Better Call Saul [AMC]

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)

1. Post
    Will she die? Or just leave Jimmy you reckon?

2. Post
    Dying will be a bit extreme

3. Post
    Everytime she's driving I get nervous. That u-turn last episode ...

4. Post
    Just leave jimmy is my guess. There is a gulf between them, easy to see them splitting IMO.

5. Post
    This has probably already been mentioned, but Jimmy throwing the ball against the wall in Ep.4 was a reference to the movie Cool Hand Luke, symbolising his being stuck in a prison cell (the mobile store).

6. Post
    Thought it was just a general reference to being bored af.

7. Post
    ^If you'd seen Cool Hand Luke, and considering this show is replete with symbolism, you will have concluded that straight away.

8. Post
    The first 6 minutes of last week was a thing of beauty.

9. Post
    I thought it was a reference to the shining.

10. Post
    That was brilliant how they shut down the ADA, I was in hysterics when Jimmy was pretending to be the Church Priest or whatever.

That website

11. Post
    I'm up to six episodes, not enjoying this season as much. I guess the first ones shone with Chuck and Jimmy's relationship and Jimmy's various grifting shenanigans. That stuff was engaging.

Now we've got permanently po-faced Fring and Mike setting up an origin story for Walter White's P lab and Jimmy hocking phones to miscreants. I mean this is fan service surely, who really cares how it was built. I guess Kim is the star of this now, I'm more interested in her arc
    Last edited by Tormenta; 26th September 2018 at 12:32 pm.

12. Post
    clockblock wrote:
    I think it's a possibility that Jimmy's influence will gradually cause her to destroy herself.
    reblogging for posterity.

Tormenta wrote:
    I guess Kim is the star of this now, I'm more interested in her arc
    Kim is definitely the secret protagonist, but im still feelin jimmy.

13. Post
    Maybe Kim is actually still in the BB timeline, just behind the scenes?

Tormenta wrote:
    I'm up to six episodes, not enjoying this season as much.
    Really? Interesting, I'm finding it the best season so far. Maybe that is from BB fanboying

14. Post

15. Post

16. Post
    Gerter wrote:
    Maybe Kim is actually still in the BB timeline, just behind the scenes?
    motherofgod.jpg

17. Post
    Tormenta wrote:
    I'm up to six episodes, not enjoying this season as much. I guess the first ones shone with Chuck and Jimmy's relationship and Jimmy's various grifting shenanigans. That stuff was engaging.

Now we've got permanently po-faced Fring and Mike setting up an origin story for Walter White's P lab and Jimmy hocking phones to miscreants. I mean this is fan service surely, who really cares how it was built. I guess Kim is the star of this now, I'm more interested in her arc
    Kinda how I feel as well. I want more of Nacho/Lalo and less super lab/Gus. Same amount(or more) of Mike but just have him do more interesting things. Remember when he posed as an employee to find all the security flaws? That was fun.

Bell backstory was really unnecessary though.

18. Post
    It's as if Jimmy's cellphone store job is necessary to explain why he's got all the cellphones in his drawer in BrBa :/

19. Post
    Jimmy was a real bonehead

20. Post
    CODChimera wrote:
    Kinda how I feel as well. I want more of Nacho/Lalo and less super lab/Gus. Same amount(or more) of Mike but just have him do more interesting things. Remember when he posed as an employee to find all the security flaws? That was fun.

Bell backstory was really unnecessary though.
    I've quite liked the slow-burn tension build of the superlab/Gus storyline - shit just got interesting with that too. Always knew something was gonna go wrong, just expected it was gonna be that Kai dickhead going off the rails.

Liked how Jimmy put it to Kim about using their powers for good when they'd just used them to scam the bigger Mesa Verde branch out of the local council. What do you think her reasoning was for doing that after telling Mesa Verde boss it wasn't possible? Just so she can go "How good am i?!?!"? Or something else?

21. Post
    Well she can't exactly tell Mesa Verde what she's done.

22. Post
    No, but she can say she "pulled some strings" to make it happen - obviously can't tell them the exact truth, just something to indicate that she made it happen to make her look good.

23. Post
    I dont think she is conscious of her exact drives.

Her pro bono criminal court work might have been a search for renewed enthusiasm. That she was willing to move mountains for Jimmy and small-time felons is a telling juxtaposition against the boardroom scene at Mesa Verde when they broached filing for changes to the bank, here she was initially willing to do only minimal effort for her clients. It was only when it afforded her an opportunity to operate in an illegal way that she was excited to go the extra mile for Mesa Verde.

24. Post
    Right. So she enjoyed the thrill of all the Huell stuff so much she wanted another taste of it? Like the earlier seasons with them rolling 'Johns' in the bar?

25. Post
    Frederick James wrote:
    Right. So she enjoyed the thrill of all the Huell stuff so much she wanted another taste of it? Like the earlier seasons with them rolling 'Johns' in the bar?
    She took their "souvenir" tequila bottle top out of her desk draw and looked at it just before that scene with Jimmy, so yeah probably.