Stuff Mistake Thread

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 1,326 to 1,349 of 1349

1. Post
    Not really a mistake but it made me giggle a little...

Caitlin Bates had been in the Mt Victoria house less than a month when she received notice from Huang that he would be starting work on a whole new house in her backyard in less than a week.
    Bates also earned money by livestreaming herself playing video games to fans over the internet, something that was difficult to do with noisy construction work going on in the background.
    Sure she's livestreaming games with name like Caitlin Bates... amiright? Am I?

2. Post
    Vulcan wrote:
    Sure she's livestreaming games with name like Caitlin Bates... amiright? Am I?
    Couldn't find a twitch channel, so I'd say you're right.

3. Post
    Wow NZH are really pushing their paid subscription.

I have no problem if they want to make the longer in depth articles premium but they're doing it with the short 5 second news articles and when 80% of the front page is paid articles it is just obnoxious.

I think Stuff is going to see an uptick in their traffic...

4. Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AE5436D5-D45E-4276-851E-657EAE7025CB.jpeg 
Views:	77 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	225999

5. Post
    They should've left it tbh.

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	34 
Size:	123.7 KB 
ID:	226207

6. Post
    Sometimes they get it right though

Name:	Capture.PNG 
Views:	41 
Size:	328.5 KB 
ID:	226246

7. Post
    Stuff can't even use a picture of the right Ball brother, even after quoting twitter of the Illawarra Hawks with a picture of the right person.

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	114.8 KB 
ID:	226399

8. Post
    Ummmmm...

Breeds of dogs known to have been involved in the attacks include a fox terrier, staffordshire bull terrier, bull terrier cross, labrador, shih tzu, American pitbull terrier and rottweiler.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/far...-near-hastings

9. Post

10. Post

11. Post
    So the real news article is that they have standards

12. Post
    Stuff standards have dropped so mich they put up a pic of my arse. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190719_202718_com.android.chrome.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	680.8 KB 
ID:	226781

13. Post
    https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/a...T0hIG333_N26mU

Not one of those 21 planes conducts skydiving ops in nz.

14. Post

15. Post

Name:	geldatgunpoint.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	226800

jesus christ stuff

Name:	jesuschrist.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	15.1 KB 
ID:	226801

16. Post
    Ahahaha that's one of the best.

17. Post
    um

Name:	Screenshot_20190722-173221.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	226809

18. Post
    teacup wrote:
    um

Name:	Screenshot_20190722-173221.png 
Views:	21 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	226809
    That's not a mistake

19. Post
    yeah that's not a mistake? that's just a dumb pun.

20. Post

21. Post
    Excellent journalism

Name:	lolnews.png 
Views:	27 
Size:	504.2 KB 
ID:	226923

22. Post
    Could one of you economy buffs please confirm this sentence by Stuff (https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/wor...rs--what-is-it)

"Investors are spooked by a scenario known as the "inverted yield curve," which occurs when the interest rates on short-term bonds are higher than the interest rates paid by long-term bonds.

What it means is that people are so worried about the near-term future that they are piling into safer long-term investments."

Shouldn't it be short-term there ?

23. Post
    Decent explanation:
    What moves yields in the market is the varying demands for securities of different maturities at a particular time and under given economic conditions. When the economy is heading to a recession, knowing interest rates are to trend lower, investors are more willing to invest in longer-term securities immediately to lock in current higher yields. This, in turn, increases the demand for longer-term securities, boosting their prices and further lowering their yields. Meanwhile, few investors want to invest in shorter-term securities when presented with lower reinvestment rates. With lower demand for shorter-term securities, their yields actually go up, giving rise to an inverted yield curve when yields on longer-term securities have come down at the same time.

24. Post
    Thanks, mb