How to make an Amazon Digital purchase.

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 2 of 8 First 12345 ... Last

1. Post
    So Amazon UK has just launched it's PSN Digital StoreUK.

It is currently in BETA so not many games as of yet.

2. Post
    Subculture wrote:
    So Amazon UK has just launched it's PSN Digital StoreUK.

It is currently in BETA so not many games as of yet.
    Is the UK store part of EU in terms of PS+ memberships?

3. Post
    Yes and No

Some games can be language specific so it is best to stick with UK...

4. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Hey mate, did you try this? Did it work?

I want to use my US account to buy cheap games, then play them on my PAL account. This is possible, right?
    I haven't tried it yet but theoretically, it should be possible on the PS3 as the same process works with DLC. Can't speak for the PS4 as I don't have one. I'd recommend you buy something cheap like this first and just test the waters.

Also, is the Vita store new? Didn't see that before.

5. Post
    Thanks for the detailed instructions!

I have gone through all the steps and added a Youshop address. When trying to buy a PSN gift card however, I am not allowed because my credit card billing address is still my NZ address. Are the instructions implying that it is the billing address that must be changed, not just the delivery address? If so, won't the transaction bounce because my card won't be tied to the Youshop address?

6. Post
    Yeah I followed the instructions and set myself up at PSN (US version) and Amazon but it won't let me purchase with a NZ credit card (just tried for the first time as I got a PS3 today). Has something changed at Amazon?

7. Post
    Ahh it may be an Amazon thing. Some companies require the first purchase through them to be 'shipped' to the billing address. After that you should be sweet. For example I purchased Tomb Raider from Amazon for PC yesterday no problem at all, and have purchased AC 4 US Digital Code for PS3, US wallet funds and AC 4 seasons pass fine. These weren't my first orders though.

Try making a Pre order using your NZ billing address details, that will ping your card and all should be gravy (you don't get charged now, at time of shipping you do, so you can cancel it) I'd preorder Destiny, this way you'll get access to the BETA too . Then try the US address purchase.

Let me know how you get on.
    Last edited by Chickenman; 27th December 2013 at 10:05 pm.

8. Post
    I knew there was a reason i kept my american friends address in my amazon, ive been using her address for my billing address, seems new mexico doesnt have sales tax, and if they ever queried it she does actually live there too..

9. Post
    c_v_magee wrote:
    Yeah I followed the instructions and set myself up at PSN (US version) and Amazon but it won't let me purchase with a NZ credit card (just tried for the first time as I got a PS3 today). Has something changed at Amazon?
    When you use your NZ credit card, did you use the YouShop address as your billing address?

10. Post
    Nork22 wrote:
    When you use your NZ credit card, did you use the YouShop address as your billing address?
    Ahhhhh, thanks. I tried it again this morning, using my NZ credit card but that address, and I'm now the proud owner of Bioshock for $9.99.
    Excellent.

So, alternatively, to buy directly from US PSN we just purchase PlayStation Store Gift Cards from Amazon then?
    Last edited by c_v_magee; 29th December 2013 at 9:20 am.

11. Post
    Yes... Directly from PSN you need to buy Gift Cards from Amazon.

12. Post
    Ok thanks, that's all really helpful.
    One other question - is there any connection between having a US PSN account and the 'Adrenaline Pack' code in Gran Turismo (which came with the disc) not working? That's the only code I've tried so far that doesn't seem to be accepted.

13. Post
    c_v_magee wrote:
    Ok thanks, that's all really helpful.
    One other question - is there any connection between having a US PSN account and the 'Adrenaline Pack' code in Gran Turismo (which came with the disc) not working? That's the only code I've tried so far that doesn't seem to be accepted.

Chickenman wrote:
    Now whilst the PlayStation 4 is region unlocked for games (you can play any game from any country on any console from anywhere in the world) ALL digital content is region locked to the digital content’s originating store. It covers ALL digital content too, so that is DLC, PS+, and digitally purchased titles for example. So simply, if you buy a digital game from Amazon US, you need to redeem this game on a US PSN account, all DLC purchased for this game needs to be purchased from the US PS Store. If you buy a disc copy of a game from Amazon US (a collector’s edition for example) any DLC for that game needs to be purchased/redeemed on a US PSN account. A PS+ sub from Amazon US is region specific to the US Store only. At this point I should mention, that ANY user on the PlayStation 4 this content is redeemed on has full access to the content, this includes but not limited to, playing the game in singleplayer, or even certain benefits from a PS+ membership such as online multiplayer. So if like me you don’t want to get rid of 8 years worth of gaming history on your NZ account you’re covered.
    Yes. The DLC is region locked to the location of the disc/base game. So if you bought GT6 locally the adrenaline pack needs to be redeemed on a NZ account. If GT6 came from the US (Amazon/US PSN or Disc/Digital) the adrenaline pack will need to be redeemed on a US account.

14. Post
    Ah right I see (sometimes I need to read this a few times before it sinks in, it's all new to me).
    So can I set up a NZ PSN account and also have that on my PS3, and use it for DLC where I have purchased locally?

15. Post
    Yes.

On my PS3 I have my main NZ account, and accounts for US, HK, UK. This way I was able to access demos etc from out of region and use them on my main NZ account.
    Last edited by Chickenman; 29th December 2013 at 8:21 pm.

16. Post
    Awesome, that worked perfectly. Thanks a lot ;-)

17. Post
    Wow this is cool, thanks Chickenman. Just DL'd Flower as a test and worked perfectly and can access it from my NZ account.

One question; I can't determine how big the DL is on Amazon's site. I'd like to know if NBA2k14 or Gods Amongst Us will wipe out my datacap before I purchase :/

18. Post
    Check on PSN Store for their download sizes.

19. Post
    As Subculture said, check the PS Store prior to purchase for the DL size.

20. Post
    Sweet, 22 gbs + $41 for Injustice ain't so bad. DLing

21. Post
    Probs a bit late now, but also check the price comparison between the PS3/PS4 version on the upgrade compatible games. In some cases it's cheaper again to buy the PS3 version, then pay the $10 upgrade to get the PS4.

22. Post
    Black Plague*** wrote:
    Will wait for version 1.2 to drop
    oh hai! You need to get yourself a PS4 now!

Version 2.0 as there has been a major addition:
    Edit version 2.0 changelog: Added FAQ covering bullet points. If you want anything else added, ask in the comments below.

23. Post
    This thread is about amazon so felt like sharing this amazing thing! As it might prove beneficial for you guys I bought my PSP from Amazon and came across this thing!
    Here's a suggestion for you! Click Amazon Coupons

24. Post
    Hey.. Ultrastreetfigher 4 is being released in a couple of weeks as a DLC extension to the normal superstreet fighter 4 game but only in USA but not NZ. I downloaded a digital copy of ssf4 from my nz psn into my PS3 about 6 months ago. Just checking If the USA DLC for ultra street fighter will work on my NZ Digital Ssf4 copy or will I have to download the US Streetfighter 4 digital copy in order for the upcoming DLC to work. Cheers.

25. Post
    No. US DLC won't work on NZ games. So in order to play this DLC you will need to repurchase the base game from US PSN.

You will still be able to play the US game on your NZ account, but your save won't be compatible so you'll need to start again.