How to make an Amazon Digital purchase.

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    KIRBYTIME wrote:
    I gotta ask.
    How much is the shipping price for Youshop to send it to your local?
    To send what? This a digital download thread.

2. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    To send what? This a digital download thread.
    Sorry, I read through the start up guide and it told me to have a Youshop account with a US address. My guess was to ship things locally at some point.

3. Post
    KIRBYTIME wrote:
    Sorry, I read through the start up guide and it told me to have a Youshop account with a US address. My guess was to ship things locally at some point.
    There's no shipping invokved, you just need a US address and youshop is the easiest way of getting one.

4. Post
    KIRBYTIME wrote:
    KevinL wrote:
    There's no shipping invokved, you just need a US address and youshop is the easiest way of getting one.
    This. Amazon's distribution contract will likely stipulate they can only sell to US residents, and the easiest way for them to confirm residency is by only selling to customers that have a US 'billing' address on their account.

You don't have to use Youshop (as mentioned in OP), however, by the time you Google everything; States that are sales tax free, a complete address with post code in said state etc, you might as well just go to Youshop and set up an account. This way you can buy physical goods as well, and not just from Amazon.

5. Post
    Would this process work for say buying PC software as well?

I'm hoping to get a cheap copy of Windows 8 for my dad as he is buying a new computer. I have a copy of a retail version, I just need to buy a key for Windows.

6. Post
    Hmm I don't know actually. Theoretically yes, the problem might be if Window's itself is region locked, so may not work with your disc.

inb4 KevinL

7. Post
    KIRBYTIME wrote:

I'm hoping to get a cheap copy of Windows 8 for my dad as he is buying a new computer. I have a copy of a retail version, I just need to buy a key for Windows.
    If you want a key, just buy it from here.
    http://www.go2keys.com/

8. Post
    KIRBYTIME wrote:

$70 on Trade Me for windows 8.1 pro digital download from some new software retailer.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/computers/s...-764097318.htm

9. Post
    Can anyone confirm? Since me and my flatmate have each other's ps4 set as primary (for game sharing) this wont work unless we're buying something we don't want to share - Yes?

Since other users on my PS4 can't play my games as mine isn't set as primary for my account, and there's no way to set both as primary for the US account.

10. Post
    oddball wrote:
    Since other users on my PS4 can't play my games as mine isn't set as primary for my account, and there's no way to set both as primary for the US account.
    So you and a flatmate have 2 accounts on a single PS4 or two PS4's with 2 different accounts and a single US account?

11. Post

oddball wrote:
    Can anyone confirm? Since me and my flatmate have each other's ps4 set as primary (for game sharing) this wont work unless we're buying something we don't want to share - Yes?

If I understand your query correctly. You're screwed is the short answer.

Because you're the content owner you can play it on any console anywhere, as long as you're signed in to PSN. However, friends, flatmates etc won't be able to play the content as the console doesn't 'own' it. However, anything that your co conspirator flatmate owns, is fair game to anybody that powers up your console. Likewise though for your co conspirator.

You might be able to talk to him and on those rare occasions that you need your content for others swap the consoles account ownership. Likewise, it can go the other way too. It's a PITA for sure, but the benefits well out weigh the very few times it may be an issue.

12. Post
    I ordered a PS4 and Destiny from a NZ store, will I be able to setup a US account for the DLC content?

Is there a mark on the game to say if the disc in US or Asia-Pacific coded?

13. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    I ordered a PS4 and Destiny from a NZ store, will I be able to setup a US account for the DLC content?

Is there a mark on the game to say if the disc in US or Asia-Pacific coded?
    DLC is region blocked.

eg. If I buy Destiny in NZ I would need to use the NZ ps store for DLC. If I bought it from the US and used the NZ Ps Store it won't work. If I bought the game in NZ and bought DLC from the US it won't work either.

14. Post
    KIRBYTIME wrote:
    DLC is region blocked.

eg. If I buy Destiny in NZ I would need to use the NZ ps store for DLC. If I bought it from the US and used the NZ Ps Store it won't work. If I bought the game in NZ and bought DLC from the US it won't work either.
    Curious how they tell the difference, is there a region mark on the game case, like they have for DVDs then?

15. Post
    Ard Righ wrote:
    Curious how they tell the difference, is there a region mark on the game case, like they have for DVDs then?
    Sort of I guess? If you went to the US and brought your Destiny game you guys could play it on a US system. Same thing if a friend from the US brought a copy from the US to a NZ console.

16. Post
    Edit: Definitly has the '4' region code on the case
    Last edited by Ard Righ; 8th September 2014 at 2:39 pm.

17. Post
    Chickenman, I'm having reports of not being able to log in to Destiny. Having user generated content errors and the such.

18. Post

Odd. I'm online right this moment with no problem at all. Aside from the usual network error that Destiny seems to be prone to.

Obviously check the usual things, restore licenses, set to primary etc.

19. Post
    Can I buy digital games via UK amazon and redeem code using my NZ PSN account? since we use the UK store anyway I figured that'd work? not to keen to play around with different PSN accounts and regions, I'm sure it's fine (actually i know it's fine) but i just cbf dealing with multiple accounts tbh.

20. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    Can I buy digital games via UK amazon and redeem code using my NZ PSN account? since we use the UK store anyway I figured that'd work? not to keen to play around with different PSN accounts and regions, I'm sure it's fine (actually i know it's fine) but i just cbf dealing with multiple accounts tbh.
    It won't work. I am sure of it.

21. Post
    ah well, seems pretty crazy on their PSN store... 160 bucks for a "limited edition" lol, as a heavy steam user this just cracks me up.

guess I'll keep my "digital collection" limited and stick to physical games.

22. Post
    It's not that hard, you go to UK account on web/mobile or PS device, enter redeem code, download then play it on your main account.

23. Post
    So, I wanted to buy a US PSN gift card for my boyfriend in the States (since he lives there) and then send him the code. Could I do that with my Visa Debit card in NZ?
    Last edited by Nork22; 20th October 2014 at 9:19 pm. Reason: move to this thread. all your questions are answered here.

24. Post
    DominoLeigh wrote:
    So, I wanted to buy a US PSN gift card for my boyfriend in the States (since he lives there) and then send him the code. Could I do that with my Visa Debit card in NZ?
    Sweet! Youshop worked. Thanks!

25. Post
    Does buying PSN credit off Amazon still work? I've tried to buy one 3 times and it's been cancelled every time...