Page 11 of 11 First ... 891011

1. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    have you bought the game?
    I backed the game in 2014 on Kickstarter, so yes. Why are you asking?
    Last edited by EvaUnit02; 17th February 2018 at 3:22 pm.

2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I backed the game in 2014 on Kickstarter, so yes. Why are you asking?
    Just making sure if I play this in future, I can thank you for paying to BETA test

3. Post
    I directly funded the actual game development. You can thank me for helping to make the game exist at all.

4. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    I directly funded the actual game development. You can thank me for helping to make the game exist at all.
    comes around goes around

5. Post
    The game is far, far down on my "what to play next list". I don't really care about the current state that it's in, it'll probably all be fixed by the time that I get around to playing it.

Different situation from say a late PC port of a multi-platform game:-
    • There'll be only so much remedying sub-standard performance for a console game because of the weak, aged hardware in the console.
    • Console developers are reluctant to sacrifice visual fidelity in exchange for performance.

6. Post
    Vender would not sell to me. So broke into the back and stole everything.

Lost a duel to a random on the road. So knocked him out after the duel killed him and ended up with full set of armor.

A+ would be a **** again.

7. Post
    Lol this game

Users have found a simple command line that massively boosts performance

Type this into the console r_BatchType 1

8. Post
    went hunting with Hans, the local lord in waiting , met up with 3 bandits and 3 Cuman pillagers. Ran around like a chicken while they fought each other. Stabbed last 2 guys in the back while they were facing off. Money problems done plus armor. Carrying it back was a pain tho.

also , got nearly master pickpocketing because stealing from sleeping ppl still counts

9. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    Lol this game

Users have found a simple command line that massively boosts performance

Type this into the console r_BatchType 1
    Definitely going to have to try this when I get home. My 3570k and 7970 are truly starting to show their age, and I hope this helps at least a little bit!

10. Post
    r_unlock_da_PC_options 1

11. Post
    purchased but will play later on when the controller issues are fixed and some bugs are patched

did a quick performance test, it's not the end of the world bad but the performance does not justify the visuals, even at Ultra settings many of the textures are blurry, not a next gen game visually

and this game likes high clocked single cores - which is why performance will always suck on the consoles, just like PUBG

Only tested the starting area on pc monitor, 1440p with medium settings got 144fps locked, ramped up to ultra settings (but shadows on medium) then getting 80-100fps, ill try the tv next, I don't 4k is as out of reach as the benchmarkers showed, should be able to get close to 60fps at 4k with high settings I think, Ultra wont be possible

edit: yeah close but no cigar, 4k with high is jumping between 50 and 60fps in the starting town, 4k Ultra is a dud, doing 35fps yay. Medium settings (which is what the consoles use) gets the locked 60fps

That being said happy to just play high - the texture quality doesn't seem to change much between the settings, its mainly lighting, shadows, particle effects and object draw distances - may need to just tweak one or two things to get the locked 60 with most settings on High, will wait for others to figure out the best config files for this
    Last edited by SirGrim; 22nd February 2018 at 9:53 pm.

12. Post
    ChrisB wrote:
    For the most part the big issues are subjective.

I put in 5 hours, and was very underwhelmed by the "functional" parts. Mileage will vary. It however is still broken, and does not perform half as well as it should.
    I can play The Witcher 3 @4K MAx Settings (except hair and no AA) @60FPS on my system. I can't even maintain 60 @1440p on High with this game (V High and Ultra are unobtainable).
    I'm not holding out for performance improvements either, in an interview the developers said Very High/Ultra is intended for next-gen graphics cards - which might be true or it can be used as an easy cop-out to avoid having to optimise.

That being said, in my testing if I was comfortable playing on a couch with a controller at a locked solid 30fps, then my system can run this at 4k with every setting maxed out - the caveat being its locked to 30fps which is what console users gets anyway (except even a one x is using medium settings and 1440p)

Given those results, to get 4k max settings with 60fps is going to require almost double 1080ti power

The game doesn't actually look that good either, its the extra effects that is killing the performance, the global illumination is impressive (casting shadows all over the place using every light source) - so you have high quality shadows being cast all over the place with multiple light sources in the scene - then you have particle effects (you can in some instance see dust flying through the air) and its these little things that kill performance

The game is a cpu hog as well, but I never encountered bottlenecks from the cpu (8700k 5ghz), the gpu was always doing 100% load with the cpu around 30-40% which is very high for this CPU, most games I play use 5-15% cpu usage
    Last edited by SirGrim; Yesterday at 2:26 pm.