BigPipe Broadband

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 2,626 to 2,646 of 2646

1. Post
    There's a new deal where if you sign 12 month contract you get 3 months free. Also, gigabit price has dropped to $109.

2. Post
    Stasis wrote:
    Been with 2degrees since they were snap, only hiccup I had with them was when my current address connection was hijacked by another company trying to provision the neighbours lol
    Also with 2d, havenít had any issues at all. On their gigabit plan.

Seems like very stable low ping gaming to Aus. Downloads speeds are very reasonable even during peak hours.

3. Post
    nightshadow wrote:
    There's a new deal where if you sign 12 month contract you get 3 months free. Also, gigabit price has dropped to $109.
    Considering it is already $10 cheaper than that with Slingshot, and I got 6 months half-price on a 12 month contract, it is still a bit meh.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 26th December 2018 at 5:40 pm.

4. Post
    Slingshots cheaper mang but since I can get "FibreX' cheaper still for Gigabit I stay with them

5. Post
    How are the 200m plans on Bigpipe theres a special on for canty folk are the speeds as they should be?

6. Post
    No problems here.

7. Post
    I'm on the 200mb plan, its pretty good.

something something PM for my referral link something

8. Post
    200mb plan as well. Pretty good. I wish they did offer a 200mb up and down plan like they do with the 100. Would suit me well since I have all my work uploading to onedrive.

9. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    200mb plan as well. Pretty good. I wish they did offer a 200mb up and down plan like they do with the 100. Would suit me well since I have all my work uploading to onedrive.
    The thing is Chorus charges Bigpipe the same amount for 200/200 and 1G/500, so you're not going to save money buying the 200/200.

10. Post
    Hey guys just in the process of shifting from Slingshot to Bigpipe as we're moving into our new place in Waterloo, Lower Hutt.

Slingshot would've been okay, except their ping to sydney have been abysmal - 50-100ms on VDSL/wired.

So with Bigpipe, is the service similar to Spark? I have no issues with Spark in Auckland at the parent's house. They're on 900/400 and seems to be humming along fine.

I spoke to their chat service yesterday and they said that bigpipe does CG-NAT. If I purchase static IP, will I still have CG-NAT issues?

Ta.

11. Post
    bigpipe is just spark under a different name (used to be a spark ventures thing but they have absorbed it back in house), they use the exact same network.

yes bigpipe use cgnat, if you purchase a static IP you won't have cg-nat issues

e: I wouldn't recommend using bigpipes dns servers - last time i tried they were flaky as, use google or cloudflare

12. Post
    Abo wrote:
    bigpipe is just spark under a different name (used to be a spark ventures thing but they have absorbed it back in house), they use the exact same network.

yes bigpipe use cgnat, if you purchase a static IP you won't have cg-nat issues

e: I wouldn't recommend using bigpipes dns servers - last time i tried they were flaky as, use google or cloudflare
    Bigpipe is using the same network as Spark now: they don't have CGNAT or their own DNS servers anymore.

13. Post
    Just upgraded from 100Mbps to 1000Mbps. Haven't seen any change in speeds.

Bought a new CAT6a cable and connected PC directly into the ONT. Still no improvement.

Is there anything else I can change/test or do I just need to wait for BigPipe support to respond to my ticket?

14. Post
    Might still be waiting on Chorus / Enable to flick the switch. They are the ones that determine your line speed.

15. Post
    BigPipe confirmed Chorus changed it over on Tuesday. Pretty poor support response from them. I guess that's what I get for going with an ISP with no phone number.

16. Post
    I've been with them for ~2.5 years. Support isn't as quick as a phone call no, but I haven't had to wait too long for responses in the past. Wouldn't surprised me if Chorus changed someone else at your exchange to 1Gb TBH.

17. Post
    Told BigPipe I have tried connecting directly to the ONT. Their support responds with a template suggesting I try connecting directly to the ONT.

Is there another top tier ISP that offers no contract, no modem?

18. Post
    That Spark offer for a $480 tv is that available for Bigpipe customers too?

19. Post
    And the answer is.......

no.

20. Post
    Were did you even see that offer?

21. Post
    Bit late to reply offer was snapped up in minutes. Mate posted it on fb.

https://www.spark.co.nz/shop/internet/sony-tv-offer/