1. Post
    Preloaded, so I might try and play for an hour or so. INB4 3am.

Also, if you're using an Nvidia card then don't forget to download the latest drivers which are optimised for the game.

2. Post
    Restart Steam and start unpacking.

3. Post
    seems like a steaming turd so far. poorly thought out and unchangeable controls on ps4. and general clunkiness in everything. graphics are passable aside form some horrendous npc pop-in. voice acting.. we'll everyone knows about that already.

i'll press on and hope it grows on me when the game starts proper.

4. Post
    Been watching gameplay videos, looks fun to me, story seems interesting.

5. Post
    Played a bit, it feels unpolished compared to AAA titles, but still enjoying it for the most part. Graphics are feeling a bit dated for a modern PC game, especially the post processing effects. But that could be just because I'm coming off the back of a Deus Ex: MD playthrough too.

6. Post
    In-game codex is so in-depth...blows my mind. Historian's wet dream so far..the level of historic detail is crazy.

Combat is deeper than I first thought, and hard.
    Voice acting, story pacing and dialogue is top notch.
    Music and sound design are good so far: nice ambient stuff too, very relaxing.
    Only bugs (that I hear there are a lot of) so far for me is rain textures on buildings where there is no rain...a bit annoying.

The 'role playing' part of RPG seems to be lost on a lot of games, not so here, your choices REALLY matter, and you can miss quests/npcs very, very easily I've noticed.

Enjoying this Bohemian Rhapsody so far a ton, more updates to come: recommend it so far for sure though (charming is a word most to describe the game so far).

JRS wrote:
    voice acting.. we'll everyone knows about that already.
    Not sure if we playing the same game, voice acting seems on par if not above par in most cases for me.

7. Post
    Enjoyed the 20 minutes I played. Bugged out at the sword training quest, it ended up at a black loading screen and I closed out to go to work.

8. Post
    IST wrote:
    In-game codex is so in-depth...blows my mind. Historian's wet dream so far..the level of historic detail is crazy.

Combat is deeper than I first thought, and hard.
    Voice acting, story pacing and dialogue is top notch.
    Music and sound design are good so far: nice ambient stuff too, very relaxing.
    Only bugs (that I hear there are a lot of) so far for me is rain textures on buildings where there is no rain...a bit annoying.

The 'role playing' part of RPG seems to be lost on a lot of games, not so here, your choices REALLY matter, and you can miss quests/npcs very, very easily I've noticed.

Enjoying this Bohemian Rhapsody so far a ton, more updates to come: recommend it so far for sure though (charming is a word most to describe the game so far).

Not sure if we playing the same game, voice acting seems on par if not above par in most cases for me.
    Your overselling it. There are going to be a lot of people getting refunds because of the combat alone. The trailers definitely don't reflect how clunky it is; especially when it goes beyond 1v1 situations.

9. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    Your overselling it. There are going to be a lot of people getting refunds because of the combat alone. The trailers definitely don't reflect how clunky it is; especially when it goes beyond 1v1 situations.
    I'm enjoying the combat, find it quite satisfying actually.

Stick and move on anything more than 1v1 or you're dead, you aren't a Braavosi master swordsman though, ...it's supposed to be a blacksmith's son learning the art of sword fighting so I reckon it feels about right. Have hit a couple more bugs, horse got stuck on a fence once and one cutscene repeated: reminds me of about New Vegas launch level of bugs.

The conversation system is ****ing dope, love the mix of dice roll/stat checks and timed response: gives a sense of urgency. Feels like Mass Effect and New Vegas kind of hybrid system, helps the voice acting is good.

Performance has been beast, expected far worse from beta performance reports, thought it might chug on high on my 3770K/980 OC combo, but nah bol...going guns.

10. Post
    Watched a couple of reviews last night. General consensus is that it's a bit buggy atm.

Probably worth while waiting for it to be patched up a bit.

11. Post
    This needs some serious optimization

1080ti 1440p Ultra settings, standing in a town = 30fps lol

12. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Rough.

I thought it was mainly consoles with frame rate issues.

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:

Was playing at 4k at very high, and it was nice and smooth with a couple of overclocked 1080ti's.

14. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    with a couple of overclocked 1080ti's.
    k

15. Post
    Haisley wrote:
    Rough.

I thought it was mainly consoles with frame rate issues.
    It's very up and down, one moment its 80fps, the next its 30fps

It's from a youtube video I watched this morning

16. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Was playing at 4k at very high, and it was nice and smooth with a couple of overclocked 1080ti's.
    nice smooth 40fps

17. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    Look at my giant balls. Look at them!
    Literally the most pointless self-congratulatory post in this forum. Were you expecting applause maybe? Your comment about using $3000 worth of high-end video cards is of no use to anyone.

Game is a mess currently.
    Combat is ok, but is nowhere near as deep as it thinks it is, and does not deliver the experience it promised
    Story is painfully pedestrian
    Characters are pretty dull (so far)
    Graphics are OK at best
    Role Playing is so far very superficial
    Its buggy as hell
    Performs like pig

the world is cool, and very detailed from a lore/historic context
    Much of what I've seen could get better further in
    Some patches can fix the primary issues I have,

Will come back in another 9-12 months, which is how much more dev time it needed.

Do not buy.

18. Post
    I would be expecting a lot more fps than 40 with 2x 1080ti's @4k

19. Post
    So. Much. Salt.

20. Post
    Guess gaming at 1440p on my 1070 may be an issue then. Will wait before i buy it. Reviews are mixed anyway

21. Post
    InvisibleShadow wrote:
    So. Much. Salt.
    None at all. Maybe I wasn't clear. The only person that cares is you.

22. Post
    ChrisB's point:- If you throw sheer hardware muscle at the problem of poor software optimisation of course there's a really high likelihood that you'll just power right through it. It doesn't actually fix the poor optimisation so there's no real point bringing it up.

23. Post
    So I have an older yet still ok'ish i7 3770K/980OC/SSD/16GB system, and it's running good for me on high/1080p - odd drop, but hardly noticeable.

You guys are running it at 1440p though and 4K, so yeah...that could be the difference right there, also I've heard putting lighting/shadows above high murders performance, maybe dial those down to med or high like old ISTarooni and see if that helps. Upscales sweet to 4K on my KS8000 - if someone told me it was running at 4K i'd believe them so that's good enough for me

I must be one of the only peeps really enjoying the combat, that feeling when you land blows is great, it's hard and a bit of a dance (I have always liked TW3 combat too, unlike most in the community I've found..). Story is very well executed too IMO, well told and with likable characters: feels like an epic movie like a Braveheart or something whilst you're playing through it.

Bugs are a problem however, but I haven't encountered anything game breaking yet but have seen more now, but waiting till patches are in if you haven't bought already could be a good idea for sure (they don't bother me enough to wait, I'm digging it how it is currently).

Good, Bit Eurojank Messy (think Skyrim/NV at launch levels aka plenty of bugs), Charming wee game.

24. Post
    One thing I'll say though, the save game system is utter pants and I'm modding it out the first chance I can (perhaps today if there's one out) - puts you off any real experimentation since saving is such a luxury and finite.