed pre-order stock but the queue for the pre-order cancellations.
    Didn't they do that? They were still taking pre-orders after everyone had sold out.

15. Post
    I honestly don't know. My guy that used to manage a couple of stores up here has been working for MS since about February.

16. Post
    Just want to clarify, you placed a pre-order for a launch day unit, did you put down a deposit?

If that's the case and they threw you out of the queue then EB are seriously screwing you around.

Wonder if anyone else has had that email from EB?

I'm waiting on an email from the Warehouse re their bundles, still waiting, lets hope they don't have similar news to yours.

17. Post
    Yes I did. Fifty dollar deposit, received an order confirmation with aforementioned shipping date.

18. Post
    The way they kick off the email with "Are you geared up for the next generation of gaming? The PlayStation 4 is almost here!" is ****ing hilarious.

Not that I'm laughing at your situation, that sucks big time but just that they thought this would be a good way to kick off the email and then crushing you with the news that your order is cancelled.

19. Post
    Ain't it priceless?

In my head the whole email is read by that crazy sounding voice on the in-store PA that does the offers announcing.

20. Post
    Methesda wrote:
    Ain't it priceless?

In my head the whole email is read by that crazy sounding voice on the in-store PA that does the offers announcing.
    What do the T&C say on the pre-order slip?

21. Post
    I'm in the same boat, but I only need to wait for mid Decemberish. Also with EB but in aus.

22. Post
    Subculture wrote:
    What do the T&C say on the pre-order slip?
    I don't have a 'pre-order slip' Sub. I ordered online, and received an order confirmation with some information about processing on it, but otherwise, nothing that I would describe as legally binding T&C, nor any link to such.

There is link to Order history, where the order is now listed as cancelled.

I have a paper copy of that order screen, and it's on that I've got quoted the delivery date, which whilst i was on the phone to EB was still true.

23. Post
    Methesda wrote:

"Are you geared up for the next generation of gaming? The PlayStation 4 is almost here!

Due to the world-shattering popularity of the PS4, there’s unfortunately not enough consoles to fill all preorders on November 29.

that is seriously the shittest thing ever.

'Hey that ps4 that you pre ordered months ago? Like all your friends did? Been watching all the unboxing videos? Can't decide which game to play first? Can't wait to unbox it on launch day, boot it up and even invite that jealous little punk from next door over even though you hate him but secretly just want to rub it in that you got one?

WELL: **** YOU coz you have to wait LOL'

Crazy, man. **** em.

edit: just read CM's post.. yeah unfortunate n stuff but the way that the email explained it was the living definition of the word ANTICIPOINTMENT.

24. Post
    Methesda wrote:
    I don't have a 'pre-order slip' Sub. I ordered online, and received an order confirmation with some information about processing on it, but otherwise, nothing that I would describe as legally binding T&C, nor any link to such.

There is link to Order history, where the order is now listed as cancelled.

I have a paper copy of that order screen, and it's on that I've got quoted the delivery date, which whilst i was on the phone to EB was still true.
    BURN THAT SHIT DOWN!

25. Post
    I sit next to Methesda at work, and all we have talked about since E3 is PS4. Literally.

Now only I will enjoy that day one unboxing.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last