BigPipe Broadband

Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.
(5 votes)
Results 2,651 to 2,667 of 2667

1. Post
    Completely agree. Absolutely 0 reason to not be on fibre.

2. Post
    Just a heads up. In waterloo, lower hutt and getting some shit speeds with BP
    https://beta.speedtest.net/result/8486847075

Not sure what's going on there but there we go.

on gigabit fiber

3. Post
    Undefineed wrote:
    Just a heads up. In waterloo, lower hutt and getting some shit speeds with BP
    https://beta.speedtest.net/result/8486847075

Not sure what's going on there but there we go.

on gigabit fiber
    Are you plugged directly into the ONT when you are getting those speeds?

4. Post
    Bigpipe, did you break the connection to youtube? Can't get anything to play.

5. Post
    teelo7 wrote:
    Bigpipe, did you break the connection to youtube? Can't get anything to play.
    Mines working fine, what DNS you using? ( using 1111/8888 )

6. Post
    Switched to google dns and its going now.

7. Post
    can u guys plss help me choose the fibre plan? i play some games casually online, watch netflix. i do stream quite a bit so fast load times for that would be good but i dunno if i need more than 100Mbps download as its already an upgrade from my current vdsl connnection. my wife does quite a bit of work through teamviewer to connect to her work comp so fast connection for that would be a bonus too. does the upload speed matter much? shall i get that 100/100 plan or is it more worth it to get the 200/20? is 20Mbps upload speed enough?

8. Post
    I work from home and also play online and use Netflix at 4k. I downgraded from 950/550 to 200/20 (as I wasn't even close to utilising that much bandwidth by myself) and I've have barely noticed the difference. It will be more than enough for teamviewer, the added download speed will probably be of more use than the upload.

I'd only bother with the 100Mbps upload if she uploads a lot of large files regularly.
    Last edited by HELL KNIGHT; 6th September 2019 at 9:56 am. Reason: typo

9. Post
    Thank you for ur reply, sounds like 200/20 is the winnah! Gonna sign up tonight

10. Post
    You can probably try 100/20, if it's not enough you can upgrade. Check with them of course. I have 200/20 with bigpipe (due to chch deal) and the only time I max it out is downloading. Netflix etc wouldn't come close. I'm often gaming while the better half is on Netflix, haven't had issues. Didn't have issues with 100/20 either though, so that's why I'm floating that idea, if you want to save a few bucks. Both options will smoke your old connection.

PM if you want referral code, we both get $20 credit from memory.

11. Lightbulb
    Or you could PM me for my referral code

12. Post
    i totally would do that but im already a big pipe customer, ive been with them since day 1 :'(

thanks again though i have signed up!

13. Post
    Stupid question, if I were to change to *a new provider* here in Dunners (cos my gigabit plan is about to end), do I jsut signup with bigpipe or do I have to rring 2 degrees to let them know I am switching provider? Its so stupid but iver always gotten broadband fresh at a flat and never changed provider.
    Last edited by Ballistica; 13th September 2019 at 4:52 pm.

14. Post
    Often they have a notice period, so it would pay to call 2 degrees and ask what that is. Have seen 28 days.

15. Post
    Yep, just ring up you current ISP and and give them a months notice, then when signing up to Bigpipe online you can select what date you want it changed over on.

16. Post
    Note that you should sign up with the new provider before giving cancellation notice with the old provider: if the old provider puts in a cancellation order with Chorus, etc. it can block the new provider from placing a switch order.

17. Post
    Have been with BigPipe for 4 years with no issues. Moving house soon so it's a good opportunity to shop around. BigPipes 3 months free sounds like a good deal, but does anyone have any other suggestions?

Will probably go for max speeds, but could go for a 200-500max connection.