Final Fantasy VIII Remaster now available on Steam

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post
    So keen for this, no more pixels n shit... should be a nice nostalgia hit for a few nights

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39150/

edit: derp, wasn't sure to post this in general gaming or the FF section, feel free to move

2. Post
    Why no more pixels?

3. Post
    Considering on the Ps1 back in the days, Squalls face was sometimes 3-4 boxes mushed together rofl

4. Post
    Keep it here. No one reads the FF board.

5. Post
    great game. I always thought 8 was highly underrated.

6. Post
    Magic Booster

When Magic Booster is used, the player’s inventory of the following spells is increased by 100:

Cure, Cura, Curaga, Fire, Fira, Blizzard, Blizzara, Thunder, Thundara, Sleep, Blind, Silence, Berserk, Bio, Esuna, Aero, Confuse, Break, Zombie

This feature can be used from the launcher.
    No Aura, SE pls disband.

7. Post
    Where does it say that it is remastered? It looks just like the original.

Rekuja wrote:
    Considering on the Ps1 back in the days, Squalls face was sometimes 3-4 boxes mushed together rofl
    That's the PS1 version, try out the PC version which has vastly superior graphics, sound and comes with Chocobo World.

8. Post
    I'm looking forward to playing this alongside FF7

Be sure to grab the sound packs!

9. Post
    Great game. Jammed it heaps back in the day.

Dat Odin to Gilgamesh scene.

It also had some really awesome cut scenes.

10. Post
    waiting for sales...

11. Post
    waiting for them to do IX, the best FF

12. Post
    IX was the most underrated tbh, fkn loved the characters in that game

13. Post
    Protip: Get it on Green Man Gaming at 20% off using the voucher code: GMG20-CV2W4-DSYBT {Note: This code expires TODAY.}
    http://www.greenmangaming.com/s/nz/...l-fantasy-viii/

14. Post
    Rekuja wrote:
    IX was the most underrated tbh, fkn loved the characters in that game
    Vivi reppin'

15. Post
    insta-bought, great game -b

16. Post
    slammed with xmas gifts, so broke right now.. not keen to spend money for this just yet lol, especially when I have heaps of other games to finish

Also, apparently the music is terrible, still using midis... they did the same thing for 7's re-release but changed the music after a few updates, hopefully they do the same for this.

17. Post
    It's not Final Fantasy 9 but this is still in my top 5 and I've already purchased it on Steam despite owning the physical PS copy.

Time for the nostalgia train.

18. Post
    KEEN. Now we wait for it to come down in price. I still have my PS1 copy on the shelf

Oh, and for them to patch out the stupid MIDI music with the brilliant PS1 score.

FF8 is still my favourite FF, despite it's many many flaws. It was bad and broken in so many ways, but I still loved it to bits. Especially the first disc man. Best part of the game

19. Post
    IN! Cheers for the headsup

20. Post
    AWESOME! thanks for posting this. I wouldn't have seen it for ages otherwise.
    I love Final Fantasy VIII enough that Ive been jamming it on my phone for the past couple of weeks.

also this (spoiler alert but super interesting read if you've finished the game)

21. Post
    What I'm really waiting for is FF X

22. Post
    I would be very surprised if we saw FF IX and X on PC as they never originally had a PC release where as VII and VIII did.

23. Post
    Sniper_X wrote:
    I would be very surprised if we saw FF IX and X on PC as they never originally had a PC release where as VII and VIII did.
    It's more wishful thinking for the best game of the Series to be released alongside its fellow PS1 era games on Steam.

Also I love that game to bits.

24. Post
    Never really dipped into VIII, quite keen to check this out in next year's steam sales

25. Post
    Whatever.