How to make an Amazon Digital purchase.

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 51 to 75 of 196

  1. Post
    #51
    Chickenman wrote:
    No. US DLC won't work on NZ games. So in order to play this DLC you will need to repurchase the base game from US PSN.

    You will still be able to play the US game on your NZ account, but your save won't be compatible so you'll need to start again.
    Cheers. I will need to create a USA account., however I dont know anyone in the US. Can I create a fake US address and will I have to assign my credit card to the fake address?
    Last edited by Nork22; 23rd May 2014 at 11:42 pm.

  2. Post
    #52
    Ultrastreetfighter4 wrote:
    Cheers. I will need to create a USA account., however I dont know anyone in the US. Can I create a fake US address and will I have to assign my credit card to the fake address?
    don't have to make a fake one nor know anyone from the USA. you may want to re-read the original post by Chickenman as he mentions the use of YouShop to help serve this purpose.

    quoted the relevant section
    With the three tabs open, go through and fill them out, I would start with the Youshop one first. This will then give you a US address. This US address is needed to purchase Digital Content through Amazon. This Digital Content cannot be purchased by an international address!

    Now that you have your US address, go to Amazon and sign up there. Once you have set up your Amazon account, go in to My Account, and enter your Youshop address. It is worth noting, that you don’t have to have a Youshop address for this part, any made up US address will work. However, any physical purchase (collectors editions for example) later on will possibly get sent there, so best to play it safe!
    Last edited by Nork22; 23rd May 2014 at 11:42 pm.

  3. Post
    #53
    Ultrastreetfighter4 wrote:
    Cheers. I will need to create a USA account., however I dont know anyone in the US. Can I create a fake US address and will I have to assign my credit card to the fake address?
    You can have a fake address. Use this:

    1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20500

  4. Post
    #54
    As funny as The White House would be, Washington DC, isn't tax free. Where as Oregon (You shop depot) is.

  5. Post
    #55
    Chickenman wrote:
    As funny as The White House would be, Washington DC, isn't tax free. Where as Oregon (You shop depot) is.
    I do it for people who don't read what you wrote up.
    Oh may as well mention why you would want to use the Youshop address or make mention of US taxes.

  6. Post
    #56
    Nork22 wrote:
    I do it for people who don't read what you wrote up.
    Oh may as well mention why you would want to use the Youshop address or make mention of US taxes.
    Ahh, that's fair enough then.

    Oh and I thought I had:

    Thankfully, Oregon (the state that the Youshop depot is in) is a Sales Tax Free state.

  7. Post
    #57
    OK. I think I need to adjust my glasses.

  8. Post
    #58
    Anyone been able to make an account recently? I've been trying to make a US account for a couple days now but being greeted with a generic 'Unable to create account at this time' error.

  9. Post
    #59
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    Anyone been able to make an account recently? I've been trying to make a US account for a couple days now but being greeted with a generic 'Unable to create account at this time' error.
    Are you using an email address already assigned to a PSN id? Each account needs a unique email address.
    Last edited by Chickenman; 19th June 2014 at 12:18 pm. Reason: damn autocorrect.com!

  10. Post
    #60
    No I made a new gmail account just for this purpose, it won't let you submit the request with an existing email

  11. Post
    #61
    Well I have a trick which I'm not sure if it's already mentioned in this thread but anyway might be worth putting int o the sticky.

    WIth gmail accounts, you can use dots in your email address to make it appear like a unique email account to most places however the placement of the dot is irrelevant to google mail servers, it will end up at the same place.

    Eg. lets say my email is gpforumboy123@gmail.com , i could sign up 5 psn accounts and the emails would all end up in the same place
    1. g.pforumboy123@gmail.com
    2. gp.forumboy123@gmail.com
    3. gpf.orumboy123@gmail.com
    4. gpfo.rumboy123@gmail.com
    5. gpfor.umboy123@gmail.com
    .. and so on, it's a very handy thing with gmail, not sure if it was by design or not but there you go

    If you don't believe me, test it out. Send an email to yourself putting in random dots into the email. Just don't have two dots in a row "g..pforumboy123@gmail.com" will NOT work

  12. Post
    #62
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    No I made a new gmail account just for this purpose, it won't let you submit the request with an existing email
    Hmm very strange. It seems my link in OP isn't working at the moment.

    Follow this link here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store click 'Create Account' button on the top right of the screen.

    I now have 2 US accounts

  13. Post
    #63
    mr2bot wrote:
    Well I have a trick which I'm not sure if it's already mentioned in this thread but anyway might be worth putting int o the sticky.
    That's a neat trick.

    Wish I knew that before creating multiple Gmail accounts.

  14. Post
    #64
    mr2bot wrote:
    Well I have a trick which I'm not sure if it's already mentioned in this thread but anyway might be worth putting int o the sticky.

    WIth gmail accounts, you can use dots in your email address to make it appear like a unique email account to most places however the placement of the dot is irrelevant to google mail servers, it will end up at the same place.

    Eg. lets say my email is gpforumboy123@gmail.com , i could sign up 5 psn accounts and the emails would all end up in the same place
    1. g.pforumboy123@gmail.com
    2. gp.forumboy123@gmail.com
    3. gpf.orumboy123@gmail.com
    4. gpfo.rumboy123@gmail.com
    5. gpfor.umboy123@gmail.com
    .. and so on, it's a very handy thing with gmail, not sure if it was by design or not but there you go

    If you don't believe me, test it out. Send an email to yourself putting in random dots into the email. Just don't have two dots in a row "g..pforumboy123@gmail.com" will NOT work
    Actually I had seen this before, but hadn't thought to add in to the OP.

    Will now.

  15. Post
    #65
    Chickenman wrote:
    Hmm very strange. It seems my link in OP isn't working at the moment.

    Follow this link here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store click 'Create Account' button on the top right of the screen.

    I now have 2 US accounts
    Thanks that linked worked. Should be able to install Netflix when I get home

  16. Post
    #66

  17. Post
    #67
    SQ_Walrus wrote:
    Thanks that linked worked. Should be able to install Netflix when I get home
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store

    Why wait? Buy it now, the app will be installed by the time you get home!

    edit:

    Actually scratch that, it won't be on your console by the time you get home, you still need to assign the PSN ID to the console first.
    Last edited by Chickenman; 19th June 2014 at 12:32 pm.

  18. Post
    #68
    Chickenman wrote:
    https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store

    Why wait? Buy it now, the app will be installed by the time you get home!

    edit:

    Actually scratch that, it won't be on your console by the time you get home, you still need to assign the PSN ID to the console first.
    Hi Chickenman,

    Thanks heaps for the guide, have just set up my US account to take advantage of NBA 2K14 for US$33 on PS4!

    Just thought i'd bring to your attention that there is a deadlink on your first post. The URL on the following is broken, however it is correct in the above quote:

    Chickenman wrote:
    Hmm very strange. It seems my link for setting up the PSN ID isn't working at the moment.

    Follow this link here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...ystation-store click 'Create Account' button on the top right of the screen.
    Thanks again, very helpful.

  19. Post
    #69
    Fixed, cheers. Somehow in my cut and pasting last week, the link got reformatted. And I somehow hadn't checked it.

  20. Post
    #70
    So go to Amazon again and buy the DLC pack (if available) or wallet funds which are available in $10, $20, or $50 increments.
    Wouldn't it be better in some cases (i.e. if you have PS+) just to buy the wallet funds instead of the game itself from amazon so you can take advantage of US PSN discounts? The discounts for Amazon PS4 titles seem kinda non-existent.

  21. Post
    #71
    This was typed up in the days after the store was launched, and there were actually some really good deals for the digital titles. But unfortunately of late there have not been many, there have been some, but nothing like in the PC store.

    So yes, you'll find in most cases it is cheaper to buy wallet funds, and take advantage of the PSN sales. You'll just end up with change.

  22. Post
    #72
    BURN_BABY wrote:
    The discounts for Amazon PS4 titles seem kinda non-existent.
    Typical sales ploy. When you open up a new store, throw a discount party to get people in the door and buy stuff. After a week or month later, it's back to normal prices. You will see some great discounts come Black Friday and Xmas, and some occasional USA holiday specials. Won't surprise me if they throw a 4th of July special.

  23. Post
    #73
    With store codes how do the regions work? I assume its NA, Japan, Europe? Or is it more spread out into EU/UK/AUS/NA/Asia? Take TLOU1 edition from nzgameshop. It's probably a UK sourced copy so can the codes be redeemed on a NZ account or would we need a setupandforget UK account?

    http://www.nzgameshop.com/ps4-games/...ition-ps4-game

    Also for emails for you can do me+psnuk@gmail.com, me+psnna@gmail.com etc
    Last edited by P1n3apqlExpr3ss; 28th June 2014 at 7:35 pm.

  24. Post
    #74
    looking forward to 4th of july specials

  25. Post
    #75
    I gotta ask.
    How much is the shipping price for Youshop to send it to your local?