Stuff Mistake Thread

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 51 to 75 of 1324

  1. Post
    #51
    Could have spent the money that was wasted on the referendum on fireworks instead and got a more worthwhile result for new zealand.

  2. Post
    #52
    Bobs wrote:
    As an aside, did anyone go to that link and watch the Sky Tower fireworks "display". It honestly looks like they just popped down to the Warehouse and bought the $50 fireworks pack. NZ misses the trick when it comes to this stuff. Invest some money in a decent fireworks display (like they had for the RWC 2011) and since it's the first country to see the new year, it would get plastered all over the world news. Instead everyone just ignores it and focuses on Australia.
    What financial benefit will come out of this exactly?

  3. Post
    #53
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	229 
Size:	2.0 KB 
ID:	192512

    It was the sixth fastest.

  4. Post
    #54


    47 balls.

  5. Post
    #55
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff_mistake_bonanza.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	192513

    Lordy, that must be a record.

  6. Post
    #56
    KiwiJoe wrote:

    Lordy, that must be a record.

  7. Post
    #57


    When will someone stop these cliffs from taking unnecessary risks?



    I guess the lesson here is that we should be drinking more piss.

  8. Post
    #58
    Tony Cipriani wrote:


    When will someone stop these cliffs from taking unnecessary risks?



    I guess the lesson here is that we should be drinking more piss.
    Or don't listen to the police.

  9. Post
    #59
    Tony Cipriani wrote:



    I guess the lesson here is that we should be drinking more piss.
    That's a legit if old fashioned turn of phrase.

  10. Post
    #60
    GaR wrote:
    That's a legit if old fashioned turn of phrase.
    Yeah, not a mistake but I found the phrasing amusing.

  11. Post
    #61
    KiwiJoe wrote:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff_mistake_bonanza.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	102.0 KB 
ID:	192513

    Lordy, that must be a record.
    They've edited the article now, but have failed miserably in the process. "And now's here, with us" has become "And now's he here, with us".

  12. Post
    #62
    Amazing.

    Screen for posterity:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stuff.png 
Views:	290 
Size:	218.3 KB 
ID:	192523

  13. Post
    #63

  14. Post
    #64
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/95723...ake-phenomenon

    Just completely scientifically wrong. Continental rift event? "similar to Christchurch" the funk?

    Where the hell do these journos actually get their sources.

  15. Post
    #65
    thesurge wrote:
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/science/95723...ake-phenomenon

    Just completely scientifically wrong. Continental rift event? "similar to Christchurch" the funk?

    Where the hell do these journos actually get their sources.
    That's some terrible journalism, even by their standards :S

  16. Post
    #66
    Lights in the sky due to an earthquake? Explain.

  17. Post
    #67
    clockblock wrote:
    Lights in the sky due to an earthquake? Explain.
    The link's right there. Read Stuff's scientific analysis for all the answers you'll ever require.

  18. Post
    #68
    Summary - slip-strike quake was really moving in opposite direction creating a giant underground rift that ****s with electrons and makes quake lightning

  19. Post
    #69
    Premature fanboy-jaculation (title) by Stuff here (considering at the time sony hadn't even released their numbers):
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/ga...console-battle

  20. Post
    #70
    admartian wrote:
    Premature fanboy-jaculation (title) by Stuff here (considering at the time sony hadn't even released their numbers):
    http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/ga...console-battle
    Reuters /= Stuff.

  21. Post
    #71

  22. Post
    #72
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mlrld5a5.e2x.jpg 
Views:	273 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	192843

  23. Post
    #73
    Bobs wrote:
    As an aside, did anyone go to that link and watch the Sky Tower fireworks "display". It honestly looks like they just popped down to the Warehouse and bought the $50 fireworks pack. NZ misses the trick when it comes to this stuff. Invest some money in a decent fireworks display (like they had for the RWC 2011) and since it's the first country to see the new year, it would get plastered all over the world news. Instead everyone just ignores it and focuses on Australia.
    Second country. Samoa changed their time zone to GMT+13 (GMT+14 DST) so that they could claim to be first.

  24. Post
    #74
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	224 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	192857

  25. Post
    #75