1. Post

Posts in this thread appear as comments on the following Gameplanet article:

Read article...

2. Post
    I almost agree, except on the innovation front. One core tenet of the KS campaign was it staying true to the adventure games of the 90's and to put it in as a negative without qualifying why it's like that seems disingenuous because that was ALWAYS at the core of the design. It would akin to marking down the game because it uses point and click mechanics, or is 2D. To me the mechanics were perfect, even if the puzzles were a FAR too easy, which is a shame as this was aimed at oldschool Adventure Gamers. I'd give it the same score, but becuase its too easy, too short, and far too limited in interaction.
    Last edited by ChrisB; 21st January 2014 at 2:15 pm.

3. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    even if the puzzles were a FAR too easy
    Walking dead easy or Broken Sword easy?

On a separate note I have been playing through the entire daedalic catalogue, Courtesy of humble bundle/Store and GOG, and while the earlier titles are quite rough (A new beginning, Whispered world, TDE:COS) the more recent titles like Memoria and Deponia3 are superb and stand up very well to some of the classics.

4. Post
    The puzzles were a little too obvious. I enjoyed playing through, but it felt a bit like the easy mode of Monkey Island II.

5. Post
    Mikos wrote:
    Walking dead easy or Broken Sword easy?

On a separate note I have been playing through the entire daedalic catalogue, Courtesy of humble bundle/Store and GOG, and while the earlier titles are quite rough (A new beginning, Whispered world, TDE:COS) the more recent titles like Memoria and Deponia3 are superb and stand up very well to some of the classics.
    Harder than WD by far, and easier than BS

6. Post
    KevinL wrote:
    The puzzles were a little too obvious. I enjoyed playing through, but it felt a bit like the easy mode of Monkey Island II.
    Watched the backer videos and Tim explicitly states that Act 2 puzzles will be more complex.

7. Post
    If you're a Kickstarter or slacker backer then check your email, you can play Act Two 24 hours early ahead of the release date. Humble Bundle mailed out Steam beta branch access codes.

8. Post
    Can confirm this, can't wait to start act 2, the cliffhanger from act 1 crushed me

9. Post

10. Post
    That text Eva, is raging of an intellectually impotent kid, and the top comment sums it up:

"I still think that this is slamming the game for not being what you imagined it would be. Which is not quite kosher."

I've finished the game tonight and, whilst difficulty ramped up to savage proportions, the story closed nicely.
    It was completely criss crossed with oh so subtle jabs at human society in general, while following main characters struggle. And references nailed it, just a complete experience.

I'm sad now that it's over.

P.S.
    I guess it's kinda understandable why some people are disappointed, they finished act 1 and had plenty of time to boil in presumptions and misinterpretation.